The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Quick check in - no time to read all the weekend posts, that'll have to come later.

Yesterday was an excellent day to start, Trevor came over and we went to a farmers market, followed by brunch at one of our favourite spots. The afternoon was "supposed" to be a brief two-task fixit, followed by some serous railway modeling. Alas, the upstairs toilet flush issue (running on some leak or other malfunction after filling) resulted in TWO trips to the hardware store combined with a couple of hours of wailing and gnashing of teeth none of which corrected the problem. At that point I declared I was going to blow up the toilet, dig a latrine in the back yard and be done with it.

Mrs had a preferred option, try a third time to fix it <sigh>. We decided the part needed (only one LEFT to replace) would best be obtained after an early evening movie to calm my nerves. We saw "The Secret life of pets", recommended as "cute/funny/you should go" by both kids. It was all they said and relaxed me enough to obtain the requsite part fro the late opening big-box store, get home, afford repair in about 4 minutes and bliss is returned to the "facilities".

Today is our anniversary - 34 and counting - and we're having mostly a relax (after I provided the morning coffee in bed for her majesty) before we head to a wedding (fitting!!) late afternoon. The eldest son of our travelling companions/friends is getting married so we're off to that <hic>.

Enjoy the dwindling hours of the weekend everyone.

Edited by Ian Abel
  • Like 9

Like Robbie, I'm having a "procedure" tomorrow. But mine is just abdominal aortic aneurysm screening, so no need to fast. That I'm staring at an empty plate is due to my attempt to lose weight.

Bill

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Game umpired... Beverley won by not bowling as many wides.....

off to watch Yorkshire CCC tomorrow as a guest of her indoors who has been nominated for an OSCA (Outstanding Services for Cricket Award) for her work as Yorkshire Scorers Officer, Tutor and long time scorer for St Chads Broomfield CC

Free entry to the game, free tea but drinks have to be paid for // umph!

Sleep well all!  And for those already awake, hope the day goes well!

Baz

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone.

Tonight I chatted with my brother in Canada, we generally speak every 4 weeks due to his shift pattern, so we've actually spoken twice this month, but we won't speak again until September, as we'll be in Scotland when we would normally have spoken next.

It's back to work tomorrow, so off to bed for me.

Goodnight all.

• Like 15

A quick, brief check in.

Virgin are now saying that service won't be resumed until next Thursday at the earliest. That will be four weeks...

They are paying for my bolt-on data package on my phone, though. But it's slow and unreliable. Roll on BT.

Best wishes to everyone, though I haven't read everything, of course.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Like Robbie, I'm having a "procedure" tomorrow. But mine is just abdominal aortic aneurysm screening, so no need to fast. That I'm staring at an empty plate is due to my attempt to lose weight.Bill

I suspect you won't have to have fur removed like Robbie did for his scan!

Hope it all goes well.

Tony

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

A quick, brief check in.

Virgin are now saying that service won't be resumed until next Thursday at the earliest. That will be four weeks...

They are paying for my bolt-on data package on my phone, though. But it's slow and unreliable. Roll on BT.

Best wishes to everyone, though I haven't read everything, of course.

I have always been happy with BT. We used to have cable just for TV but didn't stay for long after Virgin took over TeleWest, the original supplier.

Our O2 data is very good here, not sure why we are privileged to have such a strong 4G signal but I am not complaining!

Thank you for the cheery kitten you posted "elsewhere" too.

Tony

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium

Went to Zennor - and found that the Wayside Museum has closed - pity. Steak, spuds and salad consumed, along with some Rattler. 

Then it's going to get rather damp on Monday.

If you'd asked first I could have confirmed both facts for you ;)

Morning all.  Welcome to a very wet Moan Day.  Yesterday was beautiful - almost-warm sunshine dawn to dusk.  Today when I have a monument of laundry to achieve and the backyard to sweep and tidy for the green waste collection it is persisterating down.

Slight improvement reported from both parents with a home help now assigned, assessment for mobility aids (grab rails around the house, bathing chair and a few others) and attendance allowance.  Father is reported to have perked up at the arrival of a young woman (in her sixties, but he's almost 90) spending a couple of hours with him in the bedroom to which he is almost confined.

Following the progress of the Man Engine through Cornwall.  https://medium.com/balweyth-cornish-mining/the-man-engine-3ad03eff55fb#.g0bn5sen7  A remarkable project even if you're not connected in any way to the local communities.  It's moving people to tears, apparently, and rekindling much of the Cornish passion for mining and self-identity.

No attendance until 15 o'clock on Hump Day.  I shall enjoy some sleeps.  I hope you do too.

• Like 12

Morning All,

Stupid o'clock kitten nuff said
Exhaustion

Yes - I know what you mean.  Picasso and Parcifal have a habit of trying to crash through dooes at four in the morning!  The first time it happened, we wondered what on earth was going on.

We have a nice bright morning here, but somewhat chillier than of late.

Not a lot else to report, so have a good day everyone...

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Breakfast, then I will set off to the vets with Robbie. The operation isn't at our nearby vet's surgery. The operation is in Laindon which is the other side of Basildon. If he needs post operative supervision/care he will be moved to the animal hospital nearby.

Otherwise not a lot planned for today.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

I know what you mean about the stupid kitten. We were late to bed trying to make sure the roof was covered awoken about 2 by the small terrier had to walk them up the garden as she needed toilet. Needed to go again at 6.

Enjoy your day

Don

• RMweb Premium

Mawnin' awl. Slept in for a bit after we returned from Ye Olde Countrie last night. Thankfully, Elise's uncle is feeling quite well after his first round of chemo, so I'm keeping all fingers I have crossed that it'll stay this way.

On the other hand, I did find it quite difficult to, in a sense, say farewell to my old home, as it looks like a buyer for the house has been found. I mean, I do understand that the house is far too large for just my parents and I'm happy for them to have found a rather nice place up in Schleswig-Holstein, but, well – the old house is where I've grown up and a place of innumerable memories. I've said to myself that I do not want to revisit it once it has been sold as it will no longer be the same.

Anyway, my plan for today is fitting a cupboard which we bought just before our trip, as well as arranging a few other bits.

Try to enjoy your day, folks.

Morning all.

Off in a minute to get a new bird feeder with squirrel defender. I have no faith in this, but today the songbirds have been driven off by pigeons, squirrels and a parrakeet. A magpie had a look as well. Sparrows, blue tits and wrens, not so much.

Then gardening. Oh joy.

Have a good day, everyone.

• RMweb Premium

Morning awl from a village that is bright and sunny at the moment. The boss is up and about and is heading for Asda to meet a friend for coffee and breakfast which leaves me free to put some decent music on whilst I do the ironing. Then hopefully some more (modelling) before an evening at the clubrooms.

Not a lot else to say so regards to all.

Jamie

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Morning everyone.

Work awaits, but luckily I'm not traveling great distances today, probably get about 30 miles done tops. I'm not complaining though, as it'll mean I'll get home early.

Back later.

• Like 13