The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

As I've got nothing to do, I'm going to sneak off in a few minutes to pick up an Hornby Adams Radial in LSWR Green that I've got put on one side at Walton's Models in Altrincham, that SWMBO is buying me for my birthday next month.

Back later

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

Today's task is to collect Robbie, and then continue tidying Matthew's room. He won't be home until August

Tony

In one morning paper recently there was a photo is some ...... erm ...... young students in Utrecht trying to keep cool in a paddling pool in the street.

If I were in Matthew's position I don't think I would be hurrying to get back.

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

Well, a new fridge has been ordered and will be delivered in the early afternoon tomorrow, so we can clear and defrost the old one while not leaving our foodstuffs without refrigeration for too long. Probably best that way as it's still very warm, and extremely humid after an intense shower around 3 pm. Yuck…

• Like 2

Not sure how many Bishops from the '50s we have on ERs.

Me.  The Bishop of Truro in the 1950s was Edmund Morgan, who would have been about seventy by then.  He was of the high church persuasion.  I doubt if he would have had a summer costume, so in a black coat but he might not be wearing his rochet or gaiters.  Just a guess, but I think he would be in a black shirt.  Definitely a cross, but may not be visible.

Bill

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

In one morning paper recently there was a photo is some ...... erm ...... young students in Utrecht trying to keep cool in a paddling pool in the street.

If I were in Matthew's position I don't think I would be hurrying to get back.

He is off to Cork via Dublin tomorrow for a few days. Then home for about 10 days and then off to Wroclaw for a week and then home until he goes to Cork again. He returns to Utrecht in January.
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Got it.

Lovely little engine.

A little bit of an idea as to who I'm feeling about it

post-27337-0-98141400-1469460835_thumb.jpeg

He, he :-)

• Like 8

Me.  The Bishop of Truro in the 1950s was Edmund Morgan, who would have been about seventy by then.  He was of the high church persuasion.  I doubt if he would have had a summer costume, so in a black coat but he might not be wearing his rochet or gaiters.  Just a guess, but I think he would be in a black shirt.  Definitely a cross, but may not be visible.

Bill

Yes, all well and good. But......

what about the baby eating bishop of Bath & Wells? :no:

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon, have been absent from the conversations on here for around three weeks, thus congratulations and commiserations as appropriate.

Nothing healthwise for my absence just an opportunity occured (thanks to a recent vote) to earn some dosh helping a mate out who runs a consultancy firm with some focus groups.

Hardwork and I think I have heard enough about trade agreement opportunities for the forseeable future.

I am so glad I am retired and away from the corporate world, it seems to me to have got worse!

During this period eldest finished his secondment in Stockholm and is back in London, youngest has just bought a flat and apparently requires help with decorating starting next week sometime so I am told.

I might at some point get some modeling done!

Enjoy your evening, very pleasant outside here.

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

He is off to Cork via Dublin tomorrow for a few days. Then home for about 10 days and then off to Wroclaw for a week and then home until he goes to Cork again. He returns to Utrecht in January.

They will probably be out of the paddling pool by then.

• RMweb Gold

Depending on the weather, they might have their skates on instead :P

hat, coat, off we go!

One of Matthew's flatmates in Utrecht flew home to Crete last week complaining he had seen no sun since he arrived last September. He must have departed just before the sunny day. Edited by Tony_S

One of Matthew's flatmates in Utrecht flew home to Crete last week complaining he had seen no sun since he arrived last September. He must have just before the sunny day.

perhaps he is a boy from Sissi, Crete

hat, coat etc

Edited by lightengine
  • Like 2

Yes, all well and good. But......

what about the baby eating bishop of Bath & Wells? :no:

Andrew,

Please think of the time line.  When the baby eating bishop of Bath & Wells was rampant, Bath would have been of the broad gauge persuasion, Polly's layout is narrow gauge.

Bill

Another site and yet another day that went to plan and it didn't rain. Is it time to start worrying?

When I got home I promptly fell asleep before managing to make a coffee

AndyB - I sympathise with you on the cost of AC repairs. The cost is certainly a problem that I could live with for the van. Instead I've had to buy a new window winder handle.

Thinking of those ailing, supporting, recovering and missing

• Like 10

Andrew,

Please think of the time line.  When the baby eating bishop of Bath & Wells was rampant, Bath would have been of the broad gauge persuasion, Polly's layout is narrow gauge.

Bill

But which bishop? From "The Spectator" website, May 2014 -

"The bishopric of Bath and Wells comes with more bear-traps than most. For one thing, there’s the baby-eating. Ever since Blackadder told Baldrick he was being chased for a debt by the ‘baby–eating Bishop of Bath and Wells’, the image has stuck. When the last incumbent [before Peter Hancock], Peter Price, made his first visit to the House of Lords, accompanied by his five-week-old granddaughter, the Bishop of Southwark remarked: ‘I see the bishop has brought his own lunch.’ "

- So it seems that bishops of the Anglican persuasion are happy to perpetuate the joke ...

• RMweb Gold

Stripping the first half of the flat roof off underneath the felt is a layer half inch to one inch of Ashpalt on a metal mesh. Such fun never seen that before. So extra time and extra to dispose.

Don 

• RMweb Gold

Had a great evening with Andrew and our respective halves.

On a train home. A five car 387 but one car locked out of use so just one toilet left in this packed train. However the toilet is falling apart, leaking, buttons missing and handover failed. Soap works. What a state for Southerns newest train. Emptied out a bit at Purley but still very sticky as air con not very good in this area.

Just goes to show how much of a cover up the guards dispute is when the trains are falling start despite the huge reduction in services there is currently.

A shambles.

post-1557-0-57860300-1469475409_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Update : Phase 1 complete yesterday. Phase 2 due to start shortly.Delay....there is a burst watermain in our vicinity.Oh joy. :O

After a whole 14 hours with either no water or pressure too low to work with..full supply has just returned.Not a good day in Froth City.When you don't have it,you sure do appreciate it.Well done to the guys of South Staffs Water.