The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Awoken in the very early hours by an idiot who, according to his story at the front door, had walked 5 miles in the wrong direction after attending a wedding!

Welding can have strange effects on people. I'm not sure if it's because of the intense UV radiation or the powerful magnetic fields.

• RMweb Gold

Jam fully understands that ERs is founded on the search for nebulous ways to insult fellow posters.

In these pages I've watched Jam grow over many years from what he was then to what he is now.

Some things never change though do they :D

I just tried to find out when I originally joined RMweb - I think it was about 9 years ago (I was 14!). I tried to login to the old RMweb archive, but it seems to kick me off it instantly. Calshot ( my first proper layout) was started in 2009, and I know I was on RMweb for at least a year before - my indecisive and childish mind at the time is now too cringy to look at (Although I'm still pretty indecisive at times!).

As for today, I'm actually up before 7am - that's a rarity these days. I'm currently house-sitting and put my alarm on for 6 in the hope of a majestic misty morning so I can go out and take photos. No such luck unfortunately, so I'm gonna catch up on maintenance work that I need to do on my website.

Sorry to hear you had a rude awakening, Dd - if there's one thing I do need, it's undisturbed sleep! (It's a shame I'm house-sitting currently where there are 2 rather friendly cats that love to jump on you in the night and snuggle up to you. Which is all well and good until you can start to smell their breath!)

Edited by SouthernRegionSteam
  • Like 6

Good morning all!

Ha! Yeah, that's what you say! :D
It must've been quite a few years already since the last time we met. Where does the time go?!

Apparently, time flies when you're having fun, but how would I know?

Looks like a good day looms; much planed but how much will be achieved?

• Like 11

Good morning all!

Apparently, time flies when you're having fun, but how would I know?

Looks like a good day looms; much planed but how much will be achieved?

Sounds like it should go smoothly.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from a nice bright village.   Good to see new faces appearing on this site.

Good luck to Chrisf on his travels this morning.  

Church this morning then over to visit the outlaws and a visiting gaggle of step outlaws.  Not too difficult as most of the step ones are very attractive step granddaughters, it's a hard life but someone's got to talk to them.   As the outlaws have no internet they will all be suffering from cold turkey.

I've also sorted out some locos that Tony built that will displayed in the church tomorrow.  

Regards to all.

Jamie

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Mawnin' awl. One more shift today followed by eight days of leave. Things look like we'll be browsing for a new and larger fridge, not only because ours is a bit old but also because of all the veg we get from the garden!

Good to see you back, Jam! :yes:

Had another interesting shift yesterday highlighted by returning to Dölitz Depot which was put back on line yesterday after extensive modernisation. Look right here for a photo strip: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/blog/1910/entry-18080-the-return-to-vh2/

Enjoy what you do, guys and gals…

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold

Morning

slept like a log after all those pints with John yesterday.

Up at 4am .

One CSX difco car more or class assembled. Just needs the underframe and body gluing together.

Still struggling to work out how to keep the ditch lights on with the Tsunami 2 decoder.

Negatives being scanned. Getting close to finishing 1987.

Plenty of other jobs to do today.

• Like 2

A cloudy start for a change in West Borsetshire.

The Black Dog has been hanging around a bit this week.

Does anybody else think that happiness is all about the chase, the struggle and the anticipation of good things in the future, and when, by accident or design, that fight is over, and the euphoria of achievement passes, there is an unwelcome anti climax?

Is this what drives the rich and famous to sex, drugs and alcohol?

• RMweb Gold

attachicon.gifHelpersAAArmw.jpg

These ladies jovially offered me help yesterday.

To do what?

It turns out it is a Supermarket promotion.

Are they going to walk in front of my trolley shooting gossipy old women in my way?

No, nor will they Taser folk who suddenly realise after packing their shopping that they have to pay for it and the purse is at the bottom of the shopping bag.

Where is the acid bath waiting to deal with sight impaired trolley pushers aiming for my ankles?

So, the T Shirts have a message that is very Silly.

These ladies are unable to help me - at least with anything to do with shopping.

Buckets and spades?

You could always employ them to dig a muddy hollow in preparation should I ever come a visiting.

After a few hours of toil, a photo of them being sprayed down with a garden hose and mixing the mud would not be suitable  for Bill's delicate eyes

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning to most, evening to some.

No cricket today so I can go and watch some....cricket while her indoors and the early music group Nachtanz practice in our dining room. Or, I could do a bit of railway modelling...decisions, decisions!

Have a great 24 hours!

Baz

• Like 13

Morning all. I didn't bother with the alarm for a change but I was still up too early.

Washing done and drying, 3rd cup of coffee being consumed all in preparation for washing the van and tackling the ironing.

Have a good day everyone

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

A cloudy start for a change in West Borsetshire.

The Black Dog has been hanging around a bit this week.

Does anybody else think that happiness is all about the chase, the struggle and the anticipation of good things in the future, and when, by accident or design, that fight is over, and the euphoria of achievement passes, there is an unwelcome anti climax?

Is this what drives the rich and famous to sex, drugs and alcohol?

You are by no means the only Black Dog sufferer on here, although I hardly number myself among them.

But your point about achievement is well-made. It's like winning on ebay, instantly euphoric, and much anticipation of postie's knock, but almost as soon as the item is unwrapped and savoured, it becomes part of the furniture and fittings, however much it cost, or life-changing its function.

I am neither rich nor famous, but retain a healthy interest in sex, an unhealthy enjoyment of alcohol, and drugs largely passed me by.

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Morning all, same old, same old cleaning and tidying to do. I don't iron anything anymore shirts are hung up and left to dry. The children are getting older but no wiser bit like their Dad really. I am becoming more annoyed at their inability to understand that I look after their Mum because she is disabled not because she can't be arsed to clean up after herself. Oh well time to start where's the mop.....

So breakfast was able to be cooked outside (on the Cadac with frying pan installed) and I'd just finished, served, come in and closed the awning flap when the heavens opened. 

Good luck, not good timing.

Pity that luck doesn't extend to the lottery - only five numbers short last night.

• Like 2

Ok, own up! Who has spent the weekend trying to get to Dover - where only one French Immigration official was on duty?

I can’t understand why they were all heading there in the first place, are there no alternatives?

Best, Pete.

• Like 2

Ok, own up! Who has spent the weekend trying to get to Dover - where only one French Immigration official was on duty?

I can’t understand why they were all heading there in the first place, are there no alternatives?

Best, Pete.

First Saturday after school ends. Everybody and their cat were off on their great summer holiday to Europe. Well played by the French to give them a taste of what post-brexit border control will be like. Although that isn't much different than Sunday nights at Brussels Midi-Zuid.

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

I believe they head there because that is where the ferries park up.

Seriously, yes there are other routes but I guess that, under normal circumstances, this is the shortest, quickest and most convenient route for huge swathes of the population.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

Firstly I hope Chris will be able to afford the fuel to return home after visiting the Quainton Road money sucking establishment; the last time we went there I took one look at the prices and got back in the car (although it was some sort of gala thingy I believe).

To answer Pete's question - some people we know.  They seem to have only suffered a few hours delay but what I'm unable to puzzle out is why they, like umpteen hundreds of others, went to Dover in the first place as they started from the vicinity of the Lambourn Valley and are enroute to Tours.  He's an Immigration Officer so maybe he knows something we don't but it strikes me as a daft way to get between those two places when Portsmouth - Le Havre (or even Cherbourg) is much nearer to a direct route from one to to t'other - maybe they don't like longer sea crossings?

Big day for the Good Doctor as she will be having her first drive of her own car when I collect her from work - nice easy start in Tesco's car park (assuming it is reasonably halfwit and cockwomble free).

Have a  good day one & all

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Morning all,

Firstly I hope Chris will be able to afford the fuel to return home after visiting the Quainton Road money sucking establishment; the last time we went there I took one look at the prices and got back in the car (although it was some sort of gala thingy I believe).

To answer Pete's question - some people we know.  They seem to have only suffered a few hours delay but what I'm unable to puzzle out is why they, like umpteen hundreds of others, went to Dover in the first place as they started from the vicinity of the Lambourn Valley and are enroute to Tours.  He's an Immigration Officer so maybe he knows something we don't but it strikes me as a daft way to get between those two places when Portsmouth - Le Havre (or even Cherbourg) is much nearer to a direct route from one to to t'other - maybe they don't like longer sea crossings?

Big day for the Good Doctor as she will be having her first drive of her own car when I collect her from work - nice easy start in Tesco's car park (assuming it is reasonably halfwit and cockwomble free).

Have a  good day one & all

You know what they say about assumptions Mike! and in a Tesco car park as well.

• RMweb Gold

).

l

Sherry and her ex found Portsmouth - Caen (actually Ouistreham) to be the best for this part of France. Head for the A88, onto the A28 and you're straight to Tours. Yes, the voyage is longer, but getting a cabin is good for a bit of kip. Sherry now uses the route regularly to visit me.
  • Like 4