The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone.

All work completed for the week, I'm off now until Monday. Spent lunch time in the company of Mick (newbryford). A chat and a cuppa in the shade of a large horse chestnut tree, the odd bit of rain but mostly sunny.

We've been trying to arrange a quick meet up as Brian is often in my area and today I had a driving lesson cancellation that just coincided with Brian's jobs in the locale and lunchtime.

Said horse chestnut tree at wife's work is blimmin' huge and one job that often falls my way is about 4-6 weeks of leaf shifting in the autumn to clear the hotel gardens

Back to work for a few hours and then the re-arranged golf from yesterday. A 4&3 win sees me through to the semi final of our singles club knockout.

Off to the shed soon for some modelling.

Probably check in again later.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 18

45156, I got the Tramadol and Oramorph, just in case the pain increases.

Its been ok today but I have tried to keep up the hospital regime I had adopted of sitting down, some walking and some sleeping. Luckily we have 2 single beds in the spare room that have motors to raise and lower, so I am using 1 of those at present. In fact being at home is almost like being in hospital.

• Like 1

Good evening all:

The day got off to a good start with a points failure at Littlehampton; ........

........ Good night all.

I fail to see the point of Littlehampton .......

Edited by Ashcombe

• RMweb Premium

My game finished at 6:02pm, I drove home and got the bus to Headingley to arrive at 6:59.  a pint was waiting :mosking: . stayed and talked to prospective scorers and umpires and arrived back home at about 9:30 after another pint .. busy time in the umpiring and scoring world! I have decided I may do more umpiring next year but just need to convince the governing body that assessments need to be moderated as some of the newer umpires I have seen this year are carp!

I don't mind heat so long as it isn't humid. Slept like a log last night .. hope its the same tonight!

Sleep well/have a nice evening everyone.

Baz

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone.

We've spent the part of the evening getting are stuff ready for tomorrow. The weather looks like it could be kind to us too, fingers crossed.

SWMBO has decided to empty her bag of stuff she thinks she won't need tomorrow. How the hell does all that stuff fit in her bag, it reminded me a bit of Mary Poppins' bag.

Painkillers, I've never yet found one that really worked for me, the side effects seemed to be worse than the pain. I now seem to able to block out the pain, I don't even have an injection at the dentist when I have fillings.

Mick. The area in Altrincham we were talking about earlier is called Broadheath, it suddenly came to me as I was painting the handrails.

LE. I'll bet your current surroundings are nicer than those at the hospital though.

Off to bed now.

Goodnight all.

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium

Mick. The area in Altrincham we were talking about earlier is called Broadheath, it suddenly came to me as I was painting the handrails.

I said one of us would randomly remember it - I wasn't too far off with Broadhurst...... thank you for the company at lunchtime.

Incidentally, the RC racing club at Urmston that I regularly visited for about 9 years was at the St Clements Branch Church Hall, just off Bradfield Rd.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

I fail to see the point of Littlehampton .......

I wholeheartedly agree.  I had the misfortune to live some ten miles to the east for a time in a large town famous for its elderly population.  Littlehampton was regarded as a condition from which one did not wish to suffer ;)  Still, better that than a Bognor in the Regis.  Personally I never did either but was once or twice accused of Angmering after hours though I never engaged in Lancing and definitely not in Goring.

Morning all.  Day two of five rostered off.  Cold has abated slightly after being treated with Codral and St. Austell brewery's Proper Job IPA.  Not sure which was responsible for the turnaround but I know which I prefer.

SWMBO remains off work today still unwell but has completed her application to Kew Gardens.  We have done some preliminary research on housing and if she is successful it's likely that she would start work at their required date and live in a short-term rental within range while I sort out our affairs here and we seek somewhere more suitable and permanent.  It appears that Fleet and Woking are favoured by existing staff and both seem to be just within the affordable range factoring in travel costs.  

Best wishes to all.  

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Brief "heat" update - 9:30Pm here and still holding at 31C! Apparently there's every danger it'll get as low as 26 overnight. :O

Goodnight all those who can sleep.

Welcome to my world!

Morning all. Slept like a log, didn't hear the alarm and wasn't bitten by insects. That's what I call a good nights sleep.

Unfortunately I feel more tired than when I went to bed , so the coffee consumption has been increased.

A quick trip to one site and then home for report writing. At least I'll get chance to look in a bit more frequently today.

Have a good day everyone

• Like 15