The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Since the crappy mobile version of the forum software doesn't handle the likes, etc. I will have to revisit a few days worth of posts to catch up.

Whilst it handles 'likes', it does have the same repertoire as the full version.

Perhaps an RMApp is required?

Good night all!

• RMweb Gold

Whilst it handles 'likes', it does have the same repertoire as the full version.

Perhaps an RMApp is required?

Good night all!

The mobile versions seem to vary depending which mobile you use. The iPhone ipod version behaves as AndrewC noted. The android mobile version at least gives the option of switching to the full forum software. The high resolution of my Samsung phone is fine with the full version.
  • Like 6

Evenin' all,

Best regards to any that ail.

Thank you all for your kind words and continual support. Definitely a day to keep busy....it started with two real ales at 9am (a first for sure) for Dutch courage to face all of the tasks throughout the day, however, it worked and most of Is's wishes have been addressed on day one. We have a provisional funeral date of July 21st at Meerbrook church. She has chosen rousing hymms capable of loosening the new roof slates, so anyone fancying doing justice to e.g. 'The battle hymm of the republic' as she is played out is welcome to come along and also to share in the refreshments afterwards but be sure to introduce yourselves. 

Rgds

Dave

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Dave, late on this but my thoughts are with you.

The rest - a few days not being able to access and the world has moved on and on this forum phenomenally ... I'll try and catch up later.

Peter

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone.

As it's Tuesday, that means it's the Sainsbury's Grand Prix. As usual I go round the shop with the shopping list and SWMBO wonders off looking at all the shinny objects, the books, the clothing and anything else that we don't really need. It seems to work most weeks as we only tend to buy what we need, with very few impulseive purchases ;-)

Happy birthday for tomorrow Pete.

Off to bed now as we need to be out of the house for 7:30.

So goodnight all.

• Like 3

Today has been a very difficult day at work. If only parents would learn to respect teachers and accept their decisions. Yes. We were not on strike and opened as normal. Not all teachers strike at a drop of a hat!!

I would just like to clarify the highlighted line in my previous post. This is NOT a dig at my own profession. It is, in fact, a tongue in cheek comment since I have heard this said by many non-teachers in my time. These are usually the same people who say that people in my profession are lazy, work only from 9-3.30 and have 13 weeks holiday per year.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Just got out my appointment card ready for tomorrow's appointment, it's next Wednesday, doh!

• RMweb Premium

Happy Birthday to both of our Birthday ERs!

My day has been spent mainly umpiring. Tomorrow teh schedule is cricket match then League Management Committee meeting.

Sleep well all!

Rick hope work goes well.

baz

• Like 10

Last night we had the huge Search and Rescue whirly thingy land on the Den. The Den is the green expanse lying between the promenade and the main part of town. It was on the ground for about 15 mins. No news yet about it. The circus is in town (no, not Nigel Farage) and I wonder if a performer wasn't injured maybe.

Around 8pm last night a woman was seen in difficulty in the water near Teignmouth pier. She was pulled to safety and given CPR at the scene but was pronounced dead by an attending Dr.

• RMweb Premium

Good Morning all.

A prodigious amount of rain fell yesterday, much of it on and around me during the Hours of Attendance.  Some more managed to find its way through a tiny flaw in the roof back home somewhere above the kitchen requiring the deployment of a plastic container.  From which the cat promptly drank.

Sister reports that aunt was laid to rest with all due dignity and respect yesterday.  No word from father who we both agreed should be left to deal with events in his own way.  He would be both grieving and extremely frustrated at being too ill to get out of bed for a funeral.  We are agreed that his own might not be so far away unless means can be found to increase hi food intake significantly.

Off today.  Which means I can raise a glass later in the direction of Dave and in memory of Is.

Best wishes.

• RMweb Premium

Good morning one and all

I am a bit jealous of Roundhouse for those pics of Toronto streetcars.  How could I stay in that city for three days based opposite Union Station and never clap eyes on one?  

Chris

Chris:

The last time there were streetcars visible from the front of Union Station (and the CPR hotel?) was 1962. Ten years earlier saw the last cars down the street in front of the station.

There are cars going into the underground loop there all the time (I was on one today) and some rush hour cars just behind the hotel. A 3-block walk north or south will get you to fairly heavy on-street service.

Right now, though the service is royally fouled up. One of the heavy routes (Queen) is detouring around something. The intersection at College and Bathurst is being re-laid, so those two routes are doing weird things -- Bathurst is buses. And since the main shops are on Bathurst, north of the construction ... And St Clair is north of that, also having work done. The two (possibly now 3) car barns are all as far south in the city as they can be, so no cars get to St Clair.

Morning all. Not a great nights sleep but at least I was up early enough to complete the report on time. Plenty of coffee has been consumed already and more is planned to follow.

Hopefully a fairly short day on site and I should also have my van back as well.

Have a good day everyone

Morning All,

A belated Happy Birthday to Andrew and a Happy Birthday to Pete.

We have quite a nice morning here.  Blue sky, fluffy white clouds and reasonably warm. 

I have a day of testing to look forward to today.

On the subject of Dom's bathroom cabinet.  It looked to be in quite good condition - I would imagine that somebody forgot it, rather than trying to dispose of it.  Still, who knows?

Have a good day everyone...

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from a sunny Charente. Had a good day yesterday. Started off backfilling the trench to the pool, we got a third of it done in about 45 minutes digging then the sun started getting a bit warm. Another third will be done today. The others all went to the lake beach and I got a lot of the work done on the garage door. This is my fault as I caught it with the trailer mudguard when reversing into the shed. A good BBQ was had and the pool is nearly full.

Dusk was spent batwatching after a bike ride with Beth in the evening sun. As the stars came out a glass of 'The Singleton of Ord' was raised to Is with thoughts of Dave.

Today I'll shortly take more tree branches to the tip and then do my share of trench filling. The garage door will hopefully get finished then the bathroom sink needs it's new tap.

Birthday greetings to Andrew and Pete.

Regards to all.

Jamie

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Morning all.

Sunny here in the North West Leeds Highlands.

Things to do before I set off for cricket.

Hope the day off goes well Rick.

Seems we are missing quite a few ERs at the moment. Hope they are all OK

Have a nice day

Baz

• Like 15

Good morning one and all

Last night's talk on the new build Patriot was excellent and informative.  Today I have the task of distilling it into less than 300 words for the LCGB Bulletin.  This will not and most not take me long for, as always, there are other tasks.  The chances of them all getting done today are slim.  One that does need doing in fairly short order is measuring two suitcases.  One is too large, the other too small.  I want one that is just right.  In a local department store is or was one which is heavily discounted and looks to be the size I seek.  Knowing my luck it will have gone by the time I return.  Luck?  Think Treets melting in my hand or coming third in a game of chess.

Thank you, BR60103, for setting me straight about Toronto streetcars.  It appears that I did not miss much.  I might have discovered them for myself if I had not allowed the travel agent to talk me into a conducted bus tour of the city.  I stayed at the Fairmont Royal York where accountancy methods are remarkable.  I had been led to expect that I would be charged twice for breakfast.  That was soon rectified, as was the charge for the toll-free telephone call [the clue is in the name].  What made me really incandescent was the discovery from my credit card bill that I had been charged for drinks from the mini bar two days after I checked out.  Someone who has stayed at the same hotel told me of an incident in which a group arrived and departed by rail.  Each and every one of them was charged for car parking.  The management response was "I'm sorry, Sir, we just assumed".  Thieving b*st*rds!  One day, maybe, should I be spared, I would like to return to Canada, but I will emphatically not be staying at that hotel again.

To Dave I say "hang on in there buddy" in the full knowledge that this is easier for me to say than for you to do.

Best wishes to the ailing, recovering, supporting, missing, depressed and, especially today, the grieving.

Chris

• Like 14