The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Just got back home after a very long day. For a change, work wasn't to blame but my van. For some reason it's lost power so that was emptied so it could go into the garage and then I had to wait for another one to return so that I could load it up before the long drive home.

Dave - Thinking of yourself and Is. I wish that I could find something better to say though.

Thinking of those ailing, supporting, recovering and missing

• RMweb Premium

Game umpired. Nice and warm until 4pm then...got wet.

More cricket tomorrow.

Sleep well all.

Special thoughts for Dave and Is.

Baz

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone.

Quite a good day in the garden, I managed to prune the roses that were close to the workshop window meaning I had easier access. I also managed to remove all the guttering and the rotten fascia boards. The area underneath the workshop eaves has been cleaned and all debris, cobwebs and dead leaves etc. It's now ready for the new fascia boards, which I'm hoping be able to measure up and cut tomorrow. I intend to paint the area behind these before they're fitted as it'll be so much easier with them removed. So I'm desperately hoping that the weather will be kind to me tomorrow.

As we all know, 4th July is American Independence Day. But here at BSW01 towers it has another significance, it marks the 4th anniversary of my first chemotherapy session. Where does the time go, it doesn't seem 5 minutes ago, but there you have it.

It's late and I'm tired so it's time for bed.

Goodnight all.

• RMweb Gold

Good evening. Tooth update, dry socket (google it) following extraction so back to the dentist. Half an hour after phoning for an emergency appointment a previously sound filling fell out too. All now sorted and quite frankly small beer compared to what some have to put up with/suffer from.

On Saturday I headed the thirteen or so mile to Tywyn to see the Fletcher Jennings get together.

attachicon.giftywyn 01.jpg

The journey there reminded me of the existence of a third species of motoring cockwomble; we've had the fast and the slow, on Saturday I followed the mono-speed cockwomble. From Abergynolwyn through Dolgoch and to Bryncrug it's possible to make good speed on what are narrow and twisty roads. I ended up following a silver grey car at a slow and steady 35-40mph. Fair enough, if you don't know the road and you're not used to diving on something that narrow it makes sense to err on the cautious side. I'm quite happy to follow at a reduced pace, however what irks is that 35-40mph continued through the 30mph restriction at Bryncrug, the car in front pulling away as I braked on entering the village. Living in the country I see it happening regularly, open road and village being driven through at the same pace.

Sorry for the rant, must be the residual grief from my gob.

I gave a like for the Fletcher Jennings. I quite agree about the idiots who drive at mono speed. I see a lot of that myself.

Don

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Evening all,

Well despite the cloud it didn't rain and having had her usual tussle with packing Mrs Stationmaster decided that she would not be cooking this evening so we sampled the new Italian restaurant - absolutely heaving so could have been better for service although the food varied between pretty good and extremely good so worth another visit.

Our ship has lurked off Tenby all day so unless they get a move on tomorrow I can see a potential revision of plans for Wednesday as it might well have been decided to stay there for a couple more nights instead of heading further west; no problem as Plan B is already prepared and we shall be based in Swansea tomorrow night and thus suitably placed for anywhere west thereof which has a railway station handy to a decent anchorage.  How far we will get beyond that depends on the weather I suspect as there might be a bit of a blow coming in from the west/sou'west according to the extended forecast for Sea Areas Niton and Portpatrick but it looks like the gales expected on Saturday will be a good way west of us.

So all be good and take care while I'm away.

G'night all

• Like 17

Below is some guidance from the website (http://www.britishcitizenshiptest.co.uk/)is it me or are there at least 5 mistakes in the wording/grammar/spelling?  I wonder if this website is not just scamming people.

Thank you for visiting BritishCitizenshipTest.co.uk which is the first of its kind. If you are looking to get settled, remain or take a naturalisation in the United Kingdom, then BritishCitizenshipTest.co.uk is a right place to start your preparation with and pass your Life in the UK Test. With our services you can start practicing our new testing patterns and modules which will help prepare and build confidence to pass your Life in the UK Test in your first attempt.

Scared of the Tests? Not Good at English? Not a Computer Savvy? then Start practice your tests today with Pass Guarantee Protection. Click Here to Proceed.

a naturalisation?  Surely your or just naturalisation.

pass your Life in the UK Test?  You cannot pass it online here it has to be sat in a controlled environment.

practicing?  Surely practising.

not Good enough at English?  good, surely.

a computer savvy?  can you be a computer savvy?  surely you can only be computer savvy.

• RMweb Gold

Below is some guidance from the website (http://www.britishcitizenshiptest.co.uk/)is it me or are there at least 5 mistakes in the wording/grammar/spelling?  I wonder if this website is not just scamming people.

Thank you for visiting BritishCitizenshipTest.co.uk which is the first of its kind. If you are looking to get settled, remain or take a naturalisation in the United Kingdom, then BritishCitizenshipTest.co.uk is a right place to start your preparation with and pass your Life in the UK Test. With our services you can start practicing our new testing patterns and modules which will help prepare and build confidence to pass your Life in the UK Test in your first attempt.

Scared of the Tests? Not Good at English? Not a Computer Savvy? then Start practice your tests today with Pass Guarantee Protection. Click Here to Proceed.

a naturalisation?  Surely your or just naturalisation.

pass your Life in the UK Test?  You cannot pass it online here it has to be sat in a controlled environment.

practicing?  Surely practising.

not Good enough at English?  good, surely.

a computer savvy?  can you be a computer savvy?  surely you can only be computer savvy.

Clearly a scam.

• RMweb Premium

pass your Life in the UK Test in your first attempt.

At your first attempt, surely.

Thoughts with Dave and Is.

Thoughts also with my family as my aunt is laid to rest today.  My father (her brother) being far too ill to attend is in a real state and mother is becoming very worried for him.  As indeed we all are.  Sister and her husband are making the trip from Sussex to Clacton to represent those of us forced by our circumstances to be absent.  

• RMweb Premium

"They argue with umpires;

They cheer when they've won.

And they practice beforehand

which ruins the fun!"    (M. Flanders)

Still, Thomas did very well in the Triathlon.  He got placed 25th out of 49.  Considering there were some lads and lasses there who had very obviously trained hard, and had all the gear (triathlon clothing, carbon fiber road bikes, and so on) it was a very passable result.
  • Like 12

Good morning one and all

I am a bit jealous of Roundhouse for those pics of Toronto streetcars.  How could I stay in that city for three days based opposite Union Station and never clap eyes on one?  

Some work in the garden yesterday but more remains.  How I wish that the crops would grow as well as the weeds.  The garden has been telling me for over 30 years not to mess with it and still I pay no heed.

Amid the routine today I will try to find out what happened yesterday in what some would call a sporting event.  No, not Wimbledon but the annual Nathan's hot dog eating championship at Coney Island, where the winner is likely to have engulfed more than 60 hot dogs and buns in 10 minutes.  This is one of many things that I could not do and have no intention of trying.  Not so long ago it was a sensation when a Japanese competitor was the first to pass 50 in 12 minutes.  Ugh.

The mention of Wimbledon reminds me that the BBC has some strange priorities at times.  Oh look, Andy Murray is playing tennis.  Quick, shorten the 6 o'clock news and bung his match on BBC1.  Never mind that close on 10 hours of BBC2 and over 4 hours of BBC1 has already been set aside for tennis coverage.  I suppose someone thinks that the event is of national importance.  Harrumph.

There are, of course, more important things.  Best wishes to Dave and Is and to all who are ailing, recovering, supporting, grieving, missing and depressed.  If there is any viable form of telepathy it might just help.

Chris

Morning All,

The weather is quite reasonable here this morning - relatively mild, with probably around 3-4 Oktas of cloud.  There are indications that it may rain later though.

There isn't a lot else to report, so have a good day everyone...

• Like 12

Stopped off as I was passing Carrog yesterday.

Doesn't change much.

The sparrows still sit on the hand to steal cake.

Got some stock shots of GWR relics (the infrastructure, not the staff).

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Weather forecast means there is no excuse for ignoring the garden but I'll give it a try (ignoring it I mean). By all accounts our exhibition done well and Sunday we had a visit from our former chairman, 89 years old and very frail but still has all his marbles. The 'inquest' will take place at the club meeting Wednesday night. Good wishes to the grieving and ailing and to Dave and Is in particular. Bye for now, be back later.

• Like 15

Good morning all.

At the hospital for an ultrasound scan.

Having Internet problems too; my hub has decided that it doesn't like this thread and gives me a discussion server error. Only this thread; can access the rest of rmweb!

Hour long online chat with BTW failed to get anywhere near solving it.

Any ideas anyone?

Best wishes to all in need especially Dave & Is