The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Got your Newfie dictionary packed?

How she goin' my trout?

Off to the land of beer and chocolate. Back Wednesday am. Have a great weekend all.

Dave, give Is a gentle hug from us please.

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Unlike Baz we are forecast a dry day and some dry days to follow. Fingers crossed.

New Oven in place. The old one was in a high level unit too high to use the grill safely so this one is in a different place so I have to swap the cooker circuit over.

If you are in West Somerset with youngsters it is the Thomas weekend on the West Somerset Railway.

Have a good day yourselves

Don

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

Morning all, up early 6.30am for a possible delivery from AO from 7 onwards they said about 7.10 a text to say delivery between 2 and 6 pm.... Still the sun is shining and it is the weekend the job list hasn't got any shorter so I had better crack on. Dave I admire your ability to keep going and supporting Is. Best wishes for those below par.

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Bore da!  ' Morning all from a happy smiley red dragon land.   :sungum:

Apropos of nothing other than I love this Ray Davies song:

G’night, everybody, Pete.

Ooooooh!   Back in the '60s That was my number 1 band .....  :wub:

Still love 'em.... :wub:

Great song!  Thanks for posting...  That'll just get me throuhg the day - if I can get the speeling right.

:wub:

Hope you have a winning day.  Thoughts with Dave and Is and those ailing, grieving, and so forth.

• Like 11

Mornin' all,

Best regards to those that ail

Good to be alive blue sky sunny kick off in The Moorlands.....cycle reassembled yesterday afternoon ready for a circuit of the weekend route....

post-7795-0-69685200-1467444388.jpg

Classic FM playing at Is's bedside....she has had some iced lime juice and melon this morning

Feathered ones provided for

Enjoy what you do

Dave

Edited by Torr Giffard LSWR 1951-71
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Bright and blustery weather at the moment.

I suspect I will be going to see Phil's exhibition later today.

Robbie is fine after his vet visit. We were told he might be a bit subdued for a few days, due to the sedation medication but he seems quite normal, well that is, normal for spaniel.

Tony

• Like 14

Morning all.  3 - 1 , so a happy Welshman in Budapest.  Obviously didn't watch the game, if I had we would have lost; but watched the highlights (in Hungarian) and a couple of brilliant goals (one each end).

Best wishes to Dave & Is.

Mike wore new sandels without socks yesterday, so I'm tasked with confirming whether the brewbups are still open and the nearest public transport, to save walking!

Bill

• Like 1

Morning all.  3 - 1 , so a happy Welshman in Budapest.  Obviously didn't watch the game, if I had we would have lost; but watched the highlights (in Hungarian) and a couple of brilliant goals (one each end).

Best wishes to Dave & Is.

Mike wore new sandels without socks yesterday, so I'm tasked with confirming whether the brewbups are still open and the nearest public transport, to save walking!

Bill

Silly boy!

Best wishes to both.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Morning.

Thinking of Is and Dave, Mick was spot on.

Off to friends in Misterton soon, so will be off line for a few days.

Weather still breezy to windy, and rather cool for the time of year.  Much too cool in fact!

Look after the forum while I'm away.

PS Accidentally bought an 'Exeter'.......mmmm, how am I going to explain that one!

• Like 15

Morning again.

Haven't mention the saga of the braces.  Some things are better left unsaid.

It's Gay Pride in Budapest today.  Two British gentlemen (with 'tashes) won't be involved.  One very hostile, t'other live and let live.  I'll let you guess which is which.

Bill

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone.

I've not had time to eread all of today's posts yet, I'll do that when I get back later.

It's a cold, dull and rainy day, a perfect day for swimming, but it won't bother me though. However, I think the family members that will there watching me, will be as wet as I will by the time I get out of the water! oooooo the sun has just decided to show it's self, things may be getting better.

Back later

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

The neighbours opposite went out in their car a while back - remarkably they actually managed to get back and park in their usual place in front of their house before some cockwomble nicked their parking place.  Oddly people seem prepared to park a mile away from the Regatta action while ignoring the pay car parks nearer the goings on - presumably it allows them extra cash to spend on Pimms and commestibles.  If you happen to like Pimms and other alcoholic beverages next week is the time to come as Tesco will no doubt be reducing prices in order to clear stock - wonder if there'll be any half price chanmpers this year?

Currently sunny, clouds expected later - rain no longer frecast but I've heard that joke before.  We also have Up trains running non-stop (through both intermediate stations) on the branch this year - might be worth a fun ride.

Have a good day one & all.

• Like 13

Morning all. I've managed to drag myself out of bed to find a strange round yellow object in the sky.

Yesterdays travels found far too many varieties of cockwombles.

The round ball games seems to be throwing up some surprises. Well done Wales. Do I now put money on the final being Wales v Iceland?

Dave - My thoughts are constantly with you and Is

Brian - Hope the swim goes well.

Thinking of those ailing, supporting, recovering and missing

• Like 13

Just back from a few days in Pitlochry and read the back pages.

Dave, like everyone else here, am thinking of you and Is at this time - thanks for your morning constitutional pics, too.

On other things constitutional, the Queen just opened the Scottish Parliament; Nicola's speech was very inclusive, very positive, about not wanting Scotland's place in the world diminished. All very West Wing and uplifting.

My grandad wasn't at the Somme but was in some battles from 1916-on. He was the lead rider in the Royal Horse Artillery gunners. Like all the old soldiers, wouldn't speak about it. The back of his neck was scarred from lice. Was Dad's Army Home Guard in Buckinghamshire in the second.

Wales, oh Wales, fantastic! I was supporting England the other night - what a dull commentary from that ITV lot - no praise for Iceland, all doom and gloom at how bad England were. Not so the commentary on BBC R5 or Iceland's tv commentator which were both really excited for Iceland - as I was by the end of the game. Hope that Wales can do the business.

Polly, love the Llangollen railway so thanks for the pics.

Heavy rain earlier but now the sun's shining, shopping to do here.

Have a good day

Mal

edited for spelling - see above post!

Edited by Purley Oaks
  • Like 13

• RMweb Gold

Evening, and Dave and Is are first in my thoughts.

A mixed day down here, some heavy showers when trying to photograph what passes for a train nowadays at Dawlish Warren, then drove to Coleton Fishacre, previously the home of the D'Oyly Cartes near Kingswear.  Probably passed Sherry's front door!  Interesting Arts & Crafts/Art Deco house.  Tight lane to drive a camper up.

Oddly enough, Sherry has conducted me to Coleton Fishacre, but the weather was crap, so the lush gardens were not to be savoured. If you drove through Teignmouth and along the coast through Torquay, you passed Sherry's former marital home at Maidencombe, sold late last year, although she still awaits some of her share of the ackers. Part of the present offer from her feckless ex includes money being brought from Teheran! Her present flat is in Cary Park, Babbacombe/St Marychurch, through which you may also have driven, but the flat is a bit off the main road. This weekend Sherry is at her second residence at Whiddon Down.
  • Like 8

• RMweb Gold

Now sitting in the garden.

I went to the model railway exhibition. As usual a friendly pleasant crowd there. I had a chat with PhilJW who was on "security", checking our wristbands. Ii couldn't stay long as I started to feel unwell an thought I would be better off at home. Though once at home I seem to have recovered enough to respond to queries about the state of he front door. It is now stained and varnished with some Dulux product I found in the garage. Looks nice though.

• RMweb Gold

I mentioned a road accident, possibly involving a tractor. Sadly true. The local paper online confirms a biker died in collision with a tractor. It gets worse. Alison is in the Vendée with her boys and her boyfriend. She has had a text telling her that the father of a friend of a friend of her middle son has been killed on his motorbike. He lived in the next village from me.

PS Accidentally bought an 'Exeter'.......mmmm, how am I going to explain that one!

Good grief Neil, you disappoint me - the OBVIOUS explanation is simple - "...I decided to ONLY buy Exeter, even though getting Okehampton as well was an option..." :O  :jester:

Up early for me today even though it was the weekend, BUT only posting now.

Apparently the Real Estate agent listed our rental yesterday and last evening there was ALREADY a showing arranged for this morning. We had a couple of small items to finish inside and therefore had to rush over early to get them done. Renters are away for the 4th weekend and knowing we may have showings have left the place in an amazing condition - I wanted to buy the place myself when I walked in this morning  :locomotive:

Still have a couple of small issues the Mrs wants us to address so we're back over there for an hour or so this afternoon after the showing - who said a long weekend gives you plenty of time to attempt railway modeling!!!

This evening Trevor will join us for a family dinner, AND our traditional viewing of "1776".

Whilst likely NOT for everyone, and being a musical even more limiting for some, it's something we really enjoy. I can recommend it for being a quite accurate (by all accounts - EXCEPT for the singing of course :) ) portrayal of the birth of a nation and the events leading up to the signing of the Declaration of Independence. It's also entertaining and the cast are very enjoyable in their various roles.

Lovely weather here, 23 and sunny expecting 26 for a high, though due to start increasing in temperatures and humidity over the next few days.

Have a good weekend one and all.

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

Again, best wishes to Dave and Is.

Managed to get caught up and posts all read and rated.  Far too much to comment on individually so as usual it's generic greetings, commiserations, congratulations, and everything else.

Today has been a bit busy, and we've got to module 8 of the course now.  Another 8 to go.

Back tomorrow,

Regards to All

Stewart

• Like 2