The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Interesting Simon. It could be something to do with Gutters/Downpipe as per Tony but I would have expected the builders to have checked that. If it is an old place the roofing felt (if very old there may be no roofing felt) may be perished in places. If there is a slipped tile/slate or one not seating well and rain is getting through to the felt it could be running down and through a perished bit down the cavity.

Don

Don, there are no gutters or downspouts anywhere near, and the builders have checked the slates on the roof while fitting a cap to an old chimney today. If the damp was coming from above, there should be signs of it in the bedroom above the damp room, but there is no damp upstairs. Part of the problem might be the cavity wall insulation which consists of polystyrene balls which were injected Into the cavities in 1985. We may try removing the insulation in the affected area, and see what effect that has.

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Bob - they always seem to be asleep. Are you drugging them? :jester:

No they always kip in the afternoon it's what they must do when their mum & dad are working ( these 2 dogs belong to my daughter who lives around the corner), they are awake all night and morning they crash after a long walk in the local woodland after lunch tell them "BED" and they settle down once they are resting I can get on with things.

Edited by 81C
  • Like 9

Yet another day that went according to plan until coming home. For some reason the traffic from Mitcham into Croydon was at a standstill. I had to re-route through Hackbridge.

In Twickenham today, the cloud base was so low that the aircraft could only be heard. No rain though.

Thinking of those ailing, supporting, recovering and missing

• RMweb Premium

Vote?

One person will be happy in our house on Friday!

It'll be 2-1 or 1-2 depending on your outlook in the NB household. Postal votes done last week.

First prom night parking out of the way - a relatively easy 100 or so.

3 cockwombles that didn't see the 10 or so yellow no waiting bollards so far. No one reached the heady heights of ars£badger though.

Audi 1, Porsche 1, McLaren 1 - I'll be keeping score.

When asked to politely move out of the way, the McLaren driver, who was busy taking pictures of kids posing in front of his car, shrugged it off until I said there's a stretched limo and bus coming that may need a bit more space than you've given them. He moved it 15 seconds later.

200 tomorrow - it'll be more than double the fun.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

• RMweb Premium

Cricket umpired. It rained little but we got through it.

Red kites in abundance over cricket ground.

Impromptu and noisy flypast by an RAF Typhoon. He was building up to go through the sound barrier.

Sleep. Well everyone!

Baz

• Like 16

Sherry and I perceive that educated and informed folk, who have homes overseas within the EU, are by and large for staying. Whether there are enough of them may be the problem.

Aye, there’s the rub, eh?

(It’s always a devil to admit that one is educated and informed, Ian). :tomato:

Best, Pete.

• Like 12

As we were merely on a sighseeing tour of Dartmoor we had no map or compass. Both of which I possess. Nor did we have a whistle. Fortunately we both had mobiles that we could have made noise with even if we couldnt have used the navigation. And the 3 in the car knew within 200 metres where we were.

Roundhouse seems to need a LBrexit.

Don' t forget that tomorrow only the "Stay in EU" voters can cast their vote.

The "OUT" voters can only vote on Friday. This is because too many voters are expected at the polling stations and it gives the "OUT" voters a chance to know how many votes they need to win. Please pass this message on as it has been arranged at short notice.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone.

We didn't go to the Trafford Centre tonight, result. Not much else done, a little eyelid inspection was conducted after tea, nothing untoward was detected.

Happy Anniversary for tomorrow Baz and Mrs Baz

Goodnight all.

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold

Don, there are no gutters or downspouts anywhere near, and the builders have checked the slates on the roof while fitting a cap to an old chimney today. If the damp was coming from above, there should be signs of it in the bedroom above the damp room, but there is no damp upstairs. Part of the problem might be the cavity wall insulation which consists of polystyrene balls which were injected Into the cavities in 1985. We may try removing the insulation in the affected area, and see what effect that has.

Could be that Simon. You live in an area of high rainfall if that wall gets a lot of driving rain the inside of the outer leaf may well be quite wet at times.

Don

• RMweb Premium

Evening all, managed to examine my payslip online and my back pay is finally going to be paid. :sungum: too late for TVNAM but better late than never. Cheered me up no end! I am looking into sorting out my 'incidental' pension if I have half in September then the other half in 2017 then I should avoid higher rate tax.  Best wishes to Dave and Is and anyone ailing, down or dismal.

• Like 2

Morning all.  Perambulated into RMWeb to find it taken over by UKIP advertising.  A PM has been sent to Andy York.  I had an interesting post but, in the circumstances, I'll just say goodnight.

Bill

• Like 1

It's been a pleasant warm. . . low 20s . . day here on the Costa. . .I went to Crimdon for a walk along the beach to cool off. I consider myself lucky as a saw some Arctic Terns nesting. . Shame I left my camera at home.

Has anybody else found Referendum ads on RM Web? . . . I thought there was a "No Politics Policy".

Thoughts with those who are poorly, recovering, and hurting. . . . .And just for tonight, the undecided.

Goodnight everyone. . . .Sleep well.

John

Ps  . . I see I'm not the only one, Bill.

Edited by Two_sugars
  • Like 9

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.  Perambulated into RMWeb to find it taken over by UKIP advertising.  A PM has been sent to Andy York.  I had an interesting post but, in the circumstances, I'll just say goodnight.

Bill

I never really look at the ads - so if I did see any I didn't notice them if you see what I mean.  I'm not sure what the score will be in this household - Mrs Stationmaster is a vehement 'outist' and will be off to the Polling Station for 07.00 on their early turn plus going to the count tomorrow night.  I think laddo might be an 'outer' too (notwithstanding seemingly managing a  mainly Polish labour force - or maybe that's why?), the Good Doctor is keeping her counsel and so am I.  I shall simply take the result as it comes, condemn all politicians as idiots for their behaviour whichever way it goes, and strictly maintain the privacy of my spoilt ballot paper (even if I only spoil it with a cross).

Anyway G'night all and hopefully all is going as they would wish for Dave and Is

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Distant thunder and lightning tonight southwest of us. It is raining gently too.

Matthew told me he is preparing for plan B in case the research in Singapore doesn't get approval. As the university in Utrecht like the project to be outside the Netherlands, he may come home. The Hungarian community in South Essex seems to be a possibility to study.

We are off to Norway in a few weeks so I went and got some Norwegian money from Tesco today. We will need enough to obtain some Trolls.

Tony

• Like 13

Been gorn too long to be able to vote, and to be honest, unless it might thwart Yappy Yamface, I've no idea which way I'd vote if I could :)

We watched the first esipode espicode part of the new Endeavour series last night. We was not impressed.

• Like 1

Morning all. It looks like it was a bit wet last night and if there were any storms, I didn't hear a thing.

I will be voting today but it will have to wait until my return whatever time that may be.

Have a good day everyone

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Still extremely damp on the ground after last night's 3? hourish thunderstorm but the rain has stopped. We didn't get much sleep while that was going on. More promised for today.

The Boss is as usual at work and when I collect her we then have to shop. Whoopee! This is a good thing because beer supplies are dangerously low and we (rather I) can't have that. :no:

There is a possibility of a parcel arriving today so once back indoors I'm not going anywhere.  :locomotive: There may be trouble ahead. :girldevil:  

Have a good one,

Bob.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 4