The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Stunned by my success in descaling the bath mixer tap lever I embarked on my most ambitious diy project yet..... :sungum:

swmbo has been complaining about the squeaking bathroom door latch.  

Armed with nothing more than a can of WD40 I approached the task with vigor.

Lo, after a few squirts of fluid swmbo was satisfied with my endeavours.

She is now able to visit the bathroom without squeaking.  :D

Night oil. 

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Attended a cricket meeting tonight...jeez some absolute garbage spouted but , as it was SUNNY I could watch some crown green bowling going on behind the "leadership" team

NHN - when you think nothing more can go wrong life manages to kick you even harder. Just hope that positive things start to happen for her.

Time for some sleep now as I am somewhat tired and a bit het up about some things which I shouldn't be.

Sleep well all!  Hope the next few days are calm for everyone!

Baz

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone.

Well I hope I don't have another day like today for some time. I spent about an hour at KWIK FIT in Kendal, the waiting was mainly them waiting for authorisation to replace the tyre. Just before 4 my car returned and I was on my way home, a journey which was thankfully uneventful. No problems encountered at all on the motorways and I arrived home just after 5:00. If the sunshine was down to shedman5, he has my utmost thanks. Can you do the same for tomorrow please?

Whilst waiting for the recovery vehicle, I was surprised when a deer suddenly appeared in the road just a few yards from where I was waiting. It looked towards me but was gone before I could get a photo. I was also able to see several RAF jet and propeller type trainers flying above me.

After tea I sat down on the sofa and decided that an eyelid inspection was called for, I should really have gone swimming tonight but I just wasn't up to it, I'll go Thursday instead.

Simon, Mick, Tony, Phil. As I drive a company car, the leasing firm decide what is checked, tested and/or replaced, they don't always listen to the driver, so the wheel is not due to be replaced anytime soon.

Simon Congrats to the both of you on your 35th.

Neil. I do hope that Jaynes dog is able to make a full recovery.

Night all.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Just been out in the back garden observing the full moon. The cloud is very high and thin and there's plenty of breaks in the cloud and with the mackerel cloud in another part of the sky and a few contrails it gives a wonderful effect. Only problem is I have no means of photographing it.

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium

Happy anniversary to Mr & Mrs Simon

Seconded.  Glass raised.

Morning all.  There's a big yellow thing hanging in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't.  Probably not a Vogon constructor ship but I'll just pop outside with my towel in case.  I may be gone some time.

• Like 14

Morning all. It's good to see another British summers day is with us, grey and a good chance of rain.

I slept far to well to the point of not hearing my alarm which doesn't make for a good start.

Have a good day everyone

Morning All,

We have a rather damp morning here - I don't think it is actually raining as I type, but it was a few minutes ago.

It's our wedding anniversary today, but it will be a rather strange day.  Mercedes is away on a business trip, and I am going to a funeral.  A friend of mine has just lost his partner to cancer.

I will be heading into the office later.

Have a good day everyone...

Good morning one and all

It stopped raining just long enough yesterday for a foray into the jungle with a colander in which to place gathered strawberries.  The considerably greater task of hoeing out the weeds will have to wait.  The blasted things grow more quickly than I can extract them irrespective of climatic conditions.  Maybe today, or maybe not.

A salute to the BBC's Nick Robinson this morning.  Last night his TV programme conveyed more coherent information about Thursday's vote in half an hour than all the guff and scaremongering spouted by both sides in the debate over the past several months.  We shall see soon enough how many have made up their minds and will not be swayed by facts.

Today will see a routine fodder run and confirmation that once again I have been unsuccessful in the national lottery.  The world continues to rotate on its axis. I also have correspondence to answer but cannot do this until I have located the correspondence.  Did I ever tell you that I am the untidiest man on the planet?

With the hope that Dave and Is are settled into the routine, best wishes to the ailing, recovering, supporting, grieving, missing and depressed.

Chris 

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

Morning all from a sunny Surrey. This morning my other half has dropped me at Caterham station due to guards strike on Southern. First train off is the one to Vic then the one I am catching to LBG

Morning All,

We have a rather damp morning here - I don't think it is actually raining as I type, but it was a few minutes ago.

It's our wedding anniversary today, but it will be a rather strange day.  Mercedes is away on a business trip, and I am going to a funeral.  A friend of mine has just lost his partner to cancer.

I will be heading into the office later.

Have a good day everyone...

post-1557-0-07874800-1466487145_thumb.jpg

post-1557-0-21946300-1466487154_thumb.jpg

post-1557-0-56337700-1466487162_thumb.jpg

post-1557-0-98805700-1466487172_thumb.jpg

post-1557-0-67824900-1466487184_thumb.jpg

post-1557-0-98633600-1466487193_thumb.jpg

post-1557-0-10325000-1466487246_thumb.jpg

• Like 16

Morning all from a sunny Surrey. This morning my other half has dropped me at Caterham station due to guards strike on Southern. First train off is the one to Vic then the one I am catching to LBG

Gordon Bennett!

The punter reading his paper needs a lesson in sartorial acceptability. Tan shoes and a blue suit? Talk about gauche.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Morning all somewhat drier today.

I see ChrisF cannot resist the R topic. This is not the place to discuss it. However I have never been impressed with Nick Robinson as an interviewer

Congratulations to Robert and Mercedes

Don

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning.  Jayne and dog off to doggy hospital in Merseyside this morning, lets hope they can help.  Losing two dogs in a fortnight isn't on.  Maybe they can help Jayne too!

Congrats belatedly to Simon and Mrs Simon, missed you yesterday, sorry, and Robert and Mercedes today - hopefully you will get to celebrate at the weekend.

I doubt Chris's claim to be the world's untidiest man - I am assured it is me, and I wouldn't deny it!

• Like 2