The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone. Just caught up with today's posts.

Dave. Glad that Is seems to be improving.

John. Glad that your FiL also seems improving too.

Debs. Glad to see you back.

Off to bed now as I'm knackered.

Goodnight all

• Like 1

Good to see a post from Debs today, and glad that you're feeling well.

Todays weather has been dry and sunny, then cloudy, and BRRRRRRRRR!

Thinking of the poorly, recovering, and hurting.

Goodnight everyone . . .sleep well.

John

• Like 3

Morning all. An easy day planned with only having to go to Barking. At least the tunnel is open and hopefully most people will avoid it after yesterday.

Dave - At least there is some good news about Is. Lets hope that the results of the scan on Friday are good news.

More caffeine to infuse.

Have a good day everyone

Good morning one and all.  Without wishing to tempt providence it does seem that there is some encouraging news about and glad I am of it.

I managed to forget an anniversary on Sunday.  Gosh, it is now just over a year since I drove to Plymouth and back to attend the celebration of my late cousin's life.  It was a comfort then and now to realise just how well loved he was.  Today I will be at Cambridge beer festival and will raise a glass to him.

After yesterday's bout of food preparation, ready for tomorrow's visit to Poorly Pal, my fridge stinks of garlic.  The things I do for my friends!

Ongoing best wishes to the ailing, recovering, supporting, grieving, missing and depressed.

Chris 

• Like 2

Morning All,

We have a rather grey and gloomy morning here - but apparently it is set to improve over the long weekend which starts tomorrow.

Nice to see Debs back.

Not a lot else to report, so have a good day everyone...

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Grey and potentially raing here all day ..pah!

Dr Herbert's birthday today. I have to take him into town and buy him a suit. Sounds easy? Well at 6'4" with a 28" waists it won't be easy but it will be done.

Positive thoughts go out to everyone.

Baz

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

I might have tried...

"Hang about. I'll just consult the project plan." (Fumbles around in MS Project for five minutes.)

"Nope. Can't seem to find that anywhere. Sorry. Have you talked to the Project Manager?"

I would imagine there are no signed off specs for the reports they want

Andy,

Re: the options;

1) We don't really have one, they simply come down to me and add the next slew of carp onto the never ending list I hold for them, or expect I've already created something the informed me of by TELEPATHY!!! :butcher:  :O

2) He was/is sitting here and, as has been the situation since day one, he's about as useful as mammaries on the proverbial turtle! :jester: "oh have Ian add it to the list..." <grrr>

I assume you haven't any proper specs for the report so first thing would be to ask them for one to be signed off by the heads of all departments. If they are as well organised as you suggest that should take them some time!

If the the project manager has no plan with items to be delivered and delivery dates which you have signed up to and agreed refer it to him should brighten his day. When working as a PM my boss had given me more projects than I could reasonably manage so I asked him what was the priorities. His response was you have to manage the priorities. I said that's OK I decided which gets done and which gets postponed. That completely foxed him he couldn't refute the logic someone had to decide priorities he was just hoping I could manage it all whereas it was obvious something had to give.

If you are using a decent database with suitable tools could you just extract the raw data needed and offer to dump it into something for them to tailor.

Don

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from a rather grey village north of Ikea, no rain yet but plenty has been forecast by the lovely Carol.

I got various things done yesterday including several important phone calls and the ironing then spent the afternoon sitting outside the shed door wiring relays. The forecast rain will put paid to that today.

The boss set off early so that cats and I have had a quiet breakfast. I'm not sure what is on the agenda today but will attempt to do some modelling or might even try tidying and rearranging my modelling room.

Dave (TG) glad to hear that the news re Is is a bit better.

Anyway this evening I'll be visiting Tony again and will probably take the laptop and show him some videos before going down to the club to do a bit of layout work.

Regards to all.

Jamie

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Recycling bags and crates outside already. Tea made. The sky is rather cloudy and forecast to remain so until it rains this afternoon. Not a lot planned for today. A toy train will be delivered some time today but it won't fit on my railway, it is a birthday present for a one year old.

No other excitements today. We had a chat with our bank manager yesterday. It went well. He had opened a new saving account for us. The next day our online banking access was asking for a 10 digit number to be entered although the phone app was fine. After a couple of phone calls we got through to a really helpful woman who explained what had happened and it was as I thought. The new account required online banking to be set up but the team responsible for the account hadn't seemed to think about those who already were using it.

Tony

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 1

All went incredibly well on my tour of Crystal Peaks yesterday. Nabbed the last USB interface from Maplins. Got a new SIM for me phone and made an appointment for next Wednesday at the opticians.

Where to start ...

Got home quite happy then sat down to put the opticians appointment in my diary. It's not for next week, it's for today.

Played with USB interface for about 5 hours to no avail, the damned thing doesn't work. No amount of drivers or cajoling would make anything happen.

And as of this morning my number still hasn't transferred to the new SIM making my phone, for the present, absolutely useless. Mum can't ring me on it and if I ring her the call blocker will treat me just like a nuisance caller and she won't answer.

So, today I shall be going back to return one USB interface, give the folks at the EE shop a piece of my mind and have my eyes tested, not neccesarily in that order.

Mrs HB says I live a charmed life. <expletive deleted> It's a good job I don't take little things like this seriously or to heart. I think that when I've done today I may call at the local hostelry for a pint of their finest falling down water on the way home.

Thoughts to all those ailing.

my fridge stinks of garlic. 

Should at least prevent any vampires taking up residence behind the butter dish, which reminds me of the one about two nuns, a Morris Minor and a diminutive vampire, but it's not really appropriate for this thread  :)

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Should at least prevent any vampires taking up residence behind the butter dish, which reminds me of the one about two nuns, a Morris Minor and a diminutive vampire, but it's not really appropriate for this thread  :)

Don't mention Morris Minors I have a true story about one involving wrinkled stockings and a lady who looked and sounded like dick Emery's 'Miss' but again it's before the watershed.

Jamie

• RMweb Gold

Dave (Heeley Bridge) . Is your PC using Windows 8? The default for Windows 8 does not accept "unsigned" drivers. Initially this certainly confused my PC into not accepting the drivers for my Sprog USB device. I had to change the security settings on my pc. The settings survived the upgrade to win 8.1 and 10. Of course it could be a dead interface as you suspect!

Don't mention Morris Minors I have a true story about one involving wrinkled stockings and a lady who looked and sounded like dick Emery's 'Miss' but again it's before the watershed.Jamie

Was it the one involving high heels piercing the soft top?

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Morning All

Dave - good news about Is.  Hope the next scan brings more of the same.

Generic greetings to everybody else - posts read and rated.

Dull here, and running late as a neighbour's dog had bolted, and was being pursued around the village.  I went looking, at 30747's request, but couldn't find dog or neighbour, so went to his house to find that all was well - should, of course, have gone there first!

Trip to town calls, as a few items of shopping needed again.  May be absent for much of tomorrow as car has to go back to the main dealer due to an ongoing problem with the radio which the local garage can'r deal with as it's a Clarion made specially for Peugeot.

Try to look in later.

Regards to All

Stewart

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from an overcast 'ampshire.

The new portable dvd players arrived yesterday. There was a price reduction because the box was damaged / ex display. The invoice says they gave us a free upgrade to a more impressive model. Not sure how that works but thanks very much. The remote controllers alone have more features than the car they will go in and pressing buttons should keep the children happy. 

Interestingly the means of attachment to the driver's seat is by a buckle and strap arrangement, rather than the overly complex plastic brackets of the last model which allowed the screens to sag and broke after not many outings. This leaves a rag-tag bag of plastic brackets and fixings that by rights should have gone in the bin. Hold on, wasn't I looking for a means of securing my DCC controller to the layout? Ah-ha. With the aid of a piece of Velcro a solution has emerged. Fab.

Anyway, not much planned for today. Have a good one everybody.  

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Great to see Debs back again though she has been on Facebook quite often, commenting on a pic I posted showing some of the pitfalls of home design, you could say keeping abreast of things. :rolleyes:  Like Daves pics of the scarecrows but it looks as if someones been stealing from my wardrobe but I wish they wouldn't keep taking the best stuff.

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 13