The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

A bit cloudy but pleasantly warm.

I am taking Robbie round to the vets for another blood test today. If I survive I will report back later.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from the land of the estuary. Fingers crossed for Is and Dave and Johns FiL and any others ailing or missing or otherwise indisposed. Bright and sunny here at the moment so a toddle into town beckons, also to stock up on supplies. Thats it for now, be back later.

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Morning All

Started off chilly this morning.

irst off, hope that the MRI result shows some facts which will move things forward for Is.

John - likewise, hope that FIL is on the mend.

Dom - love these holiday snaps - you're taking a risk posting so much r*alw*y stuff, as she might just be looking.  

Generic greetings to everybody else.

Plans today have changed a bit.  30747 had arranged to go to the hairdresser this afternoon, and I was going into town to pick her up, but a phone call this morning has changed things as her hairdresser called in sick.  We have an order due to collect in Argos, and I had planned to get that at the same time.  However, I now will need to change things, and go in this morning.  However, that can't happen until the washing machine has stopped - two hour cycle started at eight.  I don't like to leave Lily in the kitchen while it's running as it drives her mad.  Also, it has a tendency to fail to spin on occasion due to an imbalance, and I don't want to come home to it still trying.  So a trip out soon and 30747 will get the bus home.

May try to  check in again later.

Regards to All

Stewart

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

Yesterday's fine weather ensured gardening work was carried out.

This was not too frantic, the majority being carried out at a gentle pace.

Yet another trip to the recycling centre was made. 

I was able to do more work on the curved bridge for the garden railway yesterday evening:  Only stopping when the light finally faded.

The fine weather continues, so this morning will see a bit more work on the bridge, and if the clamps and glue have done their job, the curve in the timber will stay in place.

I can then pin and screw various bits to prevent the possibility of it shearing apart. Then I can start on the other side and repeat the process. 

With luck I may be able to start putting on the decking tomorrow.

This afternoon will see me at the opticians for my annual eye test, which means I have to get clean and tidy. 

One does not go there straight from a wallow dripping mud and other unmentionables on the floor and seating.

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

I see om has ensured his photos are litter free as usual. Dom, you missed some graffiti though. 

Tasked with washing some cushion covers today I inspected the tools of the trade and elected to do some washing machine maintenance first.

A pleasant half hour scrapping "biological" off the door seal, bleaching the hell out of it and now embarking on the soda crystal and vinegar cycles. Could take time!

No doubt swmbo will come home, look at the pile of cushion covers and say...."You had one job...."

I've also been tasked with purchasing a second coach for my layout. A bit of research needed to work out what would go with a green Bulleid BR (S) BCK as the next part of making up a rake. Answers on a postcard, or here if you have the answer. :) 

Planting out some more veg later. 

• Like 14

I've also been tasked with purchasing a second coach for my layout. A bit of research needed to work out what would go with a green Bulleid BR (S) BCK as the next part of making up a rake. Answers on a postcard, or here if you have the answer. :)

Andy, there are two varieties of Bulleid BCK. The ones with the lavatory in the middle always ran as singletons (providing through services to Seaton, Sidmouth etc. off the ACE). Those with the lavatory at the end ran with a Brake Third as a two coach set. You need to get the same depth of window vent. Initially provided the same service as the singletons but to larger towns (Swanage off the Royal Wessex) but later in life were relegated to the branch set as wooden underframed coaches were condemned.

Other Bulleid sets were three coach (Bk 3rd - Comp - Bk 3rd), four coach (Bk 3rd - 3rd - Comp - Bk 3rd) and the six coach Bournemouth dining sets. There were three varieties of coaches: small vents, Birmingham and large vents and these weren't mixed (unlike in preservation).

Bill

• Like 3

"Them that asks no questions isn’t told a lie.

Watch the wall, my darling, while the Gentlemen go by.”

Inspired by a comment by Dick, above....

From a Generic poster.

Edited by trisonic
  • Like 11

• RMweb Gold

Back from the vets. Robbie made no fuss at all about the blood test, and didn't even twitch when the needle went in. So the vet decided the attempt to administer the nasal spray for kennel cough could go ahead.

This went well too. The vet and nurse working there today were very good. Hopefully the blood test will not reveal anything too nasty. Robbie certainly seems well and is very active considering that some dogs of his age are getting a bit slow! I can't keep up with him anyway!

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 18

Thanks for the Dublin pics, Dom.

At least our skin's waterproof, Rick, but hope it stays dry for you.

Hopefully this Helium Beer link will make you laugh... https://www.facebook.com/chefs247/videos/1149250718441625/?comment_id=530572537145036&comment_tracking={%22tn%22%3A%22R1%22}

Sun's out here, going for walk soon

Hope your day is good and hoping for good news from Is

Mal

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold

I would check what data there is - loads! - on the SEmG website. Click on prototype features, then Bulleid Coaches. This is just a one-pager, but about halfway down is a link to a database of set numbers and compositions. This may help.

• RMweb Gold

I knew a girl who lived in Maidencombe - but as she has three kids she's no maiden! By the time I married her she'd moved slightly down-market to Babbacombe, albeit smart Cary Park. I hope she'll appear here next Monday.

But what about the new, er, immobile home - is that back upcombe or further downcombe?

• Like 1

Thoughts with Dave and Is, hope for bearable news.

Ta da... thought I'd make an entrance!

Tuesday and all's well on Long Island - best I can tell anyway on the brief sojourns from the dungeon to the hotel and back.

Overall uneventful yesterday as it always is here, BUT, for those in the same business as me - surprise, surprise - yesterday I was confronted by an advanced party of hostiles (from the finance department).

Curious as to "...when the departmental financials and budget reports would be ready for dept. heads to have access on a dashboard..." they questioned.

Hhmmmm, "when are they needed by?" says I (oblivious to the concern on their faces and the tone of the questioning).

"Month end after we close the period" was the response.

"OK - I'll try and get those to the upper end of the (very LONG) priority list"...

"Well, we've closed April, so they would need them by THIS FRIDAY!"

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" - I considered jumping off the roof, but as it's only a two story building I'd just be stuck in the SAME hospital I'm working at! :O  :jester:

Apparently, no-one mentioned these being needed ASAP/at go live when we addressed the various priorities, way back - cue the "...what a bunch of cockwombles..." chorus.

Considered calling in sick today (see episode above for reasoning), but again, they'd probably just come medicate me at the hotel and drag me back to the hospital! :scratchhead:

15 and moderate rain here, expected to rain most of the day, clearing early evening.

Fortunately the basement only takes on water in a hurricane :O (Sandy managed to have the basement I'm sitting in 3 ft. deep with water apparently!)

Hope the day goes well for everyone.

I knew a girl who lived in Maidencombe - but as she has three kids she's no maiden! By the time I married her she'd moved slightly down-market to Babbacombe, albeit smart Cary Park. I hope she'll appear here next Monday.

For the second time in less than a year, I'm away from Babbacombe and another drama unfolds:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-36353307

Apparently, the poor young woman (aged 30) took her own life.....

• RMweb Premium

Yes! :nono:

....... :mosking:

Debs - love the new avatar, and I see it is also your new FB photo.  You really are looking great, and clearly are now on the right side of all the procedures.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

For the second time in less than a year, I'm away from Babbacombe ...

Wherever my brother went to work in sunnier climes there seemed to be an uprising, revolution or other forms of unpleasantness. People became very suspicious and asked for whom he worked.

• Like 3