The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Latest FIL update - May be on ICU for another 24 hours - he could be transferred to another ward but as they don't need the space they're keeping him - and then maybe by the end of the week back to the stroke ward of the original hospital. Then maybe 2-3 weeks there then to a rehab unit. Couple of months in all.

That's if all goes well - and the operation was, according to the surgeon, textbook.

So we're not out of the woods by any means but the outlook is good.

We cannot fault the care given to him by the NHS at all levels. I have posted some more political comments on Facebook which some of you have seen but don't want to break forum rules here.

Once again - thanks for your support - it supports us all.

Edited by Coombe Barton
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Sherry's new weekend pad!

Room for a little something in N (or 009) or if space is at a premium, perhaps Z?

Is this available to rent for RMWebbers at mate's rates when not in occupation by the Sherry/Dudders partnership?

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium

As it's twenty years since we lost out JRT, I'd forgotten what it's like to be walked by one

And then Kerry found so matured fox poo!

And the small dog watered EVERY tree

Ah yes, you do forget how much fun walking a dog can be - ask Tony as well.

BTW dog owners beware of problems with a toxic algae which has claimed the lives of several dogs so far who have drunk from and/or swum in ponds which are affected by this substance.  Three in Kent, and three in Yorkshire.

• RMweb Gold

Breakfasted

Gardened (Only slightly)

Elevensesed?

Lunched

Rugbied?

Footballed (not impressed)

Prided

Wined

Dined

Wined Again

Might wine again in a minute

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 16

• RMweb Premium

I don't suppose there are many railways where you can ride behind the loco that opened the line 120 years previously.  Having showered and eaten I still am absolutely wiped out, that was one of the busiest days I have done as Guard.  No THE busiest, I'm sure.

Beer might help, perchance.  Hobgoblin, GDB ill be pleased to know!

• Like 7

Busy in Leeds today. Strimming son's grass, then lunch at a pub in Headingley, a walk in Golden Acre Park ( it rained), then a walk round Kirkstall Abbey (it rained some more), then back for more grass strimming.

• Like 18

Sitting in a field near Caernarfon after a relaxing sunny day here. The farm has free range hens and it is sometimes hard to make out if they are the dumbest birds on the planet or putting on an act whilst humans are watching. Four of them came pecking around the motorhome and I thought it would be a good idea to lift a nearby sheet of plastic to reveal worms and insects underneath. I did this carefully in case there was a surprise adder underneath. There were at least four worms visible plus other assorted beetles and grubs; the nearest chicken grabbed one and started running up the field with it, closely followed by the other hens that had completely ignored the food that was waiting to be picked up.  

Never mind, another good day is forecast for tomorrow and a ride on the Ffestiniog is on the cards. Stay safe all.

• Like 18

Monday week is Memorial Day in the US which marks the start of the Summer vacation season. Meanwhile, it hasn't stopped raining here since yesterday and I've had to put some heat on in the house. There's a Winter weather advisory in Montana with snow expected above 5,500 feet.

It's been a while, but I was able to go skiing at the Idaho/Montana border on Memorial Day on one occasion. Mind you, it's just as likely to be 25C next weekend.

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

Journey to vernon carus went well. Our game was on their 3rd XI pitch as a Lancashire Cup match was on the big pitch. The umpires of that game decided the young Scorer was an idiot. Being me, ahem, I asked if I could look in her score book. It was very neat and tidy so I made sure the two umpires realised their mistake. Suggested she could do a level 1 course with her eyes closed. What a pair of Muppets.

Wrenthorpe won by 8 wickets in a rain affected, reduced overs game.

Will sleep well tonight but first I need a drink.

Ta ta for now

Baz

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Here is todays crew, you 'umble scribe second from left.  We were all told to look miserable as folk always look that way in the old photos.

Not difficult for some of us.

Anyway we've dined and wined then counted the Christian Aid money, over £200 from the 3 streets that our church did, so I'm quite pleased with the end result. The boss has a G & T and I've got a bit of Highland Medicine to relax with.

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 17

• RMweb Gold

Up at 6am working on a loco in the conservatory then out in the garage with door open. Wiring fascia panels sanding etc to the extended Fort Myers boards. Finished about 8pm and came in to watch a bit of Rochelle webcam. My other half has been watching numerous recorded TV programmes.

So no gardening or car washing that I had planned as it kept on threatening to rain.

So now a bit of time on the PC before zzzs

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 17

Evenin' all,

Is is still bright and enjoyed the fresh fruit which I took for her. She chatted away with the 3 of us as well as others on the ward/the staff. We now await the results of the latest MRI scan.....if an operation is required then OK....but if chemo is required then I think that the answer will be no and that she will then be sent home.

Fingers crossed

Dave