The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

I will shout louder!

Internet playing up. Bendolinos not very good for data transmission

Anyway the Red Willow Wreckless is going down nicely as we tilt through the countryside

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 7

For once I had a day that went to plan including POE. The traffic didn't allow me to get home early though. It's all bound to go wrong next week.

I think that I also experienced all 4 seasons while I was out and about today. Roll on the summer for more of it.

Dick - I think that you've chosen the best option.

A trip to Gaugemaster fist thing in the morning for a few missing items before I attack the layout over the weekend.

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

No it's a regular Red Willow as had this before. They did do a tilting ale or something similar

I can tilt after enough "ale".................

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

Reporting in from Tyndrum Lower.  Awful drive up as far as Beattock, and it was fine from then on!  Despite the forecast of cats and dogs plus snow and howling gales, it is only breezy here and it was a lovely sunny evening!  Snow on the hills but none down here.  Apparently yesterday was a blizzard.

Cream crakered now.  Duechars IPA in the pub was OK, no other beers on to try, but ten types of lager.  In Tyndrum?  Pop.12 1/2?  Ah well.  On up to Fort William and then Strontian tomorrow, then over to Mull.  I hope to get a look at Glenfinnan viaduct on the way.

• Like 15

Good evening all.

Another POTS day nearing its end; somewhat unsuccessful as I don't seem to have upset anyone (to the best of my knowledge) yet!

I made double figures a couple of weekends ago!

That's a new one on me; double whiskey, double Southern Comfort, double Pernod, but not heard of a double figures before. How's it mixed?

Wishes to all as usual

Have a good weekend and g'night!

• Like 2

Reporting in from Tyndrum Lower. Awful drive up as far as Beattock, and it was fine from then on! Despite the forecast of cats and dogs plus snow and howling gales, it is only breezy here and it was a lovely sunny evening! Snow on the hills but none down here. Apparently yesterday was a blizzard.

Cream crakered now. Duechars IPA in the pub was OK, no other beers on to try, but ten types of lager. In Tyndrum? Pop.12 1/2? Ah well. On up to Fort William and then Strontian tomorrow, then over to Mull. I hope to get a look at Glenfinnan viaduct on the way.

Neil, enjoy! I'll be following in your footsteps part of the way tomorrow. Heading up to Drumnadrochit via Glencoe and Aonach Mor.

Glenfinnan's a little out of your way for Strontian but it is possible, though the road around that side of Loch Linnhe is narrow and slow. The Glenfinnan monument is I think covered in scaffolding at the moment as it's developed Pisa envy but you should see the viaduct ok. I seem to remember that there's an ex-LNER camping coach in Glenfinnan station. The advantage with taking that route is that you avoid paying for the Corran ferry! Strontian's pretty, I've stayed there on a couple of occasions - watch out for pine martens. I've seen one just the far side of the main village dashing up a drive.

Been giving the GF a quick lesson in pre-decimalisation currency. She's fallen asleep. I suspect the two things are connected. To my amazement, RBS still prints £1 notes though I've not seen one for a number of years. I remember regularly using florins and shillings, and ha'pennies, which were withdrawn when I was 7.

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone. On my way home from work today I decided to take a detour, via Altrinbham, so I could call in at Waltons, to pick up one or two bits and pieces. This was followed by a call in to Homebase for yet more bits and pieces, but these are required for the big DIY project that will start tomorrow.

This afternoon with it being a Friday, our 3 youngest grandchildren came round. They have all now been fed, watered and returned home. Afterwards, despite feeling a little tired I still managed an evening at the pool, and tonight I completed my first sub 40 minute mile, a time that even I'm flabbergasted me! So much so, that when I got home I had a celebratory drink of tequila, with a large dash of orange juice. I'm now bucking follocksed, so it's off to bed.

Goodnight all.

• Like 12

No signs of Ian (O/D) or Sherry (Ashcombe) for a couple of Days now, hope they are coping o.k.

I think they were off on a grand tour of western England visiting relatives so I don't think there's any reason to be concerned! Probably just finding time to check in is difficult given the exhausting nature of seeing family...

• RMweb Premium

I think they were off on a grand tour of western England visiting relatives so I don't think there's any reason to be concerned! Probably just finding time to check in is difficult given the exhausting nature of seeing family...

If it's raining and the string gets wet, then the internet connection may be a bit dodgy.................................

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 2