The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Our milkman is very good round 'ere.

Even in the ice and snow he runs down our drive at 1 in the morning to deliver our milk!

Well, its been a hectic few weeks with loads of stuff going on and school work also occupying my mind, but I'm back. Hello! laugh.gif

Today after weeks of preparation I took my driving theory test and I PASSED with 49 mins to spare! 50 out of 50 for multiple choice, 53 out of 75 for hazard perception. I'm one happy chap! biggrin.gif

Guest Max Stafford

Morning All

Dave - seems a good plan for making sure you don't do the extra shifts - but won't "they" suss it out if you've had a drink every time they call you?

Regards to all

Stewart

What I do in my own time is my own business, Stewart. Time they realised that! ;)

Dave.

• RMweb Gold

The gentleman who nearly drove into me this morning didn't initially suggest he was a hazard to me. I wonder if the theory test has a "what to do" if someone indicates they are going to let you out into the flow of traffic and then drives straight at you. Being a charitable person I assumed his foot slipped.

• RMweb Premium

Take care out there, Jam - you're going to miss one in three hazards

I think you are being a little pessemistic there DD at the moment Jam might miss 1 in 3 hazards but as an ex-cyclist I think Jam is going to be a much better driver than a lot of other young people.

• RMweb Gold

Thank Guys, appreciate it!

Ex-cyclist? Just because I will be able to drive hopefully within the next 3 months doesn't mean I will take the car wink.gif After all, why make a 2.5mile journey (1 mile shorter by road) by car when you can just as easily cycle there.

Although I completely understand most of the comments were TIC, getting 53/75 doesn't mean I missed some of the hazards - it just means that I either spotted them before the computer did, or I was a little late in clicking. laugh.gif

I would be worried if I missed one completely though.

The hazard perception is a funny test if I'm honest. The main flaw being that you can't see out of the side windows nor mirrors only from above the car looking forward.

PhilH - apologies if I have completely missed this, but what is this new project? Looks a good start already, and I'm guessing it's HO looking at the stock in the industrial building. A nice space you have too.

Morning All,

Congratulations on passing your theory test Jam. Excellent news! Makes me feel very old though - there was no theory test when I passed my driving test, or parallel parking. That came in later. We had to do emergency stop, turn in the road and reverse round a corner.

I rather lament the loss of the milkman in many places. However, I am not surprised. My parents used to get their milk delivered, but then they started getting the wrong milk, charged incorrectly or worst of all he didn't deliver until around three in the afternoon. By that time, the milk had been on the float all day and was sometimes off. It infuriated one of their neighbours so much that she was heard (in a very loud voice) to tell him where he could stick his milk.

I believe there is still a milkman in the village - but he now has a very much smaller round.

The weather is a little damp this morning. Drizzling gently when I drove to work - it has yet to get light.

Have a good day everyone...

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Well done, Jam, and good luck for the practical test! :) I don't remember my result on the theoretical one, but the practical test I passed on the first attempt.

Now for some coffee and then it'll be making a list for things to be done today! Courses will start on the 18th and I'll check back if any of the course descriptions say I should read something or other in preparation.

Later... :)

Morning all, another day at the office <_<

PhilH - Bodge City looks interesting, keep up the good work.

Jam - Well done on the driving test, all i can say is the driving test is much better than when i took mine in 1986!

Well i'm off to the station now to catch my train to work, looks pretty dark out there...................

Morning all..:)

I'm all golfed out. What a brilliant few days of competition.

Congratulations Jam on getting through the theory element of yout test and good luck with the test itself. I guess you will be on the new test where you have to find somewhere just by following the signs. Seems like a good idea, although they say you can't fail by getting lost as they're actually testing your awareness of being in the right lane at the right time.

Bodge City is looking great Phil. I guess that is one of your bedrooms. Either that or your loft is pretty plush...

I'll get the Big Boys ready and on call for the next play day....B)

I see the pier in my former home town has gone up in smoke overnight. :(

I have rather an affection for piers - they seem to be symbolic of urban grot these days, and reflect a wonderful aura of an era past. However, an awful lot have gone up in smoke in recent years. First Brighton West pier, then Weston-Super-Mare and now Hastings. Seems rather a lot to be a conincidence <_<

Good grief.

Gordon at this time.

That's a rarity these days.

Did you wet the bed or something?

Morning all.

Cheeky b*gger...:D

One of the other forums I frequent is a football management one, which has numerous Google powered banner ads. Those clever guys at Google are obviously picking up data on ages etc of the forum members, as all I keep seeing are ads from a pharmaceutical company headed 'erectile disfunction?' on my home page.....

Just what you need to start your day...

• RMweb Gold

Cheeky b*gger...:D

One of the other forums I frequent is a football management one, which has numerous Google powered banner ads. Those clever guys at Google are obviously picking up data on ages etc of the forum members, as all I keep seeing are ads from a pharmaceutical company headed 'erectile disfunction?' on my home page.....

Just what you need to start your day...

What, the ad or an erectile disfunction?

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Grey one. 'tis a "working" day. Get the kettle on Mr H.

What's all this about Gordon, ED and a Big Boy?

Congrats Jam. If I'd taken a hazard perception test at 17 they would have torn my license up straight away and the car repair and insurance businesses would have missed out on a lot of income!

Cheers

Dave

I fall into the too old to have sat a theory test category too! Been licensed to drive for 16 years now. Think I've racked up about 160,000 miles in that time. That's six times round the earth, and I've never driven south of Leicester, north of Wick, west of Ardnamurchan Point or east of Grimsby!

• RMweb Gold

I fall into the too old to have sat a theory test category too! Been licensed to drive for 16 years now. Think I've racked up about 160,000 miles in that time. That's six times round the earth, and I've never driven south of Leicester, north of Wick, west of Ardnamurchan Point or east of Grimsby!

Perhaps you should replace the map with one that doesn't say "Here be Dragons".