The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Creepy story about your friends from Canada, DD. Occasionally these coincidences come up in life and you have to wonder if a guardian angel is looking after you.

Absolutely - I missed the story when I skimmed through the posts this morning.

A friend of my Mum was in a similar situation. On her way to work one morning she cursed the fact that she had arrived at the tube for her usual train, just as the doors were closing. That was the train that crashed in Moorgate station.

Evening all!

Popped across to Bonnybridge today for the show so saw Jamie operating Culreoch and MRDBlue17 (Mark who has the Rannoch Moor thread) who was whittling away at some Wills sheets on the DEMU stand.

Some good layouts there (some of which I'd seen before at other shows - I think the Museum of Transport one I've seen twice before - at Glasgow or York and Pickering). Culreoch was operating well for Jamie after a few teething troubles yesterday.

Did very well to leave with only spending £3.55 at the trade stands (bought a pack of Kadees) and a pound at the raffle! :D Was surprised to see the packaging of the new Hornby L1 is the same size as that for an A4 or other long loco. Seems like a waste of packaging to me...

Guest Max Stafford

I know what you mean about the packaging Mike, I suppose it's primary purpose is to get the model from China in one piece (or as near as dammit!) :lol:

These days, I decant new Hornby and Bachmann locos into my own boxes and place the originals in store to await the next policy change... :rolleyes:

Anyway good morning chaps. I'm starting at 5 today. I went to bed before 9, but I've been waking up every 15-20 minutes since midnight, so I've given it up as a bad lot and I'm going for my second cuppa now. That didn't seem like a weekend off at all and the cheeky b*ggers even phoned me on Saturday at 9PM to see if I'd go in for a night shift! As I'd already had half a bottle of wine that issue was settled and I will now make it official policy to drink every evening when I'm not at work! ;)

Have a Happy Monday and don't let them twist your melon, man!

Dave.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Quite dark outside, but cold it is not - we're actually supposed to get some 21° today :blink: . Think I'll prepare some breakfast now...

That didn't seem like a weekend off at all and the cheeky b*ggers even phoned me on Saturday at 9PM to see if I'd go in for a night shift! As I'd already had half a bottle of wine that issue was settled and I will now make it official policy to drink every evening when I'm not at work! ;)

Given the circumstances, that sounds like a good strategy, Dave :D .

Morning All,

As Dominik said, it is quite warm around here for the time of year. Too warm in fact - I have switched my central heating over to "Winter" mode, and had to switch it back to "Summer" mode again this morning as there was no hot water :angry:

I'm sitting here in the office with the day slowly dawning and wondering what happened to the weekend!

Have a good day everyone...

• RMweb Gold

Hello.

Drizzle at dawn has turned into proper rain here. It is very quiet this morning. My wife left home earlier than usual as she expects road traffic to be heavy today (no tube service in London), Robbie is in kennels (collecting him later this morning) and Matthew is in Leicester. Matthew seems quite content so far. He has a room with "en-suite" and a kitchen/diner that he shares with 4 other first year students. The kitchen doesn't have a proper oven as they are in a "catered" hall of residence but the refrigerator seems big enough for their beer supplies (they investigated the local ASDA on Saturday).

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Morning All

Not a lot to report here - being stuck indoors for 95% of the time is getting boring - so much so that I'm actually looking forward to getting a lift to the Doctors later this week to get my flu jab!

Fairly bright here today, and realtively warm - difficult to know how best to set the heating as whatever we do seems to be wrong -- leave it on, it's too warm - leave it off, it's too cold.

Tony - glad Matthew is getting settled.

Dave - seems a good plan for making sure you don't do the extra shifts - but won't "they" suss it out if you've had a drink every time they call you?

Pleased to hear that Culreoch was working well for Jamie.

Regards to all

Stewart

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Monday again then. Are they getting closer together somehow? No meetings or phone calls in the diary so it'll be working from home again most of this week. I have the excitement of updating the documentation for the project I have been babysitting for the last two years which still looks to be going nowhere. The management have suddenly realised that when I walk out the door in 6 months time they will have nobody with any knowledge of the thing! Nothing like a bit of foresight.

Have a good one all.

Cheers

Dave

Is there something 'catching' in that Golf game?

I watched the highlights and it seemed whenever someone buried the ball in a bunker or explored the outer reaches, their partner did the same.

That water seemed very attractive to some of the players.

Morning all!

These Mondays are definitely getting closer together. Fingers crossed I'll be keeping an eye on the Ryder Cup singles on BBC Sport website while I'm at work today. Thankfully no meetings are scheduled and the person I manage is off on leave most of this week so I won't be asked questions at crucial moments...! :D

• RMweb Premium

Beautiful weather with lots of sunshine right now :) . Feels good indeed after all that rain and fog we've been having recently. Now for a cup of coffee and then I'll need to clean out our rabbits' enclosure. I wish there were a way of doing this without disturbing them, as they're mostly resting during the day and are most active in the morning and evening.

• RMweb Premium

1216 025:

When you sign a note for the Milkman, do you get an incredible number of bottles left?

We don't have any milkmen over here, actually - but I suppose what you described should not happen :blink: .

• RMweb Premium

Mill on the Meadow actually but close.

It just struck me as amusing:

Dear Milkman,

Please leave extra milk, 1216025.

*facepalm* Now I get it... :lol: I'd been thinking you were asking me a question based on something which did happen to you... :D

• RMweb Gold

We once had a milkman who couldn't read. He interpreted all notes as "no milk today". We then had one who couldn't deliver the correct order, except when we were on holiday when he delivered every day until the neighbours intervened. We just get milk from Tesco now.