The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

It's been another beautifull sunny day today. . . .And Granddaughter has brought home an excellent school report.

Thoughts with the sick, recovering, and the missing.

Goodnight everyone . . .  .Sleep well.

John

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

CQ entertaining the public at Liverpool this weekend, so if you're passing do come and say hello.

Will still be thinking of the sick, recovering and missing...and those at other exhibitions.  Hopefully I, or someone else, will have some pics to bring back.

' Night for now, nos da.

Sweet dreams

Edited by southern42
  • Like 15

G’night Jock....

Thanks Andy P.

Prince was a very good guitarist but I doubt that that will ever be mentioned in the press. His favorite guitar looked like a Fender Telecaster but was actually a less expensive piece by Hohner.

“Little Red Corvette” is still one of my favorite songs, RIP.

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic
  • Like 14

Morning all. I don't know why I bothered going to bed. I feel worse now than I did last night, mainly thanks to a police helicopter in the area for the last 90 minutes. First coffee being consumed and there will be many more today.

Thinking of those ailing, recovering and missing

Have a good day everyone

• RMweb Premium

Mawnin' awl. Had gone to bed earlyish last night and so was up by 5.30 or so. Thankfully, it's a sunny morning!

Will likely obtain some stuff from the home supply shop after breakfast. Other than that, we shall see.

Best wishes to everyone ailing, recovering or missing… 

• Like 2

Good morning one and all

Amid the gloom there was radiance.  How anyone who has done the same job for 64 years can smile at all is a good question but Her Majesty managed it in spades yesterday.  I'm no rampant monarchist but the thought of who might become president if we had one is enough for me.

I have 12 strawberry plants awaiting their new home in the garden and fear for their safety should there be a sharp frost, particularly as some are already in flower.  Perhaps, for once, I should be bold and plant them.  If I chicken out today the job will not be done until Monday, for it will be a busy weekend.  One of today's jobs will be to plan my journey to Ewell East on Saturday for the Nescot show.  It's just within the Travelcard zone and should be fine unless I go mad on the bring and buy stall - as I did one year.   On Sunday I will be at the Staplegrove gathering near Taunton, giving opportunities to blag a cuppa off my 92 year old aunt in Sea Mills on the way home and catch up with some old friends elsewhere in Bristol.  On both days I shall wear my RMweb badge - not that I seek the status of celebrity, you understand, as it is really not good being one right now.

Until Monday, then, TTFN.  Thoughts be with the ailing, recovering, supporting, grieving and missing - and, today, Prince fans.

Chris

• Like 1

Morning All,

We have a rather grey morning in this part of the world.  Still, it is Friday!

As Pete mentioned, Prince was a good guitarist, but I also remember reading somewhere that he was able to play over 20 different instruments.  Although I was never really a fan, there is no denying that he had a huge influence on music and can be counted within that select group of greats.

Have a good day everyone...

• Like 15

Morning all!

Another day, another grain of salt on the peanut!

Busy day planned but how much of the 'planned' will actually happen, due to interruptions, etc. is a matter for some revision, I suspect.

Best wishes to all in need

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

Well knockme down with a feather! Three sunny days in a row! And the forecast for the weekend is getting slightly better.

Enjoy your Friday everyone.

Smithy, the whelkmen have gone so they may be with you.

Baz

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold

Well knockme down with a feather! Three sunny days in a row! And the forecast for the weekend is getting slightly better.

So you must be abroad somewhere :sungum: :sungum: :sungum:

Overcast here in Surrey.

Last work day of the week and tonight I need to load the layout inot the car ready for a 06.30 departure in the morning

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 7

Morning all. As RH says, overcast here, and cool.

Been up for hours - fell asleep on the sofa last night and couldn't be wakened, woke about 4 and went to bed - realised that I may have left some woodwork outside the shed workshop yesterday, so got up and dressed, went to the shed workshop, to find that I hadn't...

After a short walk in the cool night a cup of tea seemed appropriate, and then sleep never happened, so I've spent the last couple of hours watching 'The Tunnel' and working on converting two Dapol 'Rockets' into one 'Iron Girder'. Just trying to fit a T9 cab front at the moment...

Today's tasks include visiting brother-in-law (birthday) and picking up Daisy and Rose, Daisy is cooking their tea. I'm also hoping that my Macbook will be back today.

Had a good appointment with Nurse Betty yesterday, HB1a is good, BG is down, weight is down, new medication starts on Monday which means less injections and hopefully easier control.

Off for breakfast in a moment, so have a good fin de semaine, same hopings as everyone else.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Bob

Have a good cruise.

Our last 'cruise' was ten years ago on the Alaska Marine Highway between Whittier ansd Juneau. It was one of their larger ships with a helideck. However when we walked past the cruise ships in Juneau it seemed tiny in comparison. Our room cost about £45 a night and bedding was extra at about £13 per person. No balcony Windows or toilet. Literally a bus bed table and chair. We sat in the bar drinking pitchers of Amber ale at $5 a go during the day but did venture on deck when we were near land. Superb scenery.

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

Morning all,

an overcast start to the day with rain forecast this evening. 

Feeling perky today. (Oh, stop it). 

Noting that when you put a pencil on the mid-point of a carriage or on the corner to trace out your platform template, the effect is somewhat different in N gauge than OO due to the width of the pencil. A scale 3' "Mind the Gap"! Now tracing round my template to add a few millimeters. Please note "a few" is about as accurate as my modelling gets. ;)   

Pete, as per your PM, sure will if any info surfaces. 

Have a nice day everyone. Andy

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Morning, no work today due to being semi retired and part time, life can be OK at times!

A nice sunny morning on FR, warmest start this week of 9c as it has been frosty starts all week despite the beautiful days.  Just grass frosts, and TBH that is rare here.

Old gits bike club this morning, which may or may not turn into a run.  On the bikes, not the type that Mike 60880 does!  I'm banned from that (thankfully) in case my leg falls off.

Lousy night due to Mrs H being congested and snoring, so had to jump ship to the huffy bed at 0200.  Earlier I had decided it wasn't worth the effort as it looked as if dawn was approaching due to light at the top of the curtains......moonlight as it turned out!  D'oh.

Morning all,

an overcast start to the day with rain forecast this evening. 

Feeling perky today. (Oh, stop it). 

Noting that when you put a pencil on the mid-point of a carriage or on the corner to trace out your platform template, the effect is somewhat different in N gauge than OO due to the width of the pencil. A scale 3' "Mind the Gap"! Now tracing round my template to add a few millimeters. Please note "a few" is about as accurate as my modelling gets. ;)   

Pete, as per your PM, sure will if any info surfaces. 

Have a nice day everyone. Andy

A bit like this then?

post-1525-0-77428900-1461308792.jpg

emt_911, on 21 Apr 2016 - 20:17, said:

Thanks to this I've got yet another day at Shooters Hill. Deep joy.

Shooter's Hill as in SE18? If so I'll wave. :bye_mini:

Morning all from the boring little borough next to Shooter's Hill. Little happening round these parts. TFIF. No poets for me as some womble de coq has decided to hold a status meeting at 4:30. Arsebadger!

I was never big on the prancing purple Prince. Great musician and he wrote some fantastic songs, but for me had one of those nails on a blackboard voices. Like Dylan I much prefer other people performing his compositions.

No shed time last night, but we did manage a few pints in the local 'spoons and a bite to eat. Little else to say so cheery bye. Have a great day and weekend y'all.

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone. Today's a little bit duller that of late, being slightly overcast but at least it isn't raining. Today my work takes to me to rural Lancashire, namely Scarth Hill, which is just outside Ormskirk, work on some of our remote CP cabinets.

Definitely POETS day for me, as I've only got 2 to do today.

Have a good one, whatever you're doing.

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Sitting quietly in a bar (not open) waiting to disembark. Not sure how they work out who gets off first but it isn't us! We are comfortable and have plenty to Read. This morning the ship seemed to be full of people who couldn't use lifts without causing chaos. AndrewC's descriptions were nearly used.

Tony

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

Hope GDB and his good lady have a good trip and I don't think they'll be going far enough north to encounter the sort of sea visible at c.3.09 in that lovely video (such weather does have its advantages - much more space in the dining room and a better choice of tables I found when we were 'up north' ;) ).

Slightly dreary weather here today but mucho sunshine promised for tomorrow so it will be a pleasant trip to/from the theatre by the look of things.  Hoping those going to Taunton will have an enjoyable time - it's a great shame to miss the good Cap'n's last effort there but no doubt serves me right for agreeing to a certain date something over 39 years ago and my wish not to spend the next year or so living in the garden shed, so have a  great time all those who will be in Taunton on Saturday and Sunday.

Today not yet organised but Mrs Stationmaster seems a cheery bunny now the shower is back in operational order without the disadvantage of water coming out of places it isn't supposed to come out of.

Have a good day everybody.

• Like 13