The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Returned safe from the eye test she said there would be a letter to me and my doctor and that was it. As I have lowered my blood sugar that should be OK but my blood pressure might be up as I have run out of Ramipril... Organised is not my middle name. It was as well timed as yours Baz, in drops, rest, test and out. My eyes feel fine but have lost a little focus a few hours and I will be safe to drive.

However, I still can't guarantor him as I don't have a current valid Canadian passport. Catch 22, Argh.

Andrew, just in case you didn't notice (though you probably did), you don't HAVE to have a current passport. If your passport lapsed less than a year ago, you can still act as guarantor:

"Hold a 5-year or 10-year Canadian passport that is valid or has been expired for no more than one year, on the day you submit your application."

• RMweb Premium

Just a quick look in - haven't caught up, but managed to get logged in - away now until Sunday afternoon.

Regards to All

Stewart

Edited by 45156
  • Like 8

• RMweb Premium

I've suggested on the Peeeco b/h thread that successful sales will result in then investing in better (looking) f/b track as well.

That ought to keep it going for another 12000 posts.

Oooh naughty.

Lights blue touch paper and stands back........................

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

I've suggested on the Peeeco b/h thread that successful sales will result in then investing in better (looking) f/b track as well.

You wicked, wicked, hippo!

• RMweb Gold

Returned safe from the eye test she said there would be a letter to me and my doctor and that was it. As I have lowered my blood sugar that should be OK but my blood pressure might be up as I have run out of Ramipril... Organised is not my middle name. It was as well timed as yours Baz, in drops, rest, test and out. My eyes feel fine but have lost a little focus a few hours and I will be safe to drive.

When they do the tests at our surgery they seem to turn them round very quickly - well organised is the impression (our tester this year was Polish, the one before that was English and the one before that came from one of the Mediterranean countries; we've never seen the same tester twice and they were doing some there last week and that was yet another tester).

• Like 5

Oooh naughty.

Lights blue touch paper and stands back........................

Cheers,

Mick

I am still tempted to throw a grenade on there by highlighting the merits of set track. That could make things very interesting!

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Hmm, Wrightington Hospital - I'm rather familiar with it from the inside, Brian!  Good place, if rather old fashioned, but new wards are being built.

Mike - Vauxhalls of that age have a terrible harsh ride - having had three Astras I have suffered, but they were reliable. 250,000 miles on one!  My current (old) Flawed Focus is a much better car.  edit - TBH so is Mrs NHN's Picasso.

Edited by New Haven Neil

• RMweb Premium

I've purchased from e-bay a plastic kit (1/72 scale) for a length of track intended for military models such as rail mounted guns. I'm wondering if I should mention it on the Peco bh track thread. :whistle: Actually its not too bad, I intend to replace the plastic rails with nickel silver rail. The plastic rails themselves are of flat bottom profile and very near code 75 and actually have fishplate holes in the ends. There are four sections of track each just under six inches long, the gauge is 21mm, Irish broad gauge anyone?

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Evening all! Appy-polly-loggies for not having looked in before work, so I hope everyone had a good day.

Training day at the Heiterblick workshops was interesting, especially due to our tour of said facility which is normally outside our stomping grounds. It is planned to expand it into a combined workshop and depot, though this project will probably not be completed prior to 2020.

Later, I met Bill and Keith of this parish for a walkthrough at Angerbrücke and a cup of coffee in the city after that. It was great to meet you guys and I'm happy everything worked out! I suspect you'll be back in Britain when you read this, so as you gave me your OK to do so, may I just post this:

mobile.1399sjle.jpg

Think I'll call it a night soon as I'll be on a late shift tomorrow.

Cheers, folks...

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

All hell will break out here at 6am tomorrow at this address the big feller's are staying for the day while mum and dad are at work, Barney now 11months old know no boundary's so if any one is in bed still he will gently wake them up, SWMBO is not working tomorrow so she will spend all day keeping them amused and later on they will no doubt be taking me for a walk it's like having two Shire horses on the leads.  :O

post-8647-0-70732400-1460055252_thumb.jpg

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Possibly intended to be Russian gauge.

Its supposedly standard gauge as the box describes it as 'German railway track'. Metric standard gauge is 1445 mm, which divided by 72 should be a shade over 20 mm. However at £7.99 including postage its not too bad. The plastic rails will feature in my model PW yard after painting a suitable track colour. The rails are 14 cm long, 35 feet in 00 scale, does anyone know the usual lengths of a section of rail before CWR replaced it?

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 4

Go on, go on, go on

(In Father Ted stylee) :jester:

There are a couple of bottles of Bateman's Mocha beer in cupboard. Maybe after they have been consumed later it will go from a bit of an amusing idea to actuality!

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

I am still tempted to throw a grenade on there by highlighting the merits of set track. That could make things very interesting!

Go on!

Although to give Porco Peco credit, their set track in both SM32 and SM45 is very good.

In fact my only issue with their large scale narrow gauge track is why the hell they didn't put a live crossing nose (aka frog) on the SM45 when they do on the SM32.

If nothing else, the great blob of plastic looks awful.

I suppose it is a sop to the LGB/G Scale Society, whom despite being electrically orientated, cannot comprehend the intiricacies of having to switch the polarity on a live crossing nose.

(Now that is a fused, unpinned and thrown grenade!)

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

I suppose it is a sop to the LGB/G Scale Society

Be careful. A statement like that could get you banned from every University campus in the country.

Back in Englandhome after a longish day. Weather was very variable, sun and downpours on the autoroutes, then nightmare at UK Border control. Out of eight booths only three were open - on the second-last day of the Easter Holidays. We queued 50 minutes for someone to glance at our passports and we missed our train. Deplorable, especially as no-one checked any cars or vans on the English side - though the French side did swab for explosives. They check the steering wheel and the door handles...

Then the M20 was closed due to some numpty managing to drive down it the wrong way and have a serious accident. Quite incredible. The pictures look horrific, the drivers avoided each other but the 'innocent' passenger was seriously hurt. So the drive home (via Canterbury and Maidstone) was lengthier and more stressful than expected.

Visited the Grandgirls on the way home. Daisy has decide that Rose is a 'snotbag' so I'm now calling Daisy 'ratbag' and she says  I'm now 'binbag'. I call it teaching them maturity.

Car unpacked, fish and chips eaten, parcels opened, central heating turned on. I may warm up before dawn.

Best wishes all. Friday tomorrow!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Evening all.

We may be out of interweb range for a while, bouncing around the Bay of Biscay. I hope everyone who is poorly improves and everyone else behaves themselves!

The only problem is that Aditi has been unwell for a few days. She is OK now but a bit tired. However while she was unwell she had loose bowels, the spell checker won't let me type the correct term! P&O give you a medical form at check in. It does say you will be allowed to travel but with conditions. Confined to cabin perhaps? Who knows! It ca4nt be too contagious as I am fine and I have a dodgy immune system.

Anyway I have done all the packing. The weather in the Western Mediterranean is variable so we are taking a range of clothes. Probably too many but I don't have to lug cases except from our front door to the car! For those of you on Facebook if I manage to post an update from my phone while ashore I am quite happy for it to be mentioned in ER! Actually the browser on my new phone works so well I may even be able to post a cheery greeting from some distant 3G aerial

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

That's driving test 6 done over the past 7 days. 5 out of 6 passed.

The pass rate is good for my morale, but not bank balance. I have one of those peculiar jobs, that if I do well, I lose customers as a result.... (They usually do however, recommend me to others, so it's not all bad and many of the passes take up extra sessions for motorway driving.)

Tomorrow morning is waiting around for a water meter to be installed.  I've been given a time of 8am-1pm, so normal work is suspended until after 1pm, so it won't be a POE. I have to do something whilst hanging around waiting, so some modelling may be done, although I do have pupil on short-notice standby if the meter is installed before 11am.

The water meter install is free and if it turns out, the meter ends up charging us more than our existing water rates, we can revert to our current fixed rate. With junior NB in the house, it should be a slight saving, with her out and away at Uni, it should be a couple of £100!

In the meantime, it's off to the man-shed to apply some yellow paint.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 4

Good morning one and all

It has rained overnight again so the soil in my garden, being largely clay, will not be conducive to gardening.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it. 

I hear my breakfast calling.

Sticking like clay, perhaps?

As for the breakfast calling, sounds like it might have been able so to do once!

Please continue to take it as read that thoughts, wishes, etc. are where they should be.

Good Night!

Edited by JohnDMJ
  • Like 10

Evening all. A very long day and far too much driving although I did enjoy the journey on the M6 after Lancaster. It made up for a lousey rest of the day. To cap it all I got lost once I was in Glasgow thanks to my sat nav deciding that I didn't need to know where I was going.

Tony - Enjoy the trip

Tomorrow will be POE but arrival at home will be late.

Thinking of all those suffering.

I won't get chance to post in the morning so I'll have to catch up when I get home.

Night all

• Like 1