The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

As I understand, though am quite likely to be wrong if past performance is owt to be judged, the dog owner also gets an allowance from the state to ensure the welfare of the dog.

Please tell me I'm wrong?

Edit: please don't get the impression that I think the dog should not be looked after, it just seems a bit skewed that it should be the route to extra payment to the 'owner'.

You're wrong. Completely. I quote a recent FOI request:

Freedom of Information request 2510/2014 Received 5 June 2014 Published Information request

Do people on benefits get a supplement if they own a dog. If so, is such a supplement limited to dogs, or are there other pets that attract enhancement of benefits payable to a claimant

DWP response No additional Jobseeker’s Allowance, Employment and Support Allowance or Income Support is paid to claimants because they own a dog or any other pets. I

• Like 1

Here.... I don't wear a rucksack to exhibitions

I do, but I'll usually put it as a front sack (or should that be a vorsack?) in the halls!

If nothing else, it makes it easier to put all those fliers, leaflets and catalogues away!

Edited by JohnDMJ
  • Like 8

• RMweb Gold

As I understand, though am quite likely to be wrong if past performance is owt to be judged, the dog owner also gets an allowance from the state to ensure the welfare of the dog.

Edit: please don't get the impression that I think the dog should not be looked after, it just seems a bit skewed that it should be the route to extra payment to the 'owner'.

The government says

Freedom of Information request 2510/2014 Received 5 June 2014 Published Information request

Do people on benefits get a supplement if they own a dog. If so, is such a supplement limited to dogs, or are there other pets that attract enhancement of benefits payable to a claimant

DWP response No additional Jobseeker’s Allowance, Employment and Support Allowance or Income Support is paid to claimants because they own a dog or any other pets. If you have any queries about this letter please contact me quoting the reference number above.

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 3

Freedom of Information request 2510/2014 Received 5 June 2014 Published Information request Do people on benefits get a supplement if they own a dog. If so, is such a supplement limited to dogs, or are there other pets that attract enhancement of benefits payable to a claimant DWP response No additional Jobseeker’s Allowance, Employment and Support Allowance or Income Support is paid to claimants because they own a dog or any other pets. If you have any queries about this letter please contact me quoting the reference number above.

So they are playing on the sympathy vote and, potentially, begging under false pretences!

• Like 2

You're wrong. Completely. I quote a recent FOI request:

DWP response No additional Jobseeker’s Allowance, Employment and Support Allowance or Income Support is paid to claimants because they own a dog or any other pets. I

Freedom of Information request 2510/2014 Received 5 June 2014 Published Information request Do people on benefits get a supplement if they own a dog. If so, is such a supplement limited to dogs, or are there other pets that attract enhancement of benefits payable to a claimant DWP response No additional Jobseeker’s Allowance, Employment and Support Allowance or Income Support is paid to claimants because they own a dog or any other pets. If you have any queries about this letter please contact me quoting the reference number above.

Thanks folks, urban myth it is then!

It ain't very often I'm right, but guess what...... :(

Edited by leopardml2341
  • Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Just watched a couple of interesting programs. The first was on the Panamanian law firm that was heavily involved in money laundering and tax dodging. I can only hope that the hacker who exposed what was going on covered their tracks well especially as President Putin is involved, the polonium is probably ready and waiting. The second was Dan Snows program on the Vikings, interesting though I thought it was a bit long drawn out, an hour would be sufficient. As others have said, no news from Clacton is good news so goodnight all.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

I haven't watched television tonight but I saw a preview of the Panorama programme on the BBC News channel last night. I can't say I was particularly surprised at the revelations. I hope Panorama aren't coming after me for my offshore holdings, I have about 40 euros on my Dutch chipcard ready for my next train ride over there.

Tony

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone. It's been a dull miserable day today, not just because I'm back at work. As I passed Winter Hill, the mast was shrouded in mist! It's been overcast and grey. But at least it was dry, until this afternoon when it chucked it down, we then had a period of bright sunshine, which was quickly followed by further showers, I wish the weather would make its mind up!

My travels took me first to Galgate, then on to Broughton wher I went to 2 sites and finally to Walton-LE-Dale where I had lunch before completing my work.

After tea, we carried on packing all the stuff that litters the mantle pieces, shelves etc.

There's been far to many posts today, so I've not been able to catch up, I'll try and catch up tomorrow if I can. So generic congratulations or commiserations will have to do for now.

Goodnight all.

Thanks folks, urban myth it is then!

It ain't very often I'm right, but guess what...... :(

I have just spotted the dog reference you were referring to.

Last week there was an interview on tv with a woman who had an assistant dog that could IIRC sense when she was in trouble breathing.

It was quoted on tthe programme that the woman received carers allowance for her assisting dog. The money was for his upkeep she said.

edited for clarity

Edited by lightengine

• RMweb Premium

Had a busy day not really achieving anything! fitted a dcc chip which could not get enough power to a Ks MkII motor so await a new chip from teh client.

Sleep well all!

Rick - hope you have a pleasant day!

Baz

• Like 4

Evening all. A quick drop in at the end of a busy day. Unfortunately none of the work related to the backlog of paperwork that continues to weigh heavy on my mind.

The flat pack cupboards did not arrive until almost 4pm. One was constructed and put in place in an hour, and after a break for food, the second was completed in half the time. They were then neatly filled with all model railway equipment after Amber had gone to bed. Skaleby West sits nicely on the top of them and has been reconnected to the fiddle yard. Skaleby North Yard also fits on top of the cupboards in front of its older brother. Skaleby Quay will be stored in the garage as its construction is on hold.

The room now looks a lot neater which has eased the nagging from Sarah. She is happy and, since I now have a reconnected and working layout, I am pretty pleased too.

Night all.

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

IIRC, didn't Rubble (autocorrected from Ribble, but it nade me laugh so I left it in) also have some Atlanteans with the sunken gangway/bench seat upper deck too Mick?

No, the Atlantean White Ladies had conventional 2+2 seating upstairs.

https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3777/14236326646_c0acce3cf4_b.jpg

I remember riding on these on the X23 Clitheroe-Manchester services on shopping trips with my Grandmother. A special pre-Christmas treat was a visit to Kendal's department store on Deansgate.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Bus spotting over (for now)...

Late back in after a late maintenance job at wife's work. Just going round with a small paintbrush and tin of woodstain, touching in around door handles and edges, One of those jobs when you want as few people around as possible. The night porter has been suitably warned to keep his white shirt away from the doors for an hour or so until it's all fully dry!

Best wishes to those that need them. I do hope that no news is good news from Clacton.

G'night all,

Mick

• Like 2

I haven't watched television tonight but I saw a preview of the Panorama programme on the BBC News channel last night. I can't say I was particularly surprised at the revelations. I hope Panorama aren't coming after me for my offshore holdings, I have about 40 euros on my Dutch chipcard ready for my next train ride over there.

Tony

You laugh, but we have a few hundred quid in an RBS account. I have to report the account number and the maximum annual balance every year to the US IRS.

For AndyID.

Found it - BEA Vanguard arriving at Renfrew Airport 1965/6 (scanned from a pretty scratchy print):

post-1771-0-03738300-1459823760.jpg

(Edit - the date I originally gave of 'summer 1966' can't be right. Renfrew airport closed in May 1966. The picture has to have been taken some time between October 1965 and May 1966.)

Edited by pH
  • Like 13