The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Guest Max Stafford

Well, my weekend got off to a fine start. Phone call late this morning needing me to go in tomorrow. Didn't want to but you know how it is. Means I have to leave Abi with the in-laws again and it's knackered my plans for Saturday too. They just don't care about putting anybody else out. I'm sick to the back teeth of it. I've done two twelve hour shifts this week to help them out. I'm shortening my weekend by two hours to start early to help out on Monday morning. The more they do, the more they demand.

I've done my bit this week but it's never never enough.

I'm ****ing sick of it all, I really am. :bomb_mini:

Dave.

Sorry to hear that Dave - Unfortunately, in many cases this sort of thing appears to be a sign of the times. I can understand your annoyance.

I am posting this evening in lieu of tomorrow morning :lol:. I am off to Paris for a meeting at the crack of dawn and don't expect to have Internet access until Saturday evening when I am back. Therefore, have a good start to the weekend everyone!

• RMweb Gold

Well, my weekend got off to a fine start. Phone call late this morning needing me to go in tomorrow. Didn't want to but you know how it is. Means I have to leave Abi with the in-laws again and it's knackered my plans for Saturday too. They just don't care about putting anybody else out. I'm sick to the back teeth of it. I've done two twelve hour shifts this week to help them out. I'm shortening my weekend by two hours to start early to help out on Monday morning. The more they do, the more they demand.

I've done my bit this week but it's never never enough.

I'm ****ing sick of it all, I really am. :bomb_mini:

Dave.

The career I once had meant I wasn't likely to be called in when not expected but management still had their little ways of causing problems. I was at one time rather ill. I came under a lot of pressure to return to work (can't replace you, students have exams etc) and went back before I should have. This coincided with a change of hospital consultant who had his own ideas about treatment. So it wasn't long before I was even more ill and after being given some fairly good advice by my (excellent) GP, I didn't object when my contract was terminated but I did my best to make the HR person (he didn't really qualify for the H in HR) look bad. He didn't care though, he had met his targets. I consider myself fortunate that I've never met anyone else as unpleasant as he was.

Tony

Guest Max Stafford

He'd be among friends in the upper echelons of my outfit. They used to be pretty good, but over the last 5 years or so the 'new breed' of 'Dear Leaders' has adopted Kim Jong Il's management style whilst dispensing with his attendant humanity and welfare considerations... :rolleyes:

Dave.

• RMweb Gold

I'm not surprised you sound so cheesed off Dave. Like so many today, you do them a favour then they just take a lend.......

The various people I have directly worked for have always considered their staff their most important asset and treated us accordingly. Listening to various tales I can see how lucky I have been.

• RMweb Gold

I'm not surprised you sound so cheesed off Dave. Like so many today, you do them a favour then they just take a lend.......

The various people I have directly worked for have always considered their staff their most important asset and treated us accordingly. Listening to various tales I can see how lucky I have been.

I've worked for a few excellent people, it was rather unfortunate that I ended my career at the hands of the exact opposite.. My wife worked for over thirty years in an educational institution through every scheme, initiative and type of government. It was the imposition of someone whose expertise was management rather than education that precipitated her looking for another job a couple of years ago.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Any vacancies for an unskilled monkey...? ;)

Dave.

The BBC was reporting that the Commonwealth Games security people have a squad of trained Langur monkeys. Apparently they are to repel the local smaller monkeys from irritating the athletes!

Morning all. You could be right, Phil. It seems to have gone missing from Edinburgh at the moment.

Grey and still up here just now. Full set of oktas but so far no rain.

Spent some of yesterday afternoon mulching at the Botanic Gardens as part of our Divisional Awayday.

• RMweb Gold

Spent some of yesterday afternoon mulching at the Botanic Gardens as part of our Divisional Awayday.

I think I would have preferred munching at the Botanical Gardens...

• RMweb Gold

Morning.

I think Gordon's weather has just arrived here.

I'll be helping Matthew pack today. We are taking him to Leicester tomorrow (Saturday). I'm sure he has everything he needs but if he hasn't apparently there is a large ASDA near the student halls. He is in "catered" accommodation so he shouldn't go hungry. As it could be a long day tomorrow, I decided it would be better for Robbie to have a weekend at the kennels. He always seems happy to go there.

Apart from that all I've got to do at some stage is go and get the Clio. It came home last night sounding like a large sporty car so my wife is leaving it at a Kwik Fit near Basildon station and going to work by train. I'll go and collect it later hopefully with whatever part of the exhaust system is faulty replaced.

Tony