The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon form a very wet Yorkshire.

A rather nice rainbow over Leeds from our train.

Usual stag and hen parties at Stalybridge and Huddersfield doing the real ale trial but very few of them drinking ale.

Next stop York.

• Like 13

When the first female cox participated in the boat race it was said she only did it because she would get a chance to kiss the cox of the winning crew.

IIRC from "I'm sorry I'll read that again" it was Dame Ninette de Valois who had that privilege.

• RMweb Gold

Breaking news:

I have been summoned to the kitchen to cook in a little while! This will take me just over 4 minutes as sirloin steak will be briefly (and skilfully) introduced to a smoking hot pan. Once that it is done I will be asked to vacate the kitchen and keep out of the way. Apparently I will be allowed to eat after the steak has rested. After eating and drinking some red wine hopefully I too will be allowed to rest & recover from all my exertions.

Meanwhile I have a pint of Pride to finish.

Cheers :drinks:

Some folk have all the luck.  I have just been summoned to the kitchen to traipse off down to the bottom of the garden (TWICE) to empty the cut-off etc bits of veg into the composting bin.  Looking at this in a positive light I suppose I ought to make clear that it was only raining during my first trip.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

IIRC from "I'm sorry I'll read that again" it was Dame Ninette de Valois who had that privilege.

ISTR being in the ROH the night of her 90th birthday. No evidence of improper or lewd behaviour on that occasion.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Spent the afternoon on the track for my diorama. I needed track to approximately P4 gauge to stand the Atlas road-rail Unimog on as this models rail wheels are set at this gauge instead of the more usual 16.5mm. To do this I took some scrap Peco Streamline N gauge track, cut it into two equal lengths. removed one rail from each piece and proceded to remove every other pair of sleepers. Then I placed them interlocked to each other then used one of the lengths of rail joined them together by sliding the rail into the chairs making 18mm + gauge three rail track, in fact it is almost 19mm gauge as Peco Streamline is slightly over gauge so that flanges won't bind when it is curved plus the width of the 'third rail'. The model sat on the track perfectly even though it was a bit tight and can be pushed a few inches but this revealed another problem, the flanges kept coming in contact with the chairs. I dont know of any 'N' rail bigger than code 55 so I'm looking at glueing the rail and cutting off the chairs. As its only intended to be a static display its not that serious, the surface will be made up to rail head level anyway.

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

Sorry about the double posting, I'm using my tablet.

I'll edit out one of them when I work out how to, as there is not a delete post option on offer.

Doh!

Couldn't delete one but managed to hide both!

I'll have to grovel nicely to Andy Y to sort this clusterfek up out.

Edited by Happy Hippo

• RMweb Gold

Sorry about the double posting, I'm using my tablet.

I'll edit out one of them when I work out how to, as there is not a delete post option on offer.

No, there is now a hide option in which you have to offer the moderators a reason for wanting to hide your post.

Perhaps another example of the majority having to suffer for the malfeasance of a few.

• RMweb Gold

Sitting in Pivni York. Some very nice Czech beers on tap.

Good to see a bottle of Brewdog End Of History on display. This beer was brewed a few years ago and each bottle put in road kill. It was brewed in a special way to reach 51% avb. We had a thimble full in the Rake.

post-1557-0-65388900-1459111937_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Sitting in Pivni York. Some very nice Czech beers on tap.

Good to see a bottle of Brewdog End Of History on display. This beer was brewed a few years ago and each bottle put in road kill. It was brewed in a special way to reach 51% avb. We had a thimble full in the Rake.

Nope

Totally non auto correct.

The bottle we had in the Rake was called Susan!

Brewdog did start doing some whacky brews.

Now that they are becoming a huge business concern they have mellowed a lot which is a shame

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 3

SATS Tests or not SATS Tests for 11 tear olds.

Just reading on Facebook today.

Has anyone seen ARE missing cat.

CHESTER DRAWS wanted.

I am not sure if I am ALOUD to post on this page.

Perhaps not SATS tests but at least some genuine way of knowing ability.

• Like 1

I had mi first beer since my op today - it did not taste at all right, I hope this isn't a permanent problem. :(

Anyway folks, feels like I've overdone the exercise stuff again, g'night and sleep tight etc.