The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

I spent a very pleasant afternoon drinking with Andrew in New Cross after (during?) a model railway exhibition. I an very pleased to say I haven't been the same since either! I found your and Andrew's Untapped app pages. Matthew was seriously impressed. Mine is relatively sad. The only social media site where my child is my "friend" is about beer. Am I a bad parent?

Andrew is way ahead of me on untapped as I only recently started using it after finally giving up on using an excel spreadsheet!!

However a fellow modeller is teasing me after spending a few days in Thailand doing various breweries rather then what the place is normally known for!!

Back in our local Wetherspoons on the Titanc Plum Porter straight from the barrel on gravity.

Wish today was POETS

• Like 14

More driving than working today as predicted but pleasant in the sun. Everything started to unravel when I ended working an extra hour and then got caught in traffic causing me to spend 2 hours for a one hour journey.

Baz - That is totally disgusting behaviour by the school. As far as teachers go, the idea that a degree education is a MUST is wrong, they need to have some idea of life outside the education system first.

Jock - Great to hear that the day went well for you and the treatment regime progresses.

Mick - Nothing surprises me when it comes to the 'professional drivers'. Seriously impressed with your pupil.

• Like 3

...It's not that I am against baked beans, per se, but the stuff you get in tins is but an unwholesome imitation of the real thing: Boston Baked Beans (Navy beans, salt pork, salt, molasses, cane sugar, ground mustard, water; all baked for 5 to 6 hours. No wonder most find it easy to open a tin)...

iD

The Mrs does exactly that, plus some additional secret ingredients, best I can tell, you'd love the result, I promise :)

Mankini?

Waaayyyyy too much information!!!!! :jester:

• Like 8

Going clockwise from the egg: yes (but preferably scrambled), yes, yes, NO!

What is so appealing about having baked beans (and usually bad, tinned, baked beans to boot) for breakfast? Replace the baked beans with something like Cornish Potato Cakes, a Potato Farl or Tattie Scones for the carbs and you'd have a meal fit for a king (and no wonder W Somerset Maugham [amongst others] opined that "To eat well in England you should have breakfast three times a day").

It's not that I am against baked beans, per se, but the stuff you get in tins is but an unwholesome imitation of the real thing: Boston Baked Beans (Navy beans, salt pork, salt, molasses, cane sugar, ground mustard, water; all baked for 5 to 6 hours. No wonder most find it easy to open a tin). And to add insult to injury, if you will, I have read that Heinz Baked Beans aficionados regard the "new" style of Heinz BB as nowhere near as good as the "original" Heinz BB recipe (Branston beans are considered - by some - as superior........

iD

You could say it's a lot of hot air ...... !
  • Like 4

POETTD...........

Trainspotting Day.

I'm off out with a mate to sample Blackburn/Leeds/Derby/Nottingham/Burton/Tamworth/possibly Brum/ HST back to Leeds and then home.

Off to find out what's she's left me in the fridge.

Back later.

Cheers,

Mick

Will there be beer involved as well?

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

Baz - That is totally disgusting behaviour by the school. As far as teachers go, the idea that a degree education is a MUST is wrong, they need to have some idea of life outside the education system first.

I am not totally sure how a life outside the education system would have made me a better science teacher when I started teaching. It was a job/career I wanted to do. The first school I worked at was very, very reluctant to employ graduates but it was a bit tricky in science subjects. For all subjects the preference was for PE teachers with a second subject. The head was keen on sport.
  • Like 2

Or me a better history teacher. I'm not a believer in the university of life being better than Oxford, Cambridge or in my case Durham in terms of training for academic careers.

Rather smacks of the idea that anyone can teach...

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

Or me a better history teacher. I'm not a believer in the university of life being better than Oxford, Cambridge or in my case Durham in terms of training for academic careers.

Rather smacks of the idea that anyone can teach...

One of my classes were really impressed that I had failed A level maths. They were serial GCSE failures and were pleased that there was a possibility of success!
  • Like 10

Well folks, thanks for all your support and kind words before and during my stay in hospital.

Consultant is very pleased with outcome, physio punished me enough to see that I'm fit to be

let out so now it's just soft tissue to heal and the swelling, bruising and smarting to die down.

Best wishes all. :)

ps anyone wanna see mi wound?

Edited by leopardml2341
  • Like 3

I spent a very pleasant afternoon drinking with Andrew in New Cross after (during?) a model railway exhibition. I an very pleased to say I haven't been the same since either! I found your and Andrew's Untapped app pages. Matthew was seriously impressed. Mine is relatively sad. The only social media site where my child is my "friend" is about beer. Am I a bad parent?

It was during, and he was MEANT to be operating my layout.

Bill

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

It was during, and he was MEANT to be operating my layout.Bill

My fault entirely! The bar was very small and it would have been rude to push past the Morris dancers who had come in for refreshment.

• Like 2

My fault entirely! The bar was very small and it would have been rude to push past the Morris dancers who had come in for refreshment.

My recollection may be better than yours, but were they female morris dancers?

Bill

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Nice to see that our invalids Jock and Andy are recovering. Another parcel arrived today, yet another Atlas Unimog, this one is probably going to be rebuilt with a different body. Getting late now so goodnight all.

• Like 7

Watched Big Dreams Small Places on BBC2 last night where Monty Don helps people have the garden they want.

Sally wanted a pond with a rill.

Seeing the finished garden I was left wondering who the wit was that designed the rill with the pond at the end of it. It looked hugely like a very long erect peni5.

I am a convert to Branston  baked beans, although I usually prefer fresh food, I keep a few cans in for emergencies in case I can't venture out.

In fact, I used a can today as, reading through E.R, someone had posted a 'photo of a "breakfast" so I had black pudding, fried egg, and beans for tea. . . . Oh My!!!! it's windy!

Thoughts with the sick/recovering.

Goodnight everyone . . . .Sleep well.

John

• Like 4