The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

You have my sympathies Sixoh. I also suffer from Migraines - but thankfully less so in recent years having learnt what usually triggers them for me.

I can think of better things to do than laying in a dark room and trying hard not to move! :wacko:

Indeed, my best wishes that you get this out of the way quickly.

• RMweb Gold

- when I first had a migraine attack I admit I was thoroughly frightened by the aura

I haven't had a migraine attack since my late teens. What is this aura you talk about? When I was getting a migraine my vision went first, with a strange tunnel vision effect where everything but the very centre of my vision went foggy, sparkled and danced all at the same time. Is this what you are referring to?

• RMweb Premium

I haven't had a migraine attack since my late teens. What is this aura you talk about? When I was getting a migraine my vision went first, with a strange tunnel vision effect where everything but the very centre of my vision went foggy, sparkled and danced all at the same time. Is this what you are referring to?

There are various symptoms for an aura, including those you described, but each patient may experience different ones and in very particular ways - and not all patients necessarily experience an aura at all. Other typical symptoms may include tingling or numbness around the mouth and lips and/or in the arms and hands, and even temporary dysphasia in severe cases. For me, it usually is that numbness, sometimes coupled with distorted vision - usually in the shape of my field of view turning completely foggy on one side.

• RMweb Gold

Oh s0d it. I've just marked, cut and notched a load of sleepers only to realise that I've used the wrong width copper clad strip.

My bad language aura is working overtime.

Guest Max Stafford

It's something I'm not making either BoD... :lol:

This is a long night shift this, still five hours to go (yawn)...!

Anyway, I hope you all have a nice day, I'm likely to miss most of it! :D

Dave.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Sky is full of battleships again and it is still quite dark. It must have rained over night, as the street looks wet. And I'm feeling a bit of a sore throat - hope I won't be down with a cold... <_<

But anyway - have a nice day, guys! :)

Morning All,

It is a grim morning here weather wise! Wet, cold, windy and grey - not that it is really light enough yet to tell how grey!

Still, I am in a pretty good mood - so can't complain about the weather too much!

What is this aura you talk about? When I was getting a migraine my vision went first, with a strange tunnel vision effect where everything but the very centre of my vision went foggy, sparkled and danced all at the same time. Is this what you are referring to?

More or less! Like Dominik said, it varies from person to person. For me, it starts with a streaky line effect - a bit like the view from the Enterprise during warp on Star Trek. Then, if things get really bad then there is a shimmery tunnel effect. Not nice!

Have a good day everyone...

• RMweb Premium

Morning all grey skies again but it is dry at the moment. Last night on the TV news they showed their version of a migraine aurora it made me feel ill so I quickly stopped looking at it.The article was linked to a gene defect which they were hoping to remedy.

• RMweb Premium

One other thing about migraines - it's also possible that you will experience only an aura without any headache. I actually had this myself on one or two occasions. I've also learned that an early sign for an impending migraine is my being unusually moody several hours in advance - sometimes as long as one or two days before the attack. I then usually try to go easy about everything and catch as much rest as I can.

Morning all. Feeling more my normal self today after a rest yesterday.

For me the aura are much the same as have been described. I tend to get a headache around my eyes, plus the tunnel vision/loss of sight in one eye and the lovely shimmery lights. Plus with me a hyper-sensitivity to smell. Coffee and citrus fruits seem particularly strong smells when I have a migraine approaching.

Still not fully light here but it looks pretty battleship grey outside.

One other thing about migraines - it's also possible that you will experience only an aura without any headache. I actually had this myself on one or two occasions. I've also learned that an early sign for an impending migraine is my being unusually moody several hours in advance - sometimes as long as one or two days before the attack. I then usually try to go easy about everything and catch as much rest as I can.

That's exactly what I have, probably four or five times a year. I can sense my eyesight is going by the speckling that appears in my peripheral vision and lack of focus directly in front. I've learned that taking two paracetemol immediately resolves the problem within 10 minutes or so.

......and don't even start on ice cream headaches.

Morning all...:)

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, All oktas in place. I count myself lucky that I don't get full-blown migraines. I very occasionally get a hint of the symptoms and a headache but not the whole shooting match. Sufferers have my sympathy. Mind you since I started with this N gauge stuff I have had far more headaches!

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Premium

Morning All

Full cloud cover here today, and a promise of some rain tomorrow, just for a change.

Oddly enought in my teens and early twenties I did get migraines, but touch wood, I've not had one for many many years - don't know why they stopped, but they did.

Not a lot happening currently here chez 45156, but I'll check back later.

Regards

Stewart

• RMweb Gold

Morning all, another grey one.

My sympathies also to our sufferers of migraines - like a few others I too get the very mild version. Starts with a sense of, well, dullness (or more so than normal), then the peripheral vision goes. After that I get the bright light 'snakes', which are lines of bright light crawling all over my vision. Then it goes after about 10 minutes when the headache kicks in for an hour or so.

Not so good if it hits me when I'm at work and driving.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Slight delay in logging on this morning. Lots of red flashing LEDs on the router. Restarting it had no effect and there didn't seem to be a man working by the green box at the end of the road so I've tried another router and as this one works I suspect the other one doesn't!

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Again, I haven't posted on here for a while! Sorry to hear about these headaches and migraines - I'm in the unusual position where I've only had one in my life. Hope I haven't spoken too soon...!

Another driving lesson as soon as I get home tonight. Had one last Thursday that went really well - especially considering I hadn't driven for two weeks. I'm really happy about my progress in driving lessons now. Just need to get those manoeuvres nailed. Can't remember if I told you all or not but my theory test is on Monday. Quite nervous, but not as nervous as I will be for the practical! laugh.gif

On a similar note, one of my best friends has just passed his practical test with 4 minors. Really impressed with that (but his mum still won't let him drive!).

So that's my best friend and my two sisters that have passed first time. No pressure then...

• RMweb Gold

Hello again.

Now back on the BT Homehub router. A hard reset (poke paperclip in little hole) seems to have got it working again.

I'll be taking Matthew shopping for the last few things he needs for life in Leicester later today. I keep forgetting that the hall of residence list includes a reading lamp. He doesn't want the pink one his mother offered him. My wife found that the only way to stop colleagues at her former place of work borrowing her office equipment was to only buy pink or pink with flower decorated items. Matthew can't identify pink very well due to a colour vision deficiency but once he knows something is pink he doesn't want it!

Tony