The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Happy Birthday Chris!

We managed to move the contents of the Club room by 11 am. A great effort well supported by Leeds City Council. First step in moving into a new clubroom... done!

New premises to be visited next week so fingers crossed!

baz

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold

Really nice to hear from Jock. I know someone who ended up in Colchester and not only had a neck brace but had something that looked like a turtle shell too. He had fallen out of the loft after putting his holiday suitcase away. He was certainly well looked after.

Jock's description of using radiotherapy on his break makes it sound like a spot welding technique. I know my mother was too frail to have surgery to remove her spleen so that was done with radiotherapy.

Tony

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Belated birthday wishes to Chris and what he said about his mother dying made me think about my own mother and I realised by doing a quick calculation that last week I was exactly the same age as my mother when she died. Great to hear from Jock, hope he will be able to leave hospital soon as. Great pics Light Engine, Belgium is one of my favourite country's and the Belgians always make you feel welcome and with all that great beer, chips and chocolate a lovely place (if you avoid the coronary) :jester:

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Some interesting Belgian statuary from Lightengine; though why anyone would put an aeroplane atop their chimney stack is a mystery to me.

Must have been a Herculean effort! 

Coat, hat.....door....

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Some interesting Belgian statuary from Lightengine; though why anyone would put an aeroplane atop their chimney stack is a mystery to me.

In the Netherlands they go for the X files look!

post-6719-0-54689600-1455993900_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 4

I had my first guarding turns on the Ratty today - 3 round trips with a diesel. It was much me pleasant than I had expected given the weather forecast, which was horrendous. In reality, it only drizzled for the first trip, rained for half the second trip, and was dry for the rest. I had taken an array of waterproof and warm clothing, and hardly used any of it! Three of the coaches on my train had heating, including the one with the guard's compartment, so I was reasonably warm most of the time.

Good to see Jock posting again, and here is to many more of them!

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Track all in place and working. 

First hill in place - I love my glue gun. But have had to place an emergency (i.e. I paid for express postage) order for more glue gun sticks!

Night, all.

And night Jock. 

• Like 13

A selection of photos from our recent Belgium trip.

St Pancreas.

Late FiL's gun we found in his room (the 2nd we have found)

attachicon.gif

That “revolver” should only fire “blanks”. Don’t try using ammunition in it......

Best, Pete.

PS G’night Jock!

Edited by trisonic
  • Like 5

I mentioned a couple of days ago some geography homework that was in production. With a little steering/grotty jobs* from dad, this is pretty much  my daughter's own work.

attachicon.gifBurn o' Vat 001.JPG

attachicon.gifBurn o' Vat 002.JPG

Polystyrene rocks with baby wipes soaked in plaster, *Halfords grey primer and then burnt umber acrylic paint, glue gun for the waterfall, with a dab of white paint, varnish for the water, lichen and scatter. Backscene and front scenes from our own site visits over the years. 4mm figure to add scale.   

EDIT: Just as I was typing this a post appeared from the person we have all been hoping to hear from. Thanks, Stuart, for hooking Jock up! 

I have long been of the opinion that if the female side entered our hobby en mass us mere males would stand no chance

Night all

Edited by laurenceb
  • Like 1

Evening all. It was good to see Jock put in an appearance earlier. Thoughts remain very much with him and with the other ER members facing various medical issues and treatments.

I made it over to the Sileby show this morning, all be it with Amber in tow. I will try and post a blog entry about the show tomorrow. To summarise though, it was a good little show with a decent number of layouts. Many of the layouts were from the steam era so it suited me. Any modern image visitors would have been less pleased. The show was busy and the venue can be quite cramped. That said it was an enjoyable visit, although I wish Amber had not wanted to drag me away from the layouts to the toilet on quite so many occasions.

We left just before 1pm and made it over to Quorn station just in time for a Loughborough bound steam service on the GC. Amber had pestered me throughout the morning to visit the line so I could hardly refuse. We had a nice return trip behind the N2 1744. Amber expressed her surprise that I chose a coffee rather than a beer from the buffet carriage. I rather think I have had enough over the last few days.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Evening everyone. A wet and miserable weather today, but brightened when our 2 youngest granddaughters came round. They were joined a little while later by our son James and his daughter, DiL had gone to Blackpool to visit her sick brother. The 3 girls really get on well together and had a nice time playing whilst us grown ups had a good old chat. Lunch, by request was pancakes served with maple syrup, mmmmm. After lunch they all sat and watched a film. Vickie and her partner Ian turned up with No 2 grandson mid afternoon, Ian's had all his stitches removed earlier in the week but his right hand is still very swollen and his grip is very poor because of the swelling. Lots of chat and tea consumed during their surprise visit. The 3 girls didn't have to try too hard to persuade James's to let them go round to his house for tea. So I took James and the girls home at about the same time as Vickie, Ian and No 2 grandson were leaving. Sheila then had the house to her self, if only for 45 minutes or so. As much as it's nice seeing all the kids and grandkids, it is also nice when we can sit down in the peace and quiet once they've all gone home, bliss. But can't wait to see them all again next week. Another bottle of red consumed with our Chinese meal.

I'm hoping to get a bit more (MERG) kit building done tomorrow, my latest MERG order arrived today, lots of lovely goodies and the bits to build a 5v power supply for the bits that I've already built. So hopefully I'll be able to play with what I've already built sometime in the afternoon.

Jock. Nice to hear from you, hope all goes well and keep on fighting, we're all rooting for you!

Pete. Body parts arch eh, not too keen on modern sculpture but it's very cleverly done, if not a little unusual. However, I do like the Dali inspired elephant and the melting clock.

Andy. I think Amber knows her Daddy very well! Our youngest granddaughter likes to drink her dads beer and wine when he's not looking.

Happy birthday Chris.

Goodnight all.

• Like 18

It wasgood to see the posting from Jock. . .My thoughts are with you . . . 

Also thinking of Debs and all who are unwell. 

Granddaughterr took me (and her mam) shopping today. . .It didn't cost me much . . .just lunch.

Another good night in my kitchen. . . a couple of beers, my mate, and a couple of guitars.

John

• Like 13