The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Dear oh dear! I bet that was a mess.

I seem to remember reading in the "Footplate Howlers" thread something similar from one of our members - that involved a vacuum braked freight with a Class 40 up front and a flock of sheep in a cutting. I think he was doing 90mph when he saw them and, after an emergency brake application, hit them at about 85. (The 40 wasn't renowned for its stopping power.) The rest is history (as were many of the sheep)

It was an Aberdeen-Glasgow passenger, not a freight, and they carried on into Queen Street! Here's the link (fourth item down).

Morning All,

The day is just dawning here - the sky is blue and the clouds are tinged with pink. It looks like it is going to be quite a nice day.

Glad your car problem turned out to be minor, Don - those sorts of problems are the best kind!

It was an Aberdeen-Glasgow passenger, not a freight, and they carried on into Queen Street! Here's the link (fourth item down).

My mistake - you are quite right. Thanks for posting the link!

Have a good day everyone...

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Slept like a rock again and will now try to get kick-started with the help of some coffee...

I found our rabbit Albert is quite fond of tickling my feet with his front paws last night :D . However, he doesn't much seem to like being tickled himself.

Have a nice day all!

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Nice and sunny here. I've been out to put the recycling out.

Robbie will enjoy warning me as all the different recycling lorries turn up this morning. He is currently letting me know about the window cleaners.

I'm scheduled to do some gardening today. Mrs S has been watching the weather forecast and thinks it is going to rain until about next week after today.'s nice weather.

Tony

I raise a cool cup of coffee in muted celebration as my website gets its 2000th hit.

Nothing by other standards but quite good for an esoteric subject I think.

Unfortunately, a member of the site has left.

The Single Mothers Forum of America has decided that the world of dioramas was a bit rich for their blood.

• RMweb Premium

Morning All

Lovely bright morning here at present, but forecast is for rain later, with heavy downpours overnight (again).

All thoughts of a lie in this morning thwarted as Mrs 45156 had to go out, and I discovered that a parcel that I was expecting from A*az*n is not coming by Royal Mail as per usual, but via a signed for carrier, and it is out for delivery today (probably) and as a result, I've had to get myself down in case the parcel arrives early.

Other than that, not a lot happening chez 45156 this morning at all.

Don pleased that your car is in good fettle again - luckily the vast majority of misfires do not mean major problems - I had a similar experience, and there was no power, and the engine fault light was flashing on and off - handbook said that this might mean a swrious problem and to drive slowly and as soon as possible to the nearest Ford garage. I did, and the mechanic said that this normally meant a failed HT lead - replaced them, and hey presto - car fine again for 20 quid.

DD as you reach 2000 hits (and well done for that - I was but one of them) the RMWeb membership approaches the unheard of total of 10000.

Regards to All

Stewart

Morning all!

Was meant to be across town on a training course today originally but it's a "project" day, so I'm doing research from home. Which is a very good thing as I'm coming down with something - zero energy, tired and sore throat... Here comes the man flu...

DD - congrats on the 2000 hits! One does wonder why the Single Mothers' Forum of America joined in the first place... Perhaps they were looking for dioramas in a large brassiere...

• RMweb Premium

I discovered that a parcel that I was expecting from A*az*n is not coming by Royal Mail as per usual, but via a signed for carrier, and it is out for delivery today (probably) and as a result, I've had to get myself down in case the parcel arrives early.

Stewart

Is that not typical - just checked with the A*az*n website again, as that was showing delivery estimate for tomorrow (23rd) and carrier is showing delivery estimate for today - just called the carrier to see who's more likely to be right, to be told that the parcel has not arrived at the delivery depot, is somewhere between the A*az*n warehouse and the delivery depot, and as the van has now gone, it will be tomorrow at the earliest! Oh well, I wanted to get up early - NOT.

• RMweb Gold

Is that not typical - just checked with the A*az*n website again, as that was showing delivery estimate for tomorrow (23rd) and carrier is showing delivery estimate for today - just called the carrier to see who's more likely to be right, to be told that the parcel has not arrived at the delivery depot, is somewhere between the A*az*n warehouse and the delivery depot, and as the van has now gone, it will be tomorrow at the earliest! Oh well, I wanted to get up early - NOT.

We are lucky here the local City Link /Amazon service has always worked well as has the Amazon/ Royal Mail special delivery. My wife has an Amazon Prime account(she buys a lot of books) and everything (if in stock) gets promoted to next day which is nice.

Tony

Just completed a second wrestling bout with the damaged Fridge.

It started to rain heavily.

SWMBO was worried that it would get wet.

For me, they're lucky it's not in the river but it's easier not to argue so I've brought it back into the dry.

• RMweb Gold

Just completed a second wrestling bout with the damaged Fridge.

It started to rain heavily.

SWMBO was worried that it would get wet.

For me, they're lucky it's not in the river but it's easier not to argue so I've brought it back into the dry.

Fridge wrestling sounds like something that would be popular on Eurosport, perhaps you should send them a programme proposal?

Morning All,

Another nice day here - although the forecasters are predicting that this will be the last nice day. I am just hoping that the sky will remain clear until nightfall tonight. As Dominik already mentioned, the Autumn equinox was this morning at 03:09 UTC - which makes it 04:09 in the UK and 05:09 here. The harvest moon will be visible tonight, as will Jupiter which is as close as it will be to the earth for many years. Jupiter will also be visible in the sky for the entire night - the only time that this will be the case in our lifetime. It is incredibly bright at the moment, and will be visible at moon rise just to the right of the moon.

Have a good day everyone...