The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Is it this one?

http://www.lidl-service.com/cps/rde/SID-35F5D087-40BAC9D7/lsp/hs.xsl/product.html?id=7928307&title=ESTACIÓN%20METEOROLÓGICA%20INALÁMBRICA

Scroll down to English instructions. I couldn't just attach the pdf I was over the RMWeb file limit slightly.

Same brand (Auriol), different model; seems to have a few extras, but I should be able to pick out the salient points - I'll have a go later. 

Thanks, Tony!

• Like 1

Afternoon all from Scottish HQ.  It was a frosty morning, and we had a sleet shower at lunchtime.

Keeping extremely busy after my short break in Oslo last week (I must upload a tram photo for Dom!).  Out last night and tonight at the James plays - last night was James I, tonight is James II.  I saw James III when they were first performed at the Edinburgh Festival in 2014.  They're self-contained so not an issue seeing them out of order.

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

So

£400 lighter but car has been serviced, 2 new tyres and new brake pads fitted and it passed its MoT...woopppiddoooo!

RANT MODE ON

New Sister Drac not happy with me....WARNING   NICE have reviewed all things to do with Diabetes down (that's blood pressures, Hb1a whatsit levels etc). .. are they just trying to push the NHS drug bill up past its current levels? Even Sister Drac was struggling to see what their  latest bulletin means. We had a very one sided discussion on Statins as in - stick em where the sun doesn't shine!  She accepted my view point but said you will end up on them.... why? is there a better way? what else can be done?  So round 2 is in a couple of months time..

RANT MODE OFF

Been a beautiful sunny day here although its a bit sharp. A walk  from and to the garage re the car allowed me to conduct my daily exercise schedule and observe some fantatsic bits of architecture around Headingley. Leeds has some fascinating buildings.

Baz

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

So

£400 lighter but car has been serviced, 2 new tyres and new brake pads fitted and it passed its MoT...woopppiddoooo!

RANT MODE ON

New Sister Drac not happy with me....WARNING   NICE have reviewed all things to do with Diabetes down (that's blood pressures, Hb1a whatsit levels etc). .. are they just trying to push the NHS drug bill up past its current levels? Even Sister Drac was struggling to see what their  latest bulletin means. We had a very one sided discussion on Statins as in - stick em where the sun doesn't shine!  She accepted my view point but said you will end up on them.... why? is there a better way? what else can be done?  So round 2 is in a couple of months time..

RANT MODE OFF

Been a beautiful sunny day here although its a bit sharp. A walk  from and to the garage re the car allowed me to conduct my daily exercise schedule and observe some fantatsic bits of architecture around Headingley. Leeds has some fascinating buildings.

Baz

Baz,

I duly told 'them' where to stick their statins several times (name your station - I told 'them' where to stick it) as a result of adverse side effects.  I am currently on Feno Fibrate instead, supposedly not as good as statins but allegedly better than subsisting on a diet of bacon sarnies and rare steaks (something wrong there then).  I shall hear my latest set of numbers, and no doubt get further 'advice' when I see the doctor for my 'review' the week after next and will advise accordingly.

The lat lot of numbers I was given I was told I had a 40% chance of dying early - this presumably meant I had a 60% chance of not dying early although I presumed I still had a 100% chance of dying; regrettably I was unable to suss out from that Doctor exactly what those numbers, or 'early', meant (and I don't think she understood either).

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I've just seen an advert for a "Ninja IQ extractor".

What I'm unsure of is;

A/ does it extract IQ by stealth

or

B/ does it extract IQ from Ninja's

The juries out.

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold

I've just seen an advert for a "Ninja IQ extractor".

What I'm unsure of is;

A/ does it extract IQ by stealth

or

B/ does it extract IQ from Ninja's

The juries out.

No idea, we are simple folk and have a mortar and pestle.
  • Like 13

• RMweb Gold

I've never discovered what a Ninja is, and the last time I did an IQ test - on Facebook a week ago - I then found they wanted money to tell me my score. Dream on!

An interesting day, and, let's be honest, they ain't all. Jon was due at 9 to continue painting my room, but there was no sign by 9.30, when the phone rang. It wasn't him, but was Sheena looking for him as her car wouldn't start. Polishing up my shining armour I hared off to her place, jump leads and battery charger at the ready. To no avail. Adding my battery to hers, with my engine running, even at quite some revs, produced no change at all, so I left the charger there and that was that. Jon eventually arrived about 10.30, citing thick fog at home in Alençon, but not explaining why he hadn't rung. Meanwhile Alison was engaged in her usual cleaning routine in a house thick with dust due to Jon's recent efforts in preparing the walls in my room.

All was then well until about midday, when Alison received a phonecall saying her missing and very elderly dog had been found dead, in the corner of one of her fields. While his demise had been assumed, the fact that the call came from her lover's FIL, a man known to be very nasty, led her, as a consummate conspiracy theorist, to assume that his hunters had run over or shot the animal 10 days ago and had now dumped the body.

Fast forward to mid-afternoon, and she and I were well-wellied and scouring the extremities of her 17 acres in the area reported. And there he was, obviously dead of natural causes. Poor old thing - anyone else would have got the vet to despatch him months ago - had wandered down this remote field and simply become entangled in brambles, as you might when almost blind and with no sense of smell either. He had clearly struggled to free himself and had a heart attack. He is now buried under the pear trees on the lawn.

I do hope your day went more smoothly!

A relaxed work day today which makes a change. I could get used to commuting up here rather than the south east and London.

Bill - I won't know until closer to the date but the 19th March sounds like a good time to put a few more faces to names.

• Like 12

Just watched a fascinating TV prog (Nova in the US) on the subject of how brains remember (or in my case, promptly forget.)

It seems that when we recall events, we do a sort of destructive read (a little bit like old-fangled computer core memory), relive the events in our minds, then restore and consolidate our recollection. The scary thing is it's possible to suggest things to people that never really happened, and they will "rewrite" a different version of events in their memory.

I seem to recall watching that program, too, but I don't remember that being said!

• RMweb Premium

Evening, tired out again!

May all those unwell or stressed have a better day tomorrow.

Thanks for the various advice about Multimeeces, I may just give Charlie Petty a ring tomorrow, Baz - oddly enough he was on the phone to us today, but I was out to lunch at the time.  No, really having lunch, not......ahem.   I don't use fancy Lenz panels, just home wired DiN sockets.  Cheaper....more money for trains.

• Like 7

Evening all,

Guys,

ALLY PALLY 19 March

We usually have an ER meeting on the Saturday.  I'm on the South Western Circle stand (may be incorporated in the Irwell Press stand).  How about a meet at 11:45am, and we can decide whether we wish to partake of alcoholic refreshment.

Bill

I'm usually at A.P. on the Sunday for two reasons: I can grab things needed and deliver them early to our stand and, if needed, I can help in the breakdown! Sorry, I'll miss the Saturday meet!

Busy day down here; forwent Club meet in favour of relaxant and fodder with no clearing up afterwards!

Have been offered an appointment for my colorectal pre-op so need to arrange the time off! Things are progressing!

Best wishes to all, ailing, suffering or otherwise.

Again we have to bear the Delirium Cafe to use the internet. However this provides me a chance to try Waterloo Triple Blonde, which to me is nicer than the Leffe Triple Blonde. 2nd tonight is Barista Chocolate Quad which tastes like cold coffee mixed with beer but is 11%. Tonights 3rd beer will follow.

Usual shopping expeditions have happened and my tee shirt collection has added 3 whereas my wife has acquired 3 outfits in the sales which with a €15 voucher meant spending €50. Bargain!

Tomorrow is MiL 80th and then we have 2 nights in Liege and meeting with friends. We are staying in a nice hotel outside Liege Guillemins Gare which is one of the most strikingly architectural stations I have ever seen.

• Like 16

K9 report.

She's now off the violent and frequent stinky deposits on the kitchen floor, and she's on the chicken. Not a great deal as yet but we have a wagging back end. We start the medication on Saturday.

Many thanks to everyone for the good wishes and support.

WAH tomorrow - still marking. And writing new stuff that's using real world data, so stats aren't perfect - they have to realise that the world will feed them difficulties.

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Evening, tired out again!

May all those unwell or stressed have a better day tomorrow.

Thanks for the various advice about Multimeeces, I may just give Charlie Petty a ring tomorrow, Baz - oddly enough he was on the phone to us today, but I was out to lunch at the time.  No, really having lunch, not......ahem.   I don't use fancy Lenz panels, just home wired DiN sockets.  Cheaper....more money for trains.

Charlie, on the phone...good job you were at lunch otherwise you would have missed it!

Baz

Liege Guillemins Gare which is one of the most strikingly architectural stations I have ever seen.

The rebuild in recent years has made it so! Just don't look at the climb out towards Bruxelles!

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Charlie, on the phone...good job you were at lunch otherwise you would have missed it!

Baz

I always find that if I've called Charlie, he's willing to talk. If he calls me, the first thing I hear is "would you accept a reverse charge call..................................?"

Cheers,

Mick

"............ Jon was due at 9 to continue painting my room, but there was no sign by 9.30, when the phone rang. It wasn't him, but was Sheena looking for him as her car wouldn't start. Polishing up my shining armour I hared off to her place, jump leads and battery charger at the ready. To no avail. Adding my battery to hers, with my engine running, even at quite some revs, produced no change at all, so I left the charger there and that was that.......

I do hope your day went more smoothly!

Poor Sheena - probably hoping for a knight on a white charger and, instead she gets a day with a black charger that won't do the business!

• RMweb Premium

Last day for 9 days tomorrow, no chance of POETS though meeting my line manager for an hour..... If I win the lottery tomorrow I have spotted a house I fancy a snip at £725,000!  About 30 years wages so no chance other than euromillions. I hope everybody has a good Friday.   

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold

Last day for 9 days tomorrow, no chance of POETS though meeting my line manager for an hour..... If I win the lottery tomorrow I have spotted a house I fancy a snip at £725,000!  About 30 years wages so no chance other than euromillions. I hope everybody has a good Friday.   

Cor that's cheap :O  :jester:   Actually the reason I say that is because there is a house for sale round the corner from us - currently a B&B it has almost as many bathrooms as bedrooms and looks very nice inside judging by the agent's pics although it has a very small garden (misleadingly implied to be bigger in the agent's pics of course) and has a virtually flat roof (although avery solid one.  the price for this gem is £1.475 million - and it's semi-detached.  I ask you, just short of 1.5 million quid for semi, no wonder it doesn't seem to be shifting when you can get a fair sized detached house in a bigger garden in a better location (such as with no through traffic) for less than that.

Didn't have the pancakes tonight either - Mrs Stationmaster having poorly tum so it was chippy time.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Sleep well!

Rick have a nice time on your days off!

I am up early to transport eldest Herbert to Leeds Railway station, then to morreasons for shopping , then off to meet a representative of Leeds City Council to arrange storage for all of our Club goods and chattels.

Baz

• RMweb Premium

Evening all. Had a good day in Lancaster sorting things out for May and doing a bit of research. it was good to meet Stewart (45156) and put a face to a name).

The trip up was interesting. It started in Morley on a 2 car 150/2 that was already packed and standing at 7.25 and was sardine like when 60 more of us joined it. Then a wait for my train to Lancaster but 5 minutes before we got a platform change to the other side of the station and ended up in a 142 which then rattled and bounced me for the next 2 hours. The ride on the jointed track from Settle Junction to Carnforth was very rough and my Su Doku looked as if it had been done by a spider.

The venue for Green Ayre looks good and we sorted out the logistics, parking, lorry approach etc. After lunch some measuring at Skerton bridge then an hour or so on Castle Station train spotting. Saw the southbound Colas Logs and wondered if Jim was driving it.

post-6824-0-52241900-1455231801_thumb.jpg

Then a 150 home, tea and a bit of work on the layout.

Not a bad day all in all.

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 19

Evening all. Cycled down to Bromley to collect a new pair of glasses, then train to Blackfriars and aimed at Borough High Street to deliver a document to the Diocesan office. Unfortunately, another cyclist took my road space, depositing me on the asphalt surface of Borough High Street. Patched up, then back to Royal Festival Hall for Mahler 3: one of those symphonies with a choir, so couldn't sit behind the orchestra.

Home for a catch up, the down to Southwark Bridge for a couple of days then my CFR test on Sunday. Be in touch on Monday.

Bill