The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

I stopped by at the course guidance office this afternoon to get some additional clues as to which seminars I should visit. I will, of course, need the official form from the State Teacher Training Office for a definitive statement, but the lady I talked to could make some suggestions which I'll try to heed once the registration system goes online on Wednesday.

I'm sure you will find something interesting, unless she was suggesting self defence or first aid courses!

Morning All,

The day is just dawning as I sit here in my office. The sky looks clear and I think it is going to be a nice, if rather cold, day. The temperature was a chilly 6°C when I drove to work through the forest.

Looking out of the window, there are a couple of pink tinged clouds and vapour trails so I guess the sun will be rising soon.

Have a good day everyone...

• RMweb Premium

Morning all!

As Robert said, it would seem this is going to be another nice day. Will see my doc later this morning - better get some checks done which I've been meaning to have run before uni starts.

Cheerio... :D

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Mist is clearing but as yet unable to accurately discern the number of oktas. Definitely an autumn morning. Murphy's law says that the day we book an engineer to come and attend to the ailing microwave I have a meeting in the office. Of course he will ring up and say he is coming exactly in the timeslot I will be out of the house. He's only coming to change the bulb that lights up the inside of the bloomin thing which apparently requires a Panasonic trained engineer! As we've only had it a couple of months there aren't many choices. Could have done the job myself in 10 minutes. Mutter, mutter...

Hope the car problem is only something simple Don. Flippin' nuisance and invariably expensive when they go wrong.

Have a good one all.

Cheers

Dave

What do you drive Don?

As Stubby said, it could well be the HT leads. I've had that happen too - over time, the hot environment of the engine bay can cause them to break down.

On the other hand, head gaskets aren't always that expensive to replace. If you have to have the head skimmed, then that can be pricey but that isn't always necessary. Why do you suspect the head gasket? Mayo under the oil filler cap? Oil in the coolant? Oil leaking from around the head gasket?

• RMweb Gold

Morning all - bit on the misty side here, but sun is supposed to break through. I have the manager + HR visit this morning, so waffle is definitely on the menu (from both sides!)

I don't know whether I'm cut out for modelling - everything I touch seems not to work out at the moment. Never mind, will persevere for a bit longer.

I hate cars when they go wrong, I used to do most of it myself but you can't do a lot on modern cars. I wish I was in my son's position - he never stays in a job longer than three years, always betters himself and has just got a new one paying lots of dosh. Yesterday he ordered himself 30 grands worth of Audi on the firm. obviously he pays tax on it, but no insurance, road tax or maintenance worries.

Mind you, I wouldn't want to work as hard as he has to!

Guest Max Stafford

My bad news today is that I drove home yesterday with only three cylinders firing.

I am waiting for the garage to phone me with news of what is wrong.

I fear it's the cylinder head gasket! :(

That's just how I feel when I'm on the night shift Don...! ;)

Dave.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

It's not often I say much on the forum any more.

Far too busy with coursework at the moment and I have a piece of geography due in today. Let's just hope the college printers are working for once. laugh.gif

Cold cycle in today - in fact I had to wear my cycling gloves. Beautiful scenery though with the fog still hanging around - managed to get some photos which I'll upload later on. In fact, the fog is still hanging around now. I'm sat outside and actually am managing to get internet connection out here which is surprising.

It's quite dangerous sat out here - I've almost got hit in the face by a football already.

Don - hope it's not as bad as it sounds!

We'll I'll sign in a bit later. smile.gif

Before.

It got hit by a Land Rover and projected into my car.

Like hitting a frozen turkey at 60mph.

Took out all the 'glass' and the bulbs.

Then my luck changed. Found a branch of German & Swedish in Cardiff and they had a cluster in stock.

Saved a huge amount over buying from a Volvo dealer.

Here is your am report from the NYCM area. 75f and Sunny - will be getting warmer tomorrow through Saturday, highs expected to reach 88f. It's the end of Summer today isn't it?

After heading for the Canadian Maritimes, unusually Igor will go in a north west direction.

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Premium

...Like hitting a frozen turkey at 60mph. ...

My mind boggles as to how and where you experienced hitting a frozen Turkey at 60mph such that you can compare. Then again this is DD...

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Before.

It got hit by a Land Rover and projected into my car.

Like hitting a frozen turkey at 60mph.

Took out all the 'glass' and the bulbs.

Then my luck changed. Found a branch of German & Swedish in Cardiff and they had a cluster in stock.

Saved a huge amount over buying from a Volvo dealer.

Did you cook it (the pheasant, not the Volvo)? We used to have a 340 GLE Volvo and ours was the version with the "prettier" front bumper. If anything needed doing to the headlight the bumper had to be removed. I found a "used parts" (when did they stop being scrap yards?) place very handy for that particular car. Actually I always hoped they would make an error and crush it while I purchasing something, I didn't like that car. The front light clusters on my present car look as if they would be horribly expensive to replace, though they should be easy to remove. Unless I've misread the handbook, replacing a light bulb seems to require removal of the whole lamp unit.

Tony

My mind boggles as to how and where you experienced hitting a frozen Turkey at 60mph such that you can compare. Then again this is DD...

Cheers

Dave

It's a "Mythbusters" moment!

I just looked at Channel 7 New York's weather forecast and they say it is a chilly start to today - it's 59f outside!

Best, Pete.