The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

I'm reading that the shooting incident yesterday appears to have been the sad end of a case of domestic violence. Two of those who were killed were the former partner and son of the woman who committed the crime. The third was an orderly working at the hospital across the street; the woman herself was eventally shot dead by the police. Three other persons were wounded.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

There was some very gentle drizzle here earlier but the cloud that produced it seems to be moving to the east.. I've got lots of small tasks today. Visit opticians (replacement glasses), visit doctor's surgery for repeat prescriptions, and then sort out meals.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Morning all.

visit doctor's surgery for repeat prescriptions,

Tony

I guess we're quite lucky here, as the local Boots will hold repeat lists, order items from the Doctor and if you need it, deliver the prescriptions to your home. One phone call covers it.

Pretty awful again this morning here - not raining, but nor far away as far as I can see. Seemed to rain most of last night. Mick, you came through what we've been getting here recently as you drove back from Carlisle.

As usual, not a lot happening here except the usual being effectively housebound. Two more weeks of this, and I should be able to get some weight down.

Regards

Stewart

3:30 am NY. Weather expected to be 75f and Sunny this Monday. Bermuda is getting it from Igor today and it seems that the edge of the cloud shield is visible to the East of us (when I went out for a fag). The problem for Bermuda is that it is passing just to the north west of the island so they will be getting the worst of the "hump" in the water.

Locals are predicting high surf and nasty undertow at beaches here today.

Stay dry in Britain.

Best, Pete.

Good morning all.

I have been holding back on updating current situation as it is still totally uncertain. However I have been told to keep going until one current job is completed, which will probably keep me going till the end of this week, or even longer (Friday is a public holiday)

So I am still with you. Hip, hip.

Grey, miserable looking weather! We have had a couple of Spring days, but today is back to Winter.

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all.

I have been holding back on updating current situation as it is still totally uncertain. However I have been told to keep going until one current job is completed, which will probably keep me going till the end of this week, or even longer (Friday is a public holiday)

So I am still with you. Hip, hip.

Grey, miserable looking weather! We have had a couple of Spring days, but today is back to Winter.

Nice to hear from you again.

I thought perhaps the dull weather was clearing here but another lump of cloud has appeared. Some rain is predicted this afternoon while the ODI cricket is on, but don't bet on it.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Bright with oktas hereabouts. Working at home day today and I have the pleasure(?) of reading through a bunch of software security specifications and proposals. Nothing like a bit of excitement on a Monday! Have a good one all.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Premium

It must be autumn. I've just had a letter telling me when the flu jab clinics will be.

I got mine about two weeks ago, and have already booked in - but yes, Tony it's autumn now - you can tell as the rain starts to get colder - oh yes, and the street disappears under a load of leaves which also block the drains.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all - another late start as up late last night watching music on tv. Just having a cuppa then have to clean the public rooms as boss and HR are paying another visit tomorrow. There's a lot going on at work apparently, the new man at the top thinks that handing out disciplinaries like sweets is the way forward.

I really don't want to go back to work.

• RMweb Gold

I got mine about two weeks ago, and have already booked in - but yes, Tony it's autumn now - you can tell as the rain starts to get colder - oh yes, and the street disappears under a load of leaves which also block the drains.

Our flu clinics are arranged as "join a queue on any of the following dates". We try to make a family outing of the occasion. When I first had the flu jab I seemed to be the youngest person there, now I fit in quite nicely! Matthew had to have a swine flu jab last year as he was living with "at risk" parents. He didn't complain though.

We have been having a photographic morning. Matthew can get a young persons railcard from his bank and the photo that you scan in needs to be like a passport photo. We did get it done in the end but of course I couldn't find the lead to connect the camera to the computer, the camera battery was dead and none of the photos I already had had a plain background and frankly in the time it would have taken me to photoshop the background the camera would have charged up. In the end I just scanned his bus-pass photo and that looked OK.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Our flu clinics are arranged as "join a queue on any of the following dates".Tony

My last Dr did them that way - hired a local hall, got as many people as possible there on the same day, and got as many trained staff as he could there (doctors as well) and we all stood in a line, when we got near the front of the line, rolled up a sleeve, then went to the next medical person who administered the jab. It got the job done, but was a little public!

I've got to have the flu jab as I've got diabetes, so like you, I also used not to fit in while in the queue due to the age difference.

• RMweb Premium

I stopped by at the course guidance office this afternoon to get some additional clues as to which seminars I should visit. I will, of course, need the official form from the State Teacher Training Office for a definitive statement, but the lady I talked to could make some suggestions which I'll try to heed once the registration system goes online on Wednesday.

Think I'll fix a cup of decaf now as a non-alcoholic digestif :) .

I thought the England team might have thrown a strop after being accused of throwing the last game for money rather than the usual reasons given for England teams to lose.

Anyone accusing England of orchestrating a batting collapse deliberately clearly hasn't paid any attention to England's record over the last 50 years!! They're perfectly capable of collapsing without any outside interference. Hanlon's Razor...

• RMweb Gold

Anyone accusing England of orchestrating a batting collapse deliberately clearly hasn't paid any attention to England's record over the last 50 years!! They're perfectly capable of collapsing without any outside interference. Hanlon's Razor...

and Pakistan were playing more like the team they were supposed to be as well today.