The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

I spent the new year watching Jools Hootin' his nanny. . . . .A very enjoyable do, . I hope it will be available on I-player thingy . . . 

Before that, my mate came round to show of his purchase from the Shildon event last Sunday . . . A sound fitted Railroad class 40, and because my track is "N", he brought an oval of track..

Gordon . .. Congratulations on becoming a grandad. . . Like all little ones she;s a Cutie.

Jock . . . . Good to see your posting . . .pleased it seems to have gone well.

Dave  . . .Good to see the 'photo of Is  smiling.

Lets hope for a little more peace and understanding for the coming year.

Goodnight everyone . .. Sweet dreams.

John

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold

Goodnight all and happy new year.

I thought I would struggle to stay awake much after 10 but Aditi noticed that Bryan Adams was playing before and after the Big Ben and fireworks. She likes Bryan so we stayed up to watch the programme.

Tony

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold

Still 2015 here in LA.

Just walked thru the secure area with our ruck sacks however that area will be locked down around 8pm whrn all such bags are banned. Now sitting in Angel City Brewing drinking superb beer looking out onto a court filled with good vendors, one even cutting their own fries and hand making burgers from minced meat. Chinese food also available very fresh. LA Cakes have just turned up in their tiny little van. No time to start dieting.

I doubt that we will last time midnight after what we had been sampling in Long Beach but with a fantastic room overlooking a good part of the upcoming celebrtions we should see quite a bit in comfort.

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

thats me done for the night, back through the door at 04:00, old oak common to bescot at 50mph max speed, midnight was spent passing through saunderton and there were some very impressive fireworks at princes risborough too

as i pulled up outside the house in the van i noticed the wind has taken the wooden side gate off, ripped the hinges out of the post, and a rear fence panel has come loose, a job for this afternoon when i get up, a good excuse to go in the layout shed 'for my tools' and get a bit distracted

• Like 4

Stream didn't join the celebrations so all well.

My post last night was tongue in cheek (for a change!) but thank you for all the support.

Aditi was right, Tony.

Adams was terrific. 

'Everything I do' rang through our house as I sang along.

The cat went out.

So, it's arrived. The happiest of years to all. 2016.

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold

Happy New Year!

Have not managed to attend much for a couple of days, but did catch a glimpse above of Is looking lovely, and Sherry and I enjoyed that.

We hope 2016 brings you all happiness, health and enough wealth.

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Morning all! I admit we crashed out not long after midnight, mainly due to Elise's cold. Coffee's ready, so I'll see to properly waking up first…

Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

For a moment there, I read that as "Bloodwine"…  :O

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

Morning all. We kept a radio and the tele on until something past midnight to distract the dogs. Worked moderately well. The collie must be getting old slept through it. The little terrier did hear the bangs and was following me round or hiding under the bed.

Regards Don

Morning all.  Happy new year to you. I fell asleep before Jools's party and woke up after it had finished, so the bottle of Asti is still in the fridge, possibly for another year.

No 2 son took me out yesterday to help me get a new telephone. I am now the proud possessor of a Samsung Galaxy J5 (I think). It is very pretty and, whilst complicated, I am finding it much easier to use than the old one because the screen seems to respond to touch and swipe better than the old one.

Ed

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from a grey and overcast village north of Ikea.   Happy New Year to all and Sundry.  

First of all great to see Is looking so well and glad that Jock seems to have done well.  I suppose we must NOT make him laugh fro the moment.

Gordon, congratulations on joining the grandparent club.  We haven't don that yet as Beth reminds the kids most times she sees them.

Anyway we had a great time with some friends last night.  We all watched Jools at midnight and I was vey impressed with Jeff Beck ding some brilliant guitar work on Nutbush City Limits.

A large variety of various tipples was consumed/tasted and we eventually got home about 2.40am.   Beth is still abed so I've had a peaceful breakfast.  Daughter and partner are visiting later then it's off to the outlaws for a late lunch then on to some friends.  

Regards to everyone and hope you all keep safe and dry.

Jamie

• Like 11