The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Festive felicitations to all....

Oddest gift opened this morning has to be a third hand pair of Alan Bennett cassette tapes....the recordings may be good but it is around 10yrs since we had a cassette player.

Have a great day

Dave

Merry Christmas to the least troublesome collective on the site; have a great day everyone.

....and all the best to you & the team from the ERs Andy....shouldn't it be a red tin hat with a white bobble, rather than a Santa hat?

Dave

Edited by Torr Giffard LSWR 1951-71
  • Like 5

Merry Christmas everyone.

Spare a thought for those (me!) who are away from family, friends and home. Today I'm in Hangzhou, China and not a decoration in sight, it seems the Chinese don't do Christmas!

And to top it all. I set my alarm 3 hours too early for today's flight....what a dimwit!

Festive felicitations to all....

Oddest gift opened this morning has to be a third hand pair of Alan Bennett cassette tapes....the recordings may be good but it is around 10yrs since we had a cassette player.

Have a great day

Dave

Think we may have one in the loft - if we can find it do you want it? However it's going to take some finding, so immediacy is not able to be on offer.

• Like 2

....thanks for the offer but the couple who gave us the tapes have the player to copy them onto CDs, so I'll be giving them a couple of blank discs and the tapes back.

Cheers

Dave

Edited by Torr Giffard LSWR 1951-71
  • Like 13

• RMweb Premium

Merry Christmas to the least troublesome collective on the site; have a great day everyone.

We can soon put a stop to that....but I think we can stay here being an oasis of peace and quiet. (Well at least some of the time!)

Baz

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

....thanks for the offer but the couple who gave us the tapes have the player to copy them onto CDs, so I'll be giving them a couple of blank discs and the tapes back.

Cheers

Dave

.... and next year someone else can say "oddest gift I opened this morning had to be a fourth hand ....."

• Like 1

Merry Christmas everyone.

Spare a thought for those (me!) who are away from family, friends and home. Today I'm in Hangzhou, China and not a decoration in sight, it seems the Chinese don't do Christmas!

And to top it all. I set my alarm 3 hours too early for today's flight....what a dimwit!

....not even a Christmas takeaway?

Hope that you're able to be with family next year

Dave

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all, Happy Christmas.

I was up early to put the turkey in the oven. I had everything ready last night so I didn't spend ages looking for things I needed. We may even have enough time to all take Robbie for a walk before family arrive at about 12.30. Otherwise Matthew can take him and return with a description of how other people have dressed their dogs as reindeer.

Breakfast has been eaten and presents opneed. Aditi liked her nutmeg grater which had been hiding as a tree decoration, she also liked a history book about The Netherlands. Matthew had already started his chocolate orange and looked suitably confused by his bicycle tools. I like my loco. It is one I probably wanted when I was 10 years old.

Tony

• Like 17

All that needs to be cooking by this time is cooking. At the moment we're on track. 

If we've forgotten things - tough.

No alcohol consumed yet - well, merely a taste of the stuff that went onto the cooking - just to make sure, you understand.

Now need more coffee.
  • Like 16

Morning all and Happy Christmas.

Cooking duties for me today which fortunately doesn't need to start till about 11:00.

A light breakfast this morning and coffee consumed but more coffee required.

No alcohol today as I'm on call. :O

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

Kids stayed in bed til 09:00 and now the front room looks like a bomb site, both very happy got the main pressies they asked for (and more!)

Lots of lego building for me later, which i dont mind, 2 space and 2 scooby doo sets to build up, got the eldest some 'warhammer' stuff which i have absolutly no interest in and he really wants to play that later, a few lagers with dinner may help get through that one

I actualty got the warhammer stuff from the alsager model railway show back earlier in the year from the club sales stand someone was selling on 4 sets so i grabbed them at a bargain price

• Like 18