The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Opened a Christmas present today - just to check all was in good order, you understand - to find a pocketable mp3 player. Should be quite useful whilst doing boring jobs such as cleaning the house or using a flamethrower on the "garden".

It came preloaded with 100 tracks; I gather that there was a choice between 50s, 60s and 70s, and the sender, Helen's great-uncle, had chosen the 70s. Thinking that there might be some Clapton or Paul Simon, or some of the New Wave towards the end of the decade, I started to listen. I gave up less than halfway through, with the standout track thus far being "Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep". There was a Chuck Berry song - you guessed it - "My Ding a Ling".

I think that my present for Uncle John is rather better chosen; I knew that he didn't already have a biography of IKB, whom he admires, so that was an easy one. 

Next year, I'll have to drop a few hints that, if in doubt, he'd be on surer ground with something by Handel or JS Bach...

• Like 2

Evening all. A long and tiring day that definitely didn't go to plan. I've not got enough time to trawl through todays posts so generic congratulations and commiserations as they apply.

BoD - I hope today went to plan.

Jock - Here's hoping that a decent nights sleep was obtained last night and can be tonight

Night all

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Our Christmas Card has been posted on Camel Quay and the 2015 Christmas Card thread.

And as a bonus, a video of the Christmas display in the hand-made chocolate shop window in Caernarfon, taken this afternoon.  Hope you like it.  Treats like this are rare around here and the chocolates are gorgeous.

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold

day 2 of our london break, shrek adventure, london eye, sea life and a ride on a london bus all done in the day and this evening went to see wicked, the kids loved it, surprised the 6 year old stayed awake throughout, absolutely enthralled by it

yesterday we did tussauds, a brief look in the sherlock holmes shop and the thing the kids were most excited about, seeing danger mouses 'house' a post box on the corner of baker st

having a lie in tomorrow then into town for the afternoon, dom wants to do m+m's world, then possibly covent garden as we have charlie and the chocolate factory in the evening which is on the edge of covent garden

• Like 15

day 2 of our london break, shrek adventure, london eye, sea life and a ride on a london bus all done in the day and this evening went to see wicked, the kids loved it, surprised the 6 year old stayed awake throughout, absolutely enthralled by it

yesterday we did tussauds, a brief look in the sherlock holmes shop and the thing the kids were most excited about, seeing danger mouses 'house' a post box on the corner of baker st

having a lie in tomorrow then into town for the afternoon, dom wants to do m+m's world, then possibly covent garden as we have charlie and the chocolate factory in the evening which is on the edge of covent garden

For a fun meal for the kids go to the Rain Forest Cafe near Piccadilly Circus the kids will find it amazing.

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from a darkened village.

Mention has been made of favourite Christmas Songs and one of mine (A spacemen came travelling ) was mentioned by ChrisF

This one I'd never hear before last night when it featured n our Carol Service but it gripped me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK8xB1opuQ8&list=PLxRyLGzwmz3eGE1MVhHRonUt8kmKwyt34

Goodnight all and all the best to BoD.

Jamie

• Like 10

Morning all,

Had a busy but lovely day today and I'm so tired that I'm going to see how much I can catch up before the sleep overtakes me! Forgive my generic greetings tonight, and I'll try to post in good time later today.

I did however seek out Warren's post - we'll also be thinking of you later today mate, although a more complex operation, it is still fairly routine and I'm sure you'll sail through it with your positive attitude!

Kind regards,

Jock.

G'night Pete! G'night All.

• RMweb Premium

Mawnin' awl. Something or other woke me up early, so here I am… Fingers crossed for your op, Warren. I'm sure you'll be fine. I admit I'd probably feel a bit apprehensive if I needed to have ophthalmic surgery, though!

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

A follow-up article to the above indicates the driver had exceeded the safe limit of 15 kph, with the Vienna Transport Authority quoted as saying no technical fault could be found on the tram. In any case, I suppose the result could have been a lot worse.

• RMweb Premium

Hey up!

Was fast asleep till her indoors decided it was time for a mug of tea.

A bit of shopping at moreasons to do - the staff at our local shop are very nice , the ones in a nearby alldi aren't. Just shows how each shop has a personality of its own.

Once shopping done I have been told to sort out the cleaning of my work room. It has to be tidied up...why? Cos its Christmas.

Have a great day and hope everything goes well BoD.

Baz

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

Morning from a very wet and blustery Surrey. Whilst sitting in the conservatory this morning weathering the Dapol 73 the conservatory roof was creaking in the gusts (not from me, no beans last night).

Last night we planned on swapping cars but the one in mums garage wouldn't start. Found out that I had left the interior light on when we put it in there over a week ago after looking for a pair of misplaced specs. Got it jump started but couldn't drive it with the lights on otherwise it would go to cut out, so it's back in the garage with the trickle charger connected up for the holidays.

Batteries charged and spare phone with a Three data card in it (for Internet access when moving about as its free roaming in the USA) ready to be packed.

At work today one of our directors is going to have his yearly chuck anything he can lay his hands on into a skip. Last year he threw away important stuff my assistant had been working on so we lost some important records. This year I have created a pile for him to throw away on the hoping he will be satisfied that he's found something to throw and leave the rest of my stuff alone!

Trains on time this morning but the bus got later and later so we didn't have chance to get to the sorting office to pick up a package from Coastal DCC.

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 1

Wet and windy again this morning.

I will have to call in the plumber again today as we have sprung a leak in the feed to the dishwasher. Fortunately I can isolate it and we don't use the dishwasher much so it's not that urgent.

Steph only has two days to go at work. Yesterday she managed to trip over a step when carrying stuff out to the car. There seems to have been a lot of blood but no serious injuries.

Hope all goes well with Bod today.