The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

If you still have a local HMRC office then go there and speak to a real person. I always found ours extremely helpful. Obviously take relevant documents, not sure how you prove a negative though! It's probably quicker to go there than to phone the helpline thingy.

Ed

Choose any tax office you like, anywhere in the country.

Walk there.

It's still probably quicker than phoning the helpline thingy.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Just been watching countryfile (mainly for the weather for the coming week), the program finished with an item on the Glen Ord whiskey distillery. Out of interest I Googled Glen Ord and it don't come cheap, up to £525 a bottle! :O  Just as well that I drink very little alcohol and then only the occasional beer or wine.

Edited by PhilJ W

• RMweb Gold

Just been watching countryfile (mainly for the weather for the coming week), the program finished with an item on the Glen Ord whiskey distillery. Out of interest I Googled Glen Ord and it don't come cheap, up to £525 a bottle! :O  Just as well that I drink very little alcohol and then only the occasional beer or wine.

Nooooo! That much?.

I was rather hoping you were going to say it was an Aldi special and on offer at £5.25 :angel:

• RMweb Premium

Good evening to all you ER's. This is my first post on this thread, although I must admit I have been reading (and enjoying) it for the last couple of weeks now. So I thought that it was time I took up the pen, well the finger anyway and joined in. Friday evening I was at my works Christmas Dinner, held in Central Manchester! Several tequilas downed during the evening but not to many, because I wanted to be up early for the Manchester Model Railway show. I spent most of Saturday there parting with lots of cash and coming home with a huge bag full of goodies. Today has been spent dragging out all the festive decorations and dressing the tree. Back to work tomorrow after a week off. My wife and I spent a couple of days in Harrogate where we caught up with some friends who were also staying there. A great time had by all as we sat round the table in the pub eating our meals, drinking a few pints and putting the world to right.

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Evening.

Groudle survived pretty much unscathed, apparently the glen was very sheltered in that wind direction.  A fair bit of flood water minor damage, nothing much.  We completed.....sort of.....pre-Santa train preparations and gave 'Annie' and 'Sea Lion'  (the big one) a quick run to check all is well - sounded great storming up the 1 in 33 with all 3 new coaches. 

We top-and-tail Santa trains as there isn't time to run around - I'm firing (and some driving) on Annie next weekend on the downhill end - we still get to make a lot of noise going up though!  carriage shed floor is almost finished, and the stock is now all indoors once more.  That is why there have been few photos of late, the 3 bogie coaches and two diesels have been living outside for a month under the station canopy, with just some security fencing around them - we didn't want to advertise the fact! 

So a mixed day - started by driving the works train diesel, ended up grovelling around in the mud fitting fishplates to new sidings to get the stock in the carriage shed!

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

Welcome aboard Brian - this is a very supportive place, where we look after one another. Odd, but it works......digital friends!

I have noticed Brian posting on the music game threads. So welcome to this very pleasant bit of the forum too!

Tony

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Thanks to all how have welcomed me to this forum. Support is one the things that I have noticed on this forum especially for those who have serious illnesses. Support is a vital part of the healing process, this I know from experience.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Good evening to all you ER's. This is my first post on this thread, although I must admit I have been reading (and enjoying) it for the last couple of weeks now.

It takes a lot longer than two weeks to work out what goes on here.

I've been trying tor ten years.

Welcome.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Just like family members eh? Like I said earlier, I've been reading this thread for a few weeks now and some of the comments sounded as though it were something that I'd have said myself. So it seems that I'll fit in here nicely. I've been PLAYING some of the games on here for a while now, so I guess that's why I sound like some of you guys already. Thanks again for all the welcome messages.

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Oh no, I've been found out within hours of my first post.

• RMweb Premium

Went round there in May and thoroughly enjoyed it.   The bottle that's in my cupboard cost considerably less than £525.  IIRC the Singleton of Ord is produced purely for the far eastern market with a different ratio of bourbon and sherry casks to the other two Singletons that other distilleries produce for the American and European markets.  See I was paying attention when we went round.

Jamie

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Oh no, I'm just very naughty. With many posts, my tongue is very firmly placed in my cheek.

• Like 5