The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Just had an Ad through on e-mail from Premier Inn.

"Win with Shaun the Sheep!"

Do I have to sleep with it?

Lenny Henry was bad enough.

Me too

They must expect us to shear the sheep between us.

Evenin' all ;)

I've been road learning from Acton Wells Junction to Battersea today and I have a question... why do the commuters at Chiswick, Barnes, Putney, Wandsworth and Clapham all look so bleeding miserable...? Not a single happy face amongst them! They're all youthful, smartly dressed, intelligent looking types armed to the back teeth with the latest smartphones, iphones, ipads, earphones and ipods, yet to a man / woman they look as to all intents and purposes thoroughly downtrodden and miserable!

Edited by Rugd1022

• RMweb Gold

Evenin' all ;) 

I've been road learning from Acton Wells Junction to Battersea today and I have a question... why do the commuters at Chiswick, Barnes, Putney, Wandsworth and Clapham all look so bleeding miserable...? Not a single happy face amongst them! They're all youthful, smartly dressed, intelligent looking types armed to the back teeth with the latest smartphones, iphones, ipads, earphones and ipods, tyet to a man / woman they look as miserable as sin!

'Cos they all have mega-mortgages and an unreasonable, mean boss who doesn't pay quite enough!
  • Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Evening.

Oh dear, what can I add but to offer the usual ER's support to Is and Dave, Simon, Mal.....and anyone else in need......really, this awful disease really needs to be understood and beaten. I give thanks to only having knackered hips, mere bagatelle in comparison.

Mad day at work with some staff sickness and of course as you may imagine this is a busy time of year for us!  Still enjoy it though, the world of difference to battling internal politics from my old job continues to keep me smiling.  4 of 9 in my old team have moved on now after many years of steady staffing when I was there.....I like to think I had some influence in that stability.

I certainly didn't manage an early finish today and the standard of driving kept doing downhill as the day progressed including several not having any lights on when it got dark.

Dave (TG) - I have been contemplating what to write, however, I couldn't find the right words. But, Ian certainly has.

Gordon - It sounds like a very successful outcome for your mother.

When it comes to my own education, I can honestly say that I could have done a lot better if I'd tried but I was only interested in subjects that had an obviously practical outcome. The majority of what can be achieved by any individual is down to their own drive and the support of the family and certainly not class or background

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Had a good couple of hours drinking beer from the Big Hug brewery. Actually ended up sharing a table with one of the Brewers.

I have heard of hobo Brewer but he's the first one I have met.

No they don't drive trains or live on the street but the basically brew their beers at other breweries rather than have their own equipment and place.

A neat way to get into brewing without the expense but they do have grand plans.

The three beers we treid were all different to the usual UK standard types With quite distinctive tastes without being a rocket fuel strength.

Might have to go back and try them again tomorrow if there is any left.

• Like 14

Evenin' all ;)

I've been road learning from Acton Wells Junction to Battersea today and I have a question... why do the commuters at Chiswick, Barnes, Putney, Wandsworth and Clapham all look so bleeding miserable...? Not a single happy face amongst them! They're all youthful, smartly dressed, intelligent looking types armed to the back teeth with the latest smartphones, iphones, ipads, earphones and ipods, yet to a man / woman they look as to all intents and purposes thoroughly downtrodden and miserable!

I remember a week of commuting from Berkshire into London 30 years ago. Every single person on the train looked downtrodden and miserable then as well, and all they had for entertainment was the morning paper! Looks like only the technology has changed over time.

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from a darkened village.   Beth's X ray went well this morning .and we got home late morning.  She gets the results in a fortnight.  Till then life will go on as normal.  

I set off to the auction after lunch and had an interesting time.  I came away with a tray of 24 Slater's wagon kit boxes.  I've just opened these and found an eclectic mixture of Oldbury, ABS, Coopercraft, Slaters and other kits emerged along with three boxes of various other items.   Many of the boxes had two kits in them.  I all I've ended up with over 30 wagons of various types, 17 of which will fit on Green Ayre.   It was an interesting experience.  I will now sell the other kits on Ebay to replenish my piggy bank.  

Anyway, regards to everyone.

Jamie

• Like 16

Evening all from a darkened village.   Beth's X ray went well this morning .and we got home late morning.  She gets the results in a fortnight.  Till then life will go on as normal.  

I set off to the auction after lunch and had an interesting time.  I came away with a tray of 24 Slater's wagon kit boxes.  I've just opened these and found an eclectic mixture of Oldbury, ABS, Coopercraft, Slaters and other kits emerged along with three boxes of various other items.   Many of the boxes had two kits in them.  I all I've ended up with over 30 wagons of various types, 17 of which will fit on Green Ayre.   It was an interesting experience.  I will now sell the other kits on Ebay to replenish my piggy bank.  

Jamie,

You don't happen to have acquired an Oldbury Midland Railway 4 wheel coach? Either full 1st or full 3rd?

Bill

Jamie

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Shaun the Sheep in Premier Inn?  All I've got to do is look out the bedroom window and count 'em...

1...  :lazy:

....Wakey Wakey!...

Oh! Sorry! Did I drop off?

Edit: Forgot to mention - had lamb shanks for tea...more tomorrow...(my old fashioned top-up stew pot)

Edited by southern42
  • Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Jamie

Often the way things can work out at auctions Jamie (but not always, sometimes it all goes wrong and the wrong boxes are even more wrong than you were expecting).  One auction lot I bought was basically for the figures I thought it contained as there were a few near the top of the other junk - underneath there were another 200+ along with several ABS wagon kits in original packaging, unopened. It can be great fun if you're careful and don't worry about dealers - if the box contents are all over the place when they check a few of them they won't bid high, too much risk for them.

Anyway g'night all and trusting for better news on the health front all round tomorrow.  BTW Ian (OD) which day do you have in mind for heading down west next week?

• Like 15