The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Morning All,

It is a rather depressing morning here today. Cloudy, dark, grey and although it isn't at the moment, it has been raining.

I need a holiday! Still, I've got to wait until the middle of October - I'm hoping to get over for the Uckfield show.

Have a good day everyone...

Good morning,

Fairly overcast but no sign of rain and it's fairly warm, Forecast is a max o 23.

It feels like Spring :D

Gordon, I've just read yor latest on Eastwood Town. It seems you have become a model Engineer! Congratulations. :P

What's your news Jam?

And Phil and Stewart, how's progress?

• RMweb Premium

Morning all!

Weather's really bleh indeed - though on the plus side, I slept quite well, much better than during the heat of summer anyway. Coffee's brewing as I type this and I'm hungry already.

Have a nice day all - and remember it's Hump Day :) .

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

Very happy indeed to see that Don is about! biggrin.gif

As for news, Don - check my blog here for layout/exhibition report.

Other than that I'm back in college starting my last year (A2) and finding it OK so far. First two days already and theres work to be done - talk about going from where I left off.

I'm determined to really put maximum effort in, particularly for physics laugh.gif Mind you, I say that every year!

Had a driving lesson yesterday which went well (parallel parking, reversing around corners, bay parks etc)

Will be meeting some children opposite us tonight ready to babysit them on Thurs & Friday night.

Weather is dull, grey, wet and miserable and I'll have to set off in it in about 5 mins - still cycling you'll be pleased to know!

On the bright side, yesterday I made up a melody that is probably best described as 'Scottish'. Strsnge how your mind can suddenly string together a few notes and there you have it.

Right, enough about me. laugh.gif

If you don't mind me asking, what situation are you at now Don as regards to your job? (if you know).

Best head off - see you a bit later biggrin.gif

Good grief, I must be getting old.....

What on earth are this lot?.........

Was there life before the internet?

Stop the world, I want to get off....:rolleyes:

Share this topic:

• twitter.png
  • facebook.png
  • digg.png
  • buzz.png
  • delicious.png
  • reddit.png
  • stumble.png
  • email.png
  • print.png
  • download.png

Edit: Thanks Don. I'm just going back to my roots. Last picked up some metalwork at Southgate Tech in 1965, but at that time found girls and scooters much more satisfying.....:)

• RMweb Premium

Morning All,

Plenty of oktas in evidence hereabouts. Haven't you realised yet Gordon, we are all technological dinosaurs. If you can't keep up with all the latest (probably useless) bits of technology that have appeared within the last week you'll have to go back to pen and paper. Oh but then again one of those icons is to send stuff to a printer!

I'll have to rouse myself and drop in to the office for a couple of hours. I have a meeting scheduled with my manager. I wonder if he will turn up? I wonder whether he will tell me that the company has decided not to fund my project? Then again I found that out from someone else anyway.

Have a good one all.

Cheers

Dave

Try entering a search term. Each letter you add converts the B & W to colour....

That's different to yesterday's where as you hovered your mouse over the Google logo, it broke up into little balls that swam all over the screen and eventually came to rest back in the Google logo. (but had no explanation!)

• RMweb Gold

Morning all. It isn't cold here but it is somewhere between misty and drizzle. I'm sure in damper parts of the country there would be a precise term. I took my wife down to the railway station and then took her car to the garage for an MOT test and service. As it has done 113000 miles it should be nicely run in by now. Matthew has just applied for a driving licence and my wife plans to give him her car whenever he eventually passes.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Morning all, another late night of doing nothing so up late again. I really must get out of this groove otherwise it will be one hell of a shock when I do go back to work.

Update for Don Bradley Consultants Inc.: ankle is doing fine thanks Don, apart from being on crutches it's really no problem at all now. Of course not weight bearing on it yet, back to hospital this coming Monday for x-ray to see how it's coming along.

Ah well, going to make some bread now, then have a go at the O2 chassis pickup conundrum - maybe. Got sidetracked yesterday as I thought I'd revisit an O gauge project that doesn't need a lot to finish it. Dead end there as the new Canon motor I bought has only got a short shaft on it so the worm doesn't sit right with the gear wheel.

But how's this for a global market - am buying via Ebay two supposedly Mashima 1833 motors from a Chinese supplier for £7 each + £5 postage. It will be interesting to see 1) if they turn up (as I only use PayPal I will get my money back if they don't) and 2) what they're like. I'm not too bothered if they're knock off copies as long as they work. The supplier is a high volume 100% ratings seller, so we shall see.

• RMweb Premium

Morning All

Pete We've got pretty strict and odd disability laws in the UK now, and they are a real minefield - the need to comply with the needs of disabled visitors to exhibitions is one such area that has been flogged to death on the many incarnations of RM Web over the years - always starts an argument, always gets the mods involved, and normally gets locked - so I think we'll draw a veil over this one before we get into hot water!

Don (or Mr Consultant) - I posted in some detail on 3rd of the month, but late on, so you probably missed it stuck among the drivel - just to reiterate, Registrar was happy with my progress, but consultant was a bit worried about the position of one of the screws, which is protruding a couple of mm from the bone, and countermanded the Registrar's advice that I could start to put weight on the leg - he wants to give it "a bit longer" - end result is that I'll not be back on my feet for another couple of weeks. I'm signed off for up to six more weeks.

Not been on google today, as I have a google search window on my home page toolbar and I just put the search parameters there, and it goes straight to the results. No doubt all will be revealed. I see we've got some new icons to play with - I'll just leave them alone as I don't want to mess up the good running of the site on my machine. I always find that if I do something and it's wrong, I need help to undo it! I see that the problem with the banner ads has gone, but that appears to be due to the absence of the banner ads and not necessarily to a software solution!

Here in Lancaster, it's a lovely day, about three oktas of wispy cloud, and the sun shining through - how long will it last? Mrs 45156 has to go out this afternoon, so I'd bet that it start raining just as she shuts the door.

Not a lot more to say today, but I've got a few items (not railway related) to put onto Ebay - if I can find the camera and it's still got working batteries in it that is!

BTW I am now running in Safari, and it is miles better than IE8 except that when I go to some of the posts with video content (eg Dave's Waverley West), the image is missing, and instead I get a plugin is missing note where it should be, and when I click on that to see what is going on, it says I need Adobe flashplayer, which is not loaded. But it is loaded and on my desktop, and it all works in IE8 - am I missing something obvious here?

I'll check back this afternoon to see what's what - off to Ebay now to get some stuff on to cover some recent Vets bills not covered by insurance!

Regards

Stewart

Guest Max Stafford

Been for the second component of my root treatment this morning. Now relaxing before the less enjoyable part of today - I start work at 2 again... :(

Dave.

Hair or teeth....?

Bwah!

Stewart,

1. Understood

2. I use Safari 5.0.1 all the time - with OSX 10.5.8 I can't think of any issues with RMWeb. It's zipping along now.

Btw how long has the "preview of thread" been in existence? In any index there's a hidden button per thread/topic which allows you to read the first post without actually entering the thread/topic.

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Gold

Is it just me at my end or are has the forum functionality changed quite a bit.

All the previously bearable avatars have been changed to photos of members too. Ouch.

I can still see your " train crossing bridge" avatar. Your profile photo doesn't look right though.

I really should take a new photo of Robbie for the avatar. He is looking very smart this afternoon. I've booked him in for his booster injections this afternoon and I thought perhaps he should look cared for (he is really but is capable of looking messy very quickly).

Tony

• RMweb Gold

I'm viewing from a mobile so perhaps it's those changes I'm noticing. It does look quite smart.

Strange though, I can see Mike's avatar but Robbie has turned into Tony himself. They do say dogs grow to be like their owners bit that is taking it too far.

• RMweb Premium

Seems I was missing longer than Don! (Although not missed nearly as much).

Great break in Indian Summer weather.

Glad you had a good holiday DD - you were missed, but we knew you'd be back, unlike Don, who has been having all manner of contradictory tales about his departure!

BTW lads, don't other about possible problems with Safari, as my laptop crashed this afternoon, and I had to go back to a reset point before it was downloaded, and I got a diagnostic message that the failure was caused by new software, so I'm leaving well alone for the mo.

I'll check in again tomorrow.

Regards

Stewart