The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Congratulations to Sherry and Ian on their 'welding' and to Jamie on his birthday. Hope things go well for Jock and Debs and anyone else who is suffering various ailments at the moment. Bit of sad news at the model railway club last night as one of our regular members has had to 'retire', this is due to his suffering from eye problems which means that his night vision is failing. I do recall macular degeneration being mentioned but as he is still allowed to drive (in daylight hours) I think it might be something else. I too had a questionare from Hermes about a delivery this morning but as being retired I was in when it arrived although it took just over a week from dispatch to delivery but from what I had heard of Hermes I was not surprised at that. Still bright and sunny at the moment but the forecast isn't too good but according to the same forecast it is brightening up in the west so hopefully the weather will be fine for the 'welding'.

Morning all

First, thanks for all the kind messages. We suspect we are RMweb's first marriage, in that Sherry is also a member, but of course she is only here because I was. Nevertheless she and I have found the warmth of this place, specially ERs, quite uplifting at times, and surely today is one of those.

Yesterday was indeed a social whirl, culminating in a pub dinner with my brothers, Sherry's witness Ann, and another couple from Sherry's Staffordshire days. The mix was so good we ocasionally found we were the only ones not involved in conversation!

Sherry is currently having the hairdresser add the final touches, and we leave at 10.30 for the event. The buttonholes and Sherry's posy have been delivered by the usual reliable florist. Sadly my cold is refusing to decamp, but at least early rain has given way to some sunshine. Pictures may prove possible!

Must be busy now, so many thanks again, and we will try to post as and when we can.

Sherry & Ian

Did anyone else imagine him balancing a laptop on the alter while posting that?

Best of luck you two, and if the day get stressful at all, just enjoy the night. ;)

• Like 6

Congrats to Sherry and Ian, the big day has finally arrived and Cockingtons blacksmith is probably stoking up his fire. A bit of drizzle here in sunny Teignmouth, hopefully Cockington remains dry and outdoor photos can be taken.

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium

Morning All

Yet another few days of non-attendance here, unfortunately, as I've had a lot to do, and as now I'm back driving there's a lot of tasks that I couldn't do before and which are taking priority over RMWeb.  I've managed to scan a few pages.

Pleased to see that Debs has returned to the fold after her stay in hospital - I'll bet the wagging collie tails were amazing to see. 

Also, Jock, has that appointment come round again???  Seems like no time at all since the last one. 

Jaimie, happy birthday. 

And of course, Ian and Charmaine (I can use your posh name on this special day, I hope) hope that the day goes very well indeed - forecast for Torre Abbey (nearest I can get on the Met Office website) is for no rain, and perhaps a bit of the yellow thing in the afternoon, so I hope it shines on you and blesses the welding. 

Dave - hope Is picks up soon. 

And Mal, ditto, I hope that the chemo is not too daunting. 

It has to be generic greetings to everybody else, I'm afraid.

It was chucking it down this morning when 30747 went out to work, and she and Lily came home looking a little waterlogged.  She has had a bit of a setback on her accident treatment, as the physio clinic that she was sent to by the insurance company doesn't seem to know the meanining of consistency of treatment, and she's had three different therapists in five weeks, the last being a sports injury type, who actually managed to undo some of the work of his predecessor with a heavy-handed approach.  We have raised a complaint about this, but the rehab company insisted that there were no other "approved" therapists in Lancaster, and offered us alternatives in Preston or Poulton-le-Fylde, both of which would need a 40 odd mile round trip by car, or up to three buses.  There are at least four private physios in town, and another six within a lesser distance.  So the insurer has now sacked the rehab company on our case and has agreed to let us find a sympathetic physio, and for us to pay the bills, and to get those refunded.  So that's what we've done, and found a very experienced lady who has consulting rooms that she rents from our hairdresser, right in the town centre - so hopefully tomorrow things will get better in that area. 

As for me, I'm still progressing, and after the surgeon's referral, I was able to take some of my built up shoes to the Orthotics team at the hospital to be un-built up.  They wanted me to see the orthotist just to check how my hips were sitting after the op, and he checked and then his comment was "the leg length is perfect, and your hips are stable.  Somebody has done a very good job there".  Good news indeed.

I'll try to get back later.

Regards to All

Stewart

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from a rather wet and dreary village.   Slightly late on parade due to an internet outage.  The Virgins had gone on strike, maybe they wanted more of something or other.  I better not speculate.  

Thank for all the good wishes.

Hope the welding goes well as it's about to happen I believe.

Jock I hope that your appointment goes well and that Debs' recovery progresses.

Not a lot on the agenda today as SWMBO is out most of it so hopefully some bridge building this afternoon.  

Darling Daughter has just been and left me the new Bernard Cornwell novel.  Sons 1 and 2 are both due to call at some point so I should see all the family at some point.

All the best to everyone.

Jamie

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Stewart, what a boost that statement must have given you.  Keep going, young man and take care.

It did indeed, Polly,  The culmination of five years of increasing discomfort and pain, and of getting the shoes adjusted every year or so as the leg length difference got more and more.

Still, we're on the right side of things now, so onwards...

• Like 17

Morning all from a wet Scottish HQ. Congratulations to Ian and Sherry! Hope the welding goes fully to plan and you have some sunshine for the pictures. Happy birthday to Jamie too.

The easiest way to find the purse Mike is to cancel all the credit cards.

I got a text yesterday afternoon to say that the purse had been handed in to the bus depot. Of course GF had cancelled the cards already, so you're spot on BoD!

I made Hallowe'en cupcakes for the office last night. They're bright orange with green frosting so may cause hyperactivity.

Just been beavering away on an urgent FMQ brief and raised my head above water for a minute to post here. Have a good Thursday everyone, it's nearly Friday!

• Like 17

Happy Birthday Jamie

Best wishes to Jock and to Mal and to Stewart and 30747 (and yes I know my N15 names!)

There are lots of ballast wagons and a crane on the new bridge for the Charing Cross lines, although no sign of the 66s that Ian spotted earlier.

and excitingly we had a fire drill earlier - fortunately it hasn't started to rain here yet!

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Perhaps Pete has heard of this, a military blimp broke away from its moorings at the Aberdeen Proving Grounds, Maryland yesterday. Problem is that it is dragging 6,000 feet of mooring cable behind it that is leaving a trail of destruction as it is blown north across Pennsylvania taking out power lines and even road crash barriers.

Happy Birthday Jamie

Best wishes to Jock and to Mal and to Stewart and 30747 (and yes I know my N15 names!)

There are lots of ballast wagons and a crane on the new bridge for the Charing Cross lines, although no sign of the 66s that Ian spotted earlier.

and excitingly we had a fire drill earlier - fortunately it hasn't started to rain here yet!

66544 was parked outside London Bridge with a ballast train on Tuesday.

post-17799-0-99049500-1446119983.jpg

and 66553 with another

post-17799-0-51369900-1446120271.jpg

Rotten air conditions and an extreme telephoto.

Edited by Smiffy2
  • Like 14

• RMweb Gold

I made Hallowe'en cupcakes for the office last night. They're bright orange with green frosting so may cause hyperactivity.

Best keep them away from your First Minister then.

• RMweb Premium

Greetings from the Gateway to The World, which is soggy on top at the moment. It's alleged to improve this afternoon but I wonder.

My shopping trip later may include the acquisition of a new green loco, assuming the stock has been delivered.

Happy Birthday to Jaimie.

Hopefully all welding processes are going to plan.

Have good day all.

Pete

• Like 12

We've had two Typhoons (I think) fully armed chasing each other over the house and around the mountains for a couple of days.

No pics. possible - they're gone by the time we get the sound.

Not a complaint - i like to see them - but they get awfully low in this difficult terrain.

• Like 1

Evening all from red dragon land.

From what I've just picked up, glad to have Debs back and good luck and best wishes to the welding couple.

Arrived to play trains but where's the track?

attachicon.gifIMG_8376.JPG

Leaves dispersed in the undergrowth and then down to business.

attachicon.gifIMG_8410.JPG

Off to Moles Hill

attachicon.gifIMG_8382.JPG

while I take the pedestrian route

attachicon.gifIMG_8387.JPG

then round the loop

attachicon.gifIMG_8389.JPG

and back into the woods.

attachicon.gifIMG_8398c.JPG

Then I had my first (rather cautious) steam drive down the track.  Scary but it didn't put me off doing it again!  A little later, Polly back in the car, I could sit back and enjoy the views in the autumn sunshine before heading home.

attachicon.gifIMG_8432.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_8439.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_8438.JPG

:good:  Wonderful pics. and location, Polly..........and like Sherry & Ian`s Nuptials; it`s definitely a case of Joie de vivre! :friends:

• Like 15

We've had two Typhoons (I think) fully armed chasing each other over the house and around the mountains for a couple of days.

Not a complaint - i like to see them - but they get awfully low in this difficult terrain.

Took me a moment to realise you were talking about planes. :blink:

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Quoting not working for me ,

DD said,

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes they do , and I don't think I'd like to be a passenger .

Edited by Sidecar Racer
  • Like 15

Think yourself lucky all the Buccaneers have gone (from this country anyway). 

• Like 5

Quoting not working for me ,

DD said,

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes they do , and I don't think I'd like to be a passenger .

Especially since it's only got one seat, unlike your 'bike'! HaHaHa!!

Kind regards,

Jock.

• Like 5