The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

I had a strange experience yesteday (monday). . . I took my mate for the second oscopy up his end, and as I was leaving for a cuppa a nurse came in and called my name. Of course, this stopped me in my tracks, and checked the name, at which point a chap came forward . . .I shook his hand and said "pleased to meet you". . .First time I've met someone sharing my name!

Sherry/Ian, Hope the day goes well for you and Wishing a long and happy life together. . 

Jock, Best of luck with the consultation. , , , 

Debs. . . welcome home ,Lass. . . . We're short of collie photos, but, don't rush, , , ,only when you're up to it;

Goodnight everyone. . . . .Sleep well.

John

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Morning all... May I just start the day with wishing Ian and Sherry that this be a very special day indeed, and a very happy future together!

Also, many happy returns to Jamie, and of course, fingers crossed for Jock.

Morning all. Dark outside and I haven't looked to see what the weather's doing yet.

Jamie - Many happy returns

Jock - Here's hoping that the news from the appointment is good.

Have a good day everyone

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Dry start and 11oC but cloud and rain forecast here.

Very best wishes to Sherry and Ian for today and the future and I hope the sun shines brightly in Cockington.

Happy Birthday to Jamie and I hope there are many more.

Thoughts are with all those with ailments at the moment

Today I shall be celebrating a lottery win. My free lucky dip from Saturday has just won me ..... a free lucky dip!

Collecting The Boss from work and shopping as usual later today but that's OK - I need beer. (I know - nothing changes)

Have a good one,

Bob.

• Like 15

Confettibrations to Ian and Sherry and good morning one and all

There is a blood blister [i think] on my right index finger which does not help the task of typing.  I don't think it is caused by breaking a 0.3mm drill, which I did twice on Tuesday, but it requires attention of some sort.  Other tasks await before I go out all day so they must take priority.  Better luck tomorrow?

Chris

All the very best to Ian and Sherry.  I'm sure you'll have a wonderful day and many years of happiness together.... :wub:

Back out on the course today, which will mean a welcome break from woodworking.  No doubt there will be loads of banter with my 24 Thursday mates.....

Slowly getting used to life on orange juice and lemonade although the urge for a red wine or beer did wander into my head around 4pm yesterday.  It will be interesting if I pick up the habit again once the course of antibiotics finishes.  The annual Beaujolais Day comp in November won't help....

• Like 12

Morning All,

First of all - best of luck to Jock, many happy returns to Jamie and all the very best to Ian and Sherry.  May your lives together be filled with happiness.

I am sure I have forgotten someone - like I forgot to post those photos last night.

It is a rather grey day here today, but relatively mild  Today I have the joy of going to a rather long meeting - so I had better get as much coffee as possible before it starts!

Have a good day everyone...

• Like 4

The street I'm on the corner of now has a temporary sign: end road works, drive safely, 60km/h. It's normally an unsigned residential street, thus 50km/h, so they've increased the speed limit due to roadworks. That it's a cul-de-sac, and anyone going that fast would be likely to crash through the fence and onto the railway is apparently irrelevant.

Another cool and rainy day here, the rain is welcome to stay as long as it wants. A friend gave me the money to buy (hopefully) all the materials needed for the 16mm scale live steamer, so I should probably get on with spending it. Marked the frames out last night, then realised I don't have a fine enough hacksaw blade to cut them; don't particularly fancy stripping the teeth off that would inevitably happen with a course blade. Still, I can dabble with other parts till everything else turns up; might start a thread on 'ere, I'm sure there's a few who'd find it all interesting.

Roasting some turkey and potatos for dinner tonight, smells good already.

• Like 15

I'd be interested, Lisa - just give us a link when the time comes.

Had to go to Liverpool Airport last evening to collect people and goods.

All the bluddy roads were closed around the motorway access. Had to go to next junction and come back on the opposite carriageway.

The signs were hopeless.

To anyone having a Special Day today, I wish them years of happiness.

Last Saturday I won a 'Lucky Dip' on the new Lotto.

Last night I won a Lucky Dip with the Lucky Dip.

How can I be so fortunate without actually winning any money?

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

GOOD MORNING ERs!

Just in case you aren't awake..

It's going to be a busy Thursday. Nuptials for Sherry and Ian, birthday for Jamie and an appointment for Jock. I hope that the wedded bliss lasts a goodly time, that Jamie has more birthdays to celebrate and that jock continues with his monthly appointment for a few years and more.

Youngest Herbert off to London via Newcastle (geography has never been his strong point!) On verging on the east coast. He needs every ounce of support to get through his journey as they have just sent him some vouchers for the last trip yet wrecked last month. He has asked them for cash.

Rick, I hope you get the knee sorted out. Application of gel and taking of bombersized ibuprophen helps to keep my knees in check.

Have a brilliant Thursday and I hope that Debs continues to make progress to excellent health.

Baz

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

All the best to everyone who has a special day today

Not looked out of the window yet, in nottingham this time, over to toton in a bit to collect a 60, then over to derby to collect a 37, question is which one do i have leading to tyseley?

Bit worried today as ive had a survey from 'hermes' asking me to review my experience of my delivery, the problem being ive not been home since sunday so the parcel has obviously been left somewhere and marked as delivered on the system so its either been left on the doorstep or more worryingly knowing hermes its in the recycling bin and today is recycling day, im hoping the neighbour has taken it in for me or it will be lost, hopefully i'll be home tonight to find out

Hope all goes well today Jock.

Happy Birthday Jamie.

Very best wishes for your big day Ian and Sherry. I will tryto send our current blue skies over to Devon for the day.

Yes, it's another beautiful morning, albeit a bit breezy. Another very high tide again this morning with the sea nibbling away at the dunes. One result of our recent stormy seas was me finding a large pink sea urchin shell washed up on the beach this morning. Once dried out and cleaned it will join the collection, it's the third one I have found in fifteen years!

I'm intrigued by the efforts the UK government have been making to get the poor guy in Saudi released from prison. When I was in Saudi in the early eighties, two acquaintances were given two year sentences plus lashes for the same offence. They were involved in a minor accident and were found to have home made wine in the car. The UK gov washed their hands of the affair as they were found guilty of breaking the country's laws and had to take the consequences. When they finally came out, friends had to 'arrange' documentation to get them home and that did not come cheap. Sadly they were in one of Saudi's worst prison (we even had to send in food parcels) and never recovered mentally from the experience. I never seemed to be amazed at how stupid we could be and the risks that we took on a regular basis, knowing the consequences of getting caught. Perversely, for two weeks before going on leave we would be as good as gold! Anyway, I am delighted that the gentleman in question will be on his way home soon.

On that cheerful note, have a nice day.

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from red  dragon land.
Birthday greetings, Jamie.  Have a good un.
Ian and Sherry, have a brilliant day and the bestest welded life together.
Best wishes Jock, thinking of you.

Wish you all a good day.

Edit: too many "of"s

Edited by southern42
  • Like 12

• RMweb Premium

"LOL"

"Lots of Locomotives"

to cheer everyone up

or another way of

wishing good fortune.

One due in the post, today.  :D

Edited by southern42
  • Like 15

• RMweb Gold

Morning

Happy birthday Jamie

Best wishes Ian and Sherry.

Cloudy and rainified sky at home but clearish skies over central London when we arrived into LBG.

4 Freightliner 66's about . Yesterday there were 5 of them.

Our local beerfest this evening. Just hoping this afternoons meeting is postponed.

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 14