The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Morning all. Dull outside and two cups of coffee were needed thus far. I've a feeling that the beginnings of autumn get to me to some degree or other, so I suppose keeping myself occupied with things of interest will be a healthy thing.

Will be off for buying some food in a while, but not before a third cup, I suppose!

Enjoy your day…

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Good morning and best wishes to those suffering etc. Yesterday was a full on one working on the layout that I didn't get chance to spend much time on here.

Ian - yes this forum can do odd things using an iPad or even an Android tablet but generally it's do much easier browsing with a tablet when moving about the house or down he pub etc.

I did a tiny bit of gardening yesterday but only because I needed more logs for the layout.

I couldn't even open the garage door due to the way the layout is set up at the moment. It's got to come down mid week so that I can get another one out for loading on Friday.

This morning the bus stops in both directions had about half a dozen of us waiting. Never seen that before. The station was also packed but trains running OK bar a few earlier Thameslink due to the on going staff shortages.

Edit - two people sitting opposite talking about friends. One said ' he's weird he's a trainspotter'. Oh well!

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Morning all.

Awoke at some strange time in the night by rain founding off the window and its still raining. Her indoors very restless due to her sciatica so my sleep pattern for isn't brilliant.

Polly -nice baby Hunslets. They do look very smart. "There's tidy!"

Have a great day. I hope to finish my weathering, sand down a door and go to a cricket meeting tonight (The latter will be a bit tiring as Yorkshire folk pontificate about cricket without any help from a Durham lad.).

Baz

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

A bit of a dull start and rain is forecast - possibly becoming heavy later.

No Rugby until Wednesday so there is time for work to be done on the railway. I am being encouraged in this by The Boss because she wants the other bedroom back before Christmas so I "better get a move on" (I think she actually means "get a move on or else...!")

Have a good one,

Bob.

• RMweb Premium

M6 through Cheshire (M6 J16-J19 is always unpredictable).

I never use that stretch as it can be problematic at any time.  A great diversion is about 10 miles West on the A49 which I always use going North or South from Lancaster, and I often stay off the M6 til Wolverhamton.  Not a fast road, but can normally be cruised at 55/60 except for the towns, and watch out for the speed cameras which seem to grow like trees around Beeston,

• Like 2

A good day to all, especially those needing care.

Weather OK at the moment, but could get worse, as Bob says. That may scupper a plan I had to make some display bases as a way of trying out my new router table. I have to get a bigger shed workshop!

I was in discomfort yesterday due to straining something in my back (done lifting aforesaid router table flatpack) and getting bad cramp in my calf. Seems to have eased today, so that's good. Nothing serious.

Have a good start to the week, all.

Mornin' all,

Rain stopped constitutional play in The Moorlands today....an attempt to sneak out before the drops started to fall was thwarted seemingly as soon as I opened the back door.

Back to work this afternoon after three and a half weeks off...oh well. Plenty of errands to run before setting out.

Best wishes to all with ailments of any kind

Feathered ones provided for

Enjoy what you do

Dave

Edited by Torr Giffard LSWR 1951-71
  • Like 14

Evenin' all,

My raiding of our garden on Thursday morning to provide a contribution for the decoration of our church at harvest-time led to Is taking the foliage along and helping to arrange it. I'll let the efforts of the ladies involved speak for themselves.....

attachicon.gifP1010474.JPG

attachicon.gifP1010475.JPG

attachicon.gifP1010476.JPG

attachicon.gifP1010478.JPG

Enjoy what you do

Dave

At the risk of seeming churlish, who is growing bananas in Staffordshire? ;) 

• Like 1

Morning All,

I am slightly later on parade this morning, having been to the Opthamologist.

The weather is nice and sunny, but a little on the cold side.  Typical early Autumn weather.

Time for a coffee!

Have a good day everyone...

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Morning All

Again, catching up does seem to be taking a long time each day, but I have caught up, and as usual, there's a lot of interesting posts overnight.  I was pleased to see that Jock has had time to make quite a long post, and hopefully that pain will start to abate pretty soon. 

Dave - no doubt you will update us in Is's treatment as the week goes on.

Another disturbed night's sleep has prompted me to join the 7.30 struggle to get hold of the Dr, and book a phone call to discuss changing the pain killer to one that I get on with a bit better, and should hear from him later this morning. 

It was raining much of the night, and is still pretty dull and grim this morning, and 30747 and Lily got a soaking, sadly. 

Car is still not back, though I expect to get a final date from the repairer's quality assurance manager today.

Back later

Regards to All

Stewart

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from a rather damp village a few miles south of BarryO.   Beth got back safely yesterday and seemed to enjoy the meal that was waiting for her that included a home made treacle tart.   Asda awaits and then I'm hoping to go and get some bits of timber that I need.  (I hear a little voice saying "You've got a garage full of timber why do you need any more".)   Then and afternoon trying to put gutters onto platform awnings before an evening at the clubrooms.  Hopefully Tony will feel up to an evening out and come and finish some fencing.   The sea wall is at the perfect height for him to model the fence while sitting in his wheelchair an we've organised the layout so that he can get at the part in question.

Talk of Freshers week brings back many happy memories of my year at Nottingham in 1971/72 where a young man who'd been at a single sex school suddenly discovered that there was another species shaped a bit differently.   That and beer at 10p and 11p a pint is probably why I only stayed a year but that's another story.

Jamie

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. I find that I've been sleeping better since I had the new mattress delivered, its a fair bit deeper than the old one so its about another four inchs if I fall out of bed. Time for breakfast, kettles on, be back later.

• Like 14

As there is some interest in rock falls and landslides, here are some pics. - all fresh falls.

One has caused a major development to be abandoned and plans are ongoing for it to be demolished and rebuilt.

post-7041-0-02439400-1442822567.jpg

post-7041-0-26003600-1442822612.jpg

post-7041-0-33071000-1442822639.jpg

One fool was sunbathing under one of the 'Danger of death' notices.

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Morning all and autumn has definitely arrived. Having said that it was beautiful weather over the weekend.

The contract I was working on loos to have been well and truly naused up by a number of parties. So, to avoid getting dragged down into the mire with them I'm going to start applying for new jobs today.

Replacing mum's washing machine seems to have done the trick (touch wood, fingers crossed) and in the last week or so there have been no more RCB trip outs. 

Anyway, better dash as loitering on here won't get me a new job! 

All the best. Andy