The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Here’s something else that doesn’t make sense (I’m not expecting an answer but the BBC delete my question):

Why doesn’t the BBC ask the wealthy Gulf States why they are not taking Syrian refugees into their countries?

Best, Pete.

Very similar to my oft thought question of why the US of A never intervened in Northern Ireland (given that they intervene everywhere else). But they funded the IRA (allegedly) with St Patrick Day marches.

• Like 1

Evening all. I've been reading through the comments about towns being "closed", most of them jokey. We were in Caernarfon yesterday, and believe me it isn't very far from the truth to say the place was closed on Sunday. KFC was open though and I got a helping of rubberised chips and relatively grease free chicken bits. Today we had a ride on the Ffestiniog Railway to Blaenau Ffestiniog and had glorious sunshine all the way. This is our favourite line, so a good time was had by both of us. I am becoming a little worried by the pricing on some of our heritage railways though. A young family were on the same train and had to decide which station to go to because they thought they couldn't afford the full trip even though their child travelled free of charge. I remember having similar debates when we had our own young family. Such is life.

Stewart, Kath is doing very well thank you, though when I told her that Sunday had seen the best car boot sale of the year and she had missed it she nearly had a relapse. Quite a pleasant evening in this part of North Wales. Must go, Doc Martin is on soon.

Stay safe all.

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold

Evening, a busy day  sad to say this has been spent with banks and on the phone to solicitors, it seems my brother in law has been using my mother in laws cheque card. I wont go into the details but it beggars belief to me more so the amount of money one can put through using a debit card.

Oh well it could be worse I suppose, best wishes to Jock and the family, I think it would be nice if they could have calmer waters for a while.

Off for a walk its a nice evening, enjoy whats left of the day.

Alan

A long frustrating day at work thanks to others not having completed their work either properly or not at all.

It seems that my mothers setback was only temporary and has improved a great deal today. Although she is not out of the woods, another daily improvement would mean that she could me moved out of ICU tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

John - Some cracking photos. The break must have done you both some good.

Dave - Great to see you back posting. Have been thinking of Is during your absence.

Remember a trip on the Ffestiniog 35 years ago. They'd not long opened the spiral. We went up and back, but a coach party of Americans were herded onto the train and we all played sardines from Porthmadog to Duallt, when they detrained and herded back onto their coach. We continued through e spiral and stopped overlooking the reservoir on a glorious sunny afternoon. It was a much mor comfortable journey back.

My mum then openly wondered why they hadn't stayed on for the last bit. The rest of the carriage agreed.

• Like 13

There is a ski hill at the top of this pass on the Montana/Idaho border The Dept. of Transport have conveniently installed a camera there so I can see if there is any snow before I set off. No snow today!

http://lb.511.idaho.gov/idlb/mountainpasses/mountainpass.jsf?id=6

I must say these guys are really good. When I drove over there two months ago, one side of the concrete freeway had been completely removed and ground up to be re-cycled into the new surface (it gets really hammered in the Winter). Looks like they have replaced a substantial amount of it already.

Edited by AndyID
  • Like 9

There was an article on the BBC about this saying that many had made private donations to help those providing aid in the camps.

I think the quoted fingure was about $900m or £600m.

Probably about what one of them spent on a premier league football team.

Still leaves your question begging an answer, but that may edge into the realms of poly ticks.

Truth of the matter is that they are ducking the issue...final word, Which is typical they also pay other people to fight their wars. Last word I promise...

Thanks, BoD!

Best, Pete.

• Like 1

Very similar to my oft thought question of why the US of A never intervened in Northern Ireland (given that they intervene everywhere else). But they funded the IRA (allegedly) with St Patrick Day marches.

Not quite true. It was individuals that did that not the Government. I think you’ll find that a certain US Official help to broker final deal.

Two wrongs do not make a right, though. No more from me I really, really, promise!

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic
  • Like 7

Some really nice photos there, Dave.

I really do envy you if that is your daily ride.

Clockwise or anti-clockwise.

....the reason for the different routes on particular days BoD, e.g. the weekend, is due to the heavy quarry tipper lorry traffic on the main roads around Leek on weekday mornings compared with Sat or Sun.

Dave

Edited by Torr Giffard LSWR 1951-71

• RMweb Gold

My furry friend was more furry fiend this afternoon. He had to have his booster jabs. I don't know why but the new vet (new to the practice) wouldn't listen. I said Robbie was fine having injections so could she do that first before trying any other investigations. She ignored me and approached him from behind to feel his abdomen or whatever and he growled. She then insisted on a muzzle which he associates with nose spray for kennel cough. It wasn't going to happen. Anyway he let her bandage his mouth shut and didn't make any fuss when injected. I then had to listen to a lecture about dangerous dogs and he might bite a child. I did say very few children go round trying to muzzle him and stick things into him. The nurse told the vet has was a lovely dog and it was only the muzzle that stressed him.

Tony

My furry friend was more furry fiend this afternoon. He had to have his booster jabs. I don't know why but the new vet (new to the practice) wouldn't listen. I said Robbie was fine having injections so could she do that first before trying any other investigations. She ignored me and approached him from behind to feel his abdomen or whatever and he growled. She then insisted on a muzzle which he associates with nose spray for kennel cough. It wasn't going to happen. Anyway he let her bandage his mouth shut and didn't make any fuss when injected. I then had to listen to a lecture about dangerous dogs and he might bite a child. I did say very few children go round trying to muzzle him and stick things into him. The nurse told the vet has was a lovely dog and it was only the muzzle that stressed him.

Tony

Like Dr.’s some Vets can be too full of themselves. Perhaps she will not last too long at the Practice. Otherwise   mesoneo yam utp reh owdn.

Best, Pete.

• Like 9