The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Is it just me or is the site very slow at the moment?

'Afternoon all from red-dragon-land-in-the-mist.

Windows 10, Visibility 0

Well, it was when I started but the internet is so slow - all those people on holiday while it's wet and windy.  Guess they've nothing better to do than use up all the bandwidth.  I protest. :mail:  :rtfm:   :mosking:

My "Dalek Invasion of the Routemaster" bus arrived in the post lunchtime (EFE bus with Typhoo Tea advert). 

NOTE to self: I MUST remember to post my order for the 207 destination blinds.  I MUST remember...

emoticon-tv-012.gif

Windows 10, Visibility 0

Well, it was when I started but the internet is so slow - all those people on holiday while it's wet and windy.  Guess they've nothing better to do than use up all the bandwidth.  I protest. :mail:  :rtfm:   :mosking:

emoticon-tv-012.gifMy "Dalek Invasion of the Routemaster" bus arrived in the post at lunchtime (EFE bus with Typhoo Tea advert). 

NOTE to self: I MUST remember to post my order for the 207 destination blinds.  I MUST remember...

Windows 10, Visibility 0

emoticon-tv-012.gifMy "Dalek Invasion of the Routemaster" bus arrived in the post at lunchtime (EFE bus with Typhoo Tea advert). 

Dunno Bob, but there's definitely an echo :D

• RMweb Gold

Well, we did mange to break it.

Delayed reaction, but break it we did.

...... and now Polly is having a go at it all on her own.

Edited by BoD
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

I blame Electrostar door software!!

• RMweb Gold

I was on a 357 that the doors wouldn't shut after a stop. It was a plastic bottle in the door mechanism. The driver came back, sorted it out. He then made an announcement thanking the passengers for their patience and for letting him know which door was faulty. Someone had leaned out and called out "hello mate, its this one "

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 10

• RMweb Premium

I keep saying I must have a trip on one of those before the livery changes.

It might be worthwhile going before the doors give up completely. :jester: .

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

I keep saying I must have a trip on one of those before the livery changes.

It might be worthwhile going before the doors give up completely. :jester: .

I suppose here in South Essex the door software isn't a problem as our platforms are longer than the trains. Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 9

Todays sun beat that of yesterday here in Belgium. We went to the market and bought the sweets that are unavailable in England and that Pat misses. Some nice fruit flavoured Cuberdone which are conical shaped and very nice, some black licorice mice and some cherry flavoured chewy things. We then sat on the square after the market departed and had a couple of Krieks (the cherry lager) a bit of a girlie drink but hey very refreshing.

Andenne has a very special statue on the square and is quite unique. Photos to follow at a later date

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

Got here, against all the odds.  Fully caught up, and posts duly rated.

Looks as if I have no choice over this operation, as surgeon has told me he wants me to have it under a spinal anaesthetic, not a general, but with full sedation.  As usual, my appointment was over half an hour late....

Spent all day running to and fro - into town as I am waiting for a payment to bank - according to bank, not paid - irate visit to financial advisor and call to insurance company - should be paid "imminently".  Then to vet to get Lily checked out.  Then back to town to go to hospital - bus VERY late and had to walk the last mile due to traffic! (btut see above as I needn't have rushed).  In passing, decided to check bank again to find that payment WAS made on time and that it had been credited, but that the update run to get it onto my account had been delayed.  AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH.  Trafffic just as bad on the way home, and bus 25 late coming in - over half an hour late getting home - wonderful town for getting around is Lancaster - NOT.

Rain has been pretty incessant and heavy - just about the time that I was walking back from the hospital, and I must say that as I passed the local 'spoons, it looked like a haven of dryness, and I was pretty seriously tempted, but I didn't.

Regards to All

Stewart

Evening All,

Just a flying visit today as things have taken a bit of a turn for the worst. Having had, for the last day-and-a-half, chills and sweats (which I had.initially considered tramadol side effects) turn out to be an advanced notice of a full blown prostate infection. Thank goodness I had a full treatment pack of the usually prescribed (and effective) Abx. I've taken the first two doses and I'm awaiting the CRP levels (which contributes to the shivering and sweats) to come down.

It's so serious that I actually left on the plate a full three quarters of a prime SAUSAGE!!! And just pushed the pommes frites around the plate.

I may need to rewrite my will. To hell with grasping relatives, 30% will go the home for distressed ERs, 30% will go on keeping the wolf pack in bones and walks, 30% will go Mrs iD and the remaining 10% will go to help stamp out the scourge of "design clever"

Have a great evening

iD (c/o "the bed of pain", feeling sorry for myself avenue, it Hurts Berks)

Edited by iL Dottore

• RMweb Gold

Evening All,

Just a flying visit today as things have taken a bit of a turn for the worst. Having had, for the last day-and-a-half, chills and sweats (which I had.initially considered tramadol side effects) turn out to be an advanced notice of a full blown prostate infection. Thank goodness I had a full treatment pack of the usually prescribed (and effective) Abx. I've taken the first two doses and I'm awaiting the CRP levels (which contributes to the shivering and sweats) to come down.

It's so serious that I actually left on the plate a full thee quarters of a prime SAUSAGE!!! And just pushed the pommes frites around the plate.

I may need to rewrite my will. To hell with grasping relatives, 30% will go the home for distressed ERs, 30% will go on keeping the wolf pack in bones and walks, 30% will go Mrs iD and the remming 10% will go to help stamp out the scourge of "design clever"

Have a great evening

iD (c/o "the bed of pain", feeling sorry for myself avenue, it Hurts Berks)

Hope you feel better soon and can enjoy your food.

• RMweb Gold

The service outage, I wasn't imagining the 'Guru meditation' error message was I?

I think I'd find "Way to much ganja, Maaaan" more believable..

I got some message about varnish!
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. I've just donated to Jocks lady friend, when I went into the site it stated that the lady had achieved £80 of her £100 target, well now she has achieved that target plus Gift aid which is well worth doing if you pay UK income tax. I was considering taking part myself but I have very little hair to shave off anyway.

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Evening, troops! Chuffed after another intense week, so I suppose I'll call it a day in a few. We had a tight schedule today, so no photo opportunities presented themselves.

Having seen the latest pictures of Leipzig's tram system, I am minded to suggest that all the people who try to get on a Fahrschule badged tram are all so enamoured with the system that they all want to become drivers!

The devil in me thinks that once Dom has ripped up his L plates, then, having already sent us all the pictures of the trams and their stops, we will be getting pictures of all the passengers in his tram......................Especially the pretty ones! :angel:

We did, in fact, think of deliberately allowing someone aboard and then asking them whether they want to join up on several such occasions, Richard! It's always fun to watch when it dawns on such folks that they would not have needed to do a run at what they thought was "their" tram in any case.

I suppose photographing random passengers would be in violation of privacy laws, however.

I reckon he's more likely to become an Instructor so he can get pics at every single turning place and siding on the network at regular intervals.

Well, who knows? I did, in fact, wonder if that type of qualification might, for me, be something like the ideal way of merging my new line of work and my previous experience… I suppose I should properly settle into this job first, though.

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

I suppose photographing random passengers would be in violation of privacy laws, however.

It's called "perving" in certain areas..................... allegedly. :O

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I suppose here in South Essex the door software isn't a problem as our platforms are longer than the trains.

I've noticed on my trips from Euston Square to Uxbridge on the Metropolitan Line (London Underground) that the S Stock uses selective door operation at some stations but the first door is handy to exit from at Uxbridge in order to be in front of the rush to the ticket barrier on the way out.

640px-Baker_Street_tube_station_MMB_11.j

I was going to post before everyone had gone to bed but it seems there were a few RMweb data transfer issues affecting state of play so you maybe be reading this in the morning instead.

Despite the misty moisty morning...afternoon...and evening, the day ended with a sunset and a daddy long legs taking time out on the french windows.

post-14049-0-89411100-1440197415.jpg

Time out for me too now so I bid you all goodnight.

Nos da.

• Like 14

Goodnight folks.

Took doggy out for a walk, popped into local for a pint of

http://www.thebootatrepton.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Clod-Hopper.png

Clod Hopper ABV 3.9%

Our Gold is an unashamedly hoppy beer.

Maris Otter Pale Ale and Caragold Malts create the golden canvas for this enchanting Pale Ale.

Judicious late, very late and dry hop additions give a citrus dominated beer; its immediate impression is soft and smooth yet builds to a climax of hoppiness hints of caramel and an enduring, bitter finish.

Ended up having a half dozen.....

• Like 13