The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

So, the throwing around of kids. What mine liked most was, after their bath, being wrapped up in the large towel and swung about vigorously. The cry was "wrap me up in the rat bag Daddy", and both were disappointed when I told them they were too heavy for me any more, I'm sure this was some kind of child abuse and the PC brigade will be after me, but they both say it is one of their fondest memories of childhood. Mine too.

Ed

• Like 19

I saw a TV programme once where they showed CCTV footage of a mother appearing to shake her baby violently, but reconstructing her actions she had actually just been playing with the baby, but the video made her movements appear much more jerky and violent.

Anyway Leo is very clear on what he does and doesn't like, and if he ever showed the slightest sign of discomfort I'd stop. Today's new trick was for me to hold him under his armpits and jump up and down, which he found hilarious (and there are few things cuter than a laughing baby IMHO).

In suprise news, today's temperature has hit 35ºC and is scheduled to fall to around 25ºC at night.

• Like 18

Morning all. Just making sure that the caffeine levels are topped up before tackling the Monday morning traffic.

Jock - I hope you manage to get the balance of the meds right soon.

Have a good day everyone

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

Good morning from what was a sunny Surrey when I was eating my cereal in the conservatory but now very overcast. bus was late due to road works so walked to station. A few Thameslink trains cancelled again due to staff shortage and to add to the extra people waiting for ours there was a person taken ill at Horley so mainline up creek resulting in over  ten late at the moment and crawling towards South Croydon.

Not a good start to the week.

Nice shots of the two steam specials in the South West. Missed them by a week!

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 1

Mornin' all,

Warm blue sky sunny good to be alive start in The Moorlands for the 06.30 short anticlockwise. High summer tones abound from the long grass waving richly scented roadside verges across the flora of the wider landscape.

Not such a good weather forecast for middle England this week.....today at least being promising in the North Wales direction but Is is at a low point with little energy so we shan't be straying far. If I can't tempt her with coffee at The Riverside Hotel, Ashford-in-the-Water later then I'll know that it is a bad day for sure.

Now music by The Pretenders....Stop your sobbing

Feathered ones provided for

Enjoy what you do

Dave 

Edited by Torr Giffard LSWR 1951-71
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Sunny here at the moment and comfortably warm.

Joiner, plumbers and sparkies back to finish kitchen today. Tiler needs to do some tiling then.....a bit of paint application by me.

Have a great week everyone.

Baz

• Like 14

Cool and windy here, but at least the rain has stopped.  I cant help but wonder if this part of the country is actually going to have a summer this year!  There have only been two or three days when I have ventured outside with just a tee-shirt on, and the shorts haven't made an appearance yet.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Got to get on The cleaning ladies come at 9 so I have to get the place clean and tidy for them.

Ed

My Dad used to do the same. They always brought cake with them so they then had more time for a chat.

" do servants"? Do I detect the work of predictive text, or wishful thinking?

Ed

My guess is conservatory.

And Good morning all,

A bit dull here at the moment but rather muggy. There may be sunny periods and some showers - then again there may not.

Visits to bank and building society to be done this morning with The Boss then possibly a bit more work in the railway room.

Have a good one,

Bob.

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from a bright village.   Various chores on the list for the morning but SWMBO has departed for Asda to meet a friend for breakfast and do the shopping.  My task will be to unpack it when she gets home.   After prayer time at church I'll have to go into Morley for a few things.  Hopefully I'll get some modelling done this afternoon before seeing the knee surgeon for a check up and then heading for the club rooms.

light engine those are great shots of the two pacifics.

As to throwing kids around, all three of our used to love being thrown around but as you say they are quite capable to letting you know the limits.  None of them appear to have suffered any ill effects.    

Rail squid, I agree that  a laughing baby is very cute however my favourite thing was when they fell asleep in my arms. The feeling of absolute trust takes some beating.

Jamie

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

(I know how Saga chose their name now)

Send A Granny Away ..... and when she arrives it's Sex And Games for the Aged.

Hail.  Violent and long-lasting though so far no bigger than peas.  Today has been cancelled.

That it all.

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Sad news about Cilla Black, although I would not describe myself as a fan she was part of my youth.

Playing 'Something tells me something's going to happen tonight' might not have been the radio producer's finest choice after the sad announcement yesterday!

• Like 1

So, the throwing around of kids. What mine liked most was, after their bath, being wrapped up in the large towel and swung about vigorously. The cry was "wrap me up in the rat bag Daddy", and both were disappointed when I told them they were too heavy for me any more, I'm sure this was some kind of child abuse and the PC brigade will be after me, but they both say it is one of their fondest memories of childhood. Mine too.

Ed

I managed to dislocate my second son's arm...

I told the casualty doctor that he said "Swing me round your head, Daddy!" but the doctor was clearly not impressed.

• RMweb Gold

I managed to dislocate my second son's arm...

I told the casualty doctor that he said "Swing me round your head, Daddy!" but the doctor was clearly not impressed.

The only thing that hippos do to amuse their offspring is the propeller fart (which I have shewn before on these pages, not personally I hasten to add).

Edited by Happy Hippo

Morning all.

Breakfasted and caffeined I feel able to face this rather overcast and chilly (for August) day. The news for tomorrow is good, Operation Stack has been lifted and the tunnel is operating smoothly with no delays. I hope that continues for the next couple of days. The weather in France is predicted to be good apart from some storms next Friday...

Today's world includes packing, lining a loco, clearing up and checking the fluids in the car.

Yesterday I tried some Magic Ballast, bought at Jane's Trains. Excellent stuff, I might start a thread on it. Basically a very fine powdered water-based glue, you mix it with ballast, coal etc, lay it as normal and then spritz with plain water. Much easier than piddling around with a pipette full of watered wood glue. Not cheap (but what, in our world, is?). Next I want to try static grass!

Have an interesting, but not too interesting, day my good fellows. Speak to yo tomoz from La Belle F.

• Like 19