The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Weyeataakinteelike. Diventrileuzoraalskelpyerlug. Ootsidenooyeaandme.

Baseboard construction is moving on apace. Amazingly still quite succesful. Mind you, my measure of success is that they haven't fallen apart yet and the four corners add up to 360 degrees...............

..............approximately.

Oh dear I understood some of this, sort of. I put it down to the fact that you stood were next to me at Ally Pally - the knowledge must have transmogglified somehow.

Are you sure all this baseboard building is on a list? - if it's not you'll be for the high jump....

Sounds like 628s:

Yeah, my vote would be for the 628s.

Say hello to Heidelberg for me Tony! It is a lovely town - and the cycle ride from there to home is a very nice half day out!

If you get a chance, take a tour up the Neckar in the direction of Neckargemünd - It is lovely country.

Weyeataakinteelike. Diventrileuzoraalskelpyerlug. Ootsidenooyeaandme.

Baseboard construction is moving on apace. Amazingly still quite succesful. Mind you, my isea of success is that they haven't fallen apart yet and the four corners add up to 360 degrees...............

..............approximately.

I'm from those parts and I only understand some of that!!

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Looks sunny outside, but it's somewhat cool at about 12° only. However, it does look like the weather will be holding for the barbecue tonight :) . Still somewhat dozy, though, so I think I'll need some coffee first of all!

Have a nice day, guys ;) ...

Morning all! The adventure starts here! Ensconced on an East Coast HST (with slam door stock! So long since I've been in a Mk3 carriage! They're so much nicer than the Mk4s...) with wifi. Just passed through Dunbar. I'll try and post during my week but it will very much depend on 3G signal where I'm going to be walking. If I don't manage, see you when I get back!

Morning All,

It is a lovely morning here - sunshine and blue sky.

I've been up for a while - but only just got around to posting. Time for some coffee I think!

Have a good day everyone...

Morning all..smile.gif

Been out looking for one of our cats who decided to go walkabouts. As always you spend ages wandering round calling and looking and are just on the verge of giving up, when he strolls in without a care in the world...angry.gif

Don't you just love 'em.

With the help of telephone support from Mr H, lathe is now running true and wheels are looking good. If I can just come up with some jigging to give faultless quartering, I'd have cracked it. Maybe some more mods to my GW press will do it.

Nothing planned for the weekend, so keeping a low profile and dreading the four letter "l" word which may appear any moment....

Whatever you guys are up to, have a good one..

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Plenty of oktas in evidence. Got the house to myself again this morning so it would be rude not to use the time to mess with the layout. I have no doubt a list will be forthcoming soon after lunch! Have a good one all.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Premium

Morning All (just)

Happy hols and hiking sixoh. Tony, hope you're having fun in Germany - last time I was there was chasing steam in various places, like Hof,

hoping for an easier day today as Mrs 45156's neice has taken herself off to the station for a day trip to who knows where - she was talking about Edinburgh - Lord help her if she get's stuck with one of TPE's rattletraps for the run - mind you, Mr Branson's rattletraps ain't much better. Oddly she was going to head for York, but the fare was about double what she would pay for Edinburgh and the journey time was longer but the distance is a lot less. Still, that's modern rail pricing for you.

Yesterday, Mrs 45156, bless her, called me to say she had found "some train books" in a charity shop, and they turned out to be 1959/60 ABC London Midland, and Diesels volumes, and the 1960 Express Trains London Midland - all a bargain at £13 for the lot. They are not mint, but oddly for ABCs they've very little underlining, and what there is appears to be in pencil. Going through the "new" traction volumes is a real eye opener, as I don't think any of the main line locos listed is still running - no Westerns listed as not even introduced - no Brush 4s and the Deltics showing as to be introduced, first numbered as D1000 - D1021 in one volume, and as D1500 to D1521 in the next. Also most of the D800 Warships are also shown as to be introduced.

Cloudy but bright here today, had a rude awakening as Mrs 45156 was up early to get her neice out, and decided to try out the new hoover - everywhere

• RMweb Premium

Done my vacuuming for today MrsB was still in bed her legs are hurting (a side effect of ME/CFS) the tumble drier was in operation as well as the washer. I hope Phil is doing OK on his own, it sounds like Stewart has a little too much company too early.

Mrs 45156 was up early to get her neice out, and decided to try out the new hoover - everywhere

Yes - nothing like the sound of an English Electric 16CSVT to rouse you from your slumbers :P

• RMweb Premium

Well, we prepared the foodstuffs we'll be bringing to the barbecue tonight! I only hope there won't be too many mosquitoes around, seeing that we'll be at a quarry pond near Trebur, which is fairly close to the Rhine :blink: .

Well, we prepared the foodstuffs we'll be bringing to the barbecue tonight! I only hope there won't be too many mosquitoes around, seeing that we'll be at a quarry pond near Trebur, which is fairly close to the Rhine :blink: .

Riedsee? If so, take Citronella candles! Better still, DEET spray :lol:

You'll be just down the road!

• RMweb Gold

Why is it much more complicated, and does it take ten times longer, to put together a "flat pack, easy-to-assemble" nest of coffee tables than it does a set af baseboards built from scratch.

p.s. a list has finally caught up with me.

• RMweb Premium

Riedsee? If so, take Citronella candles! Better still, DEET spray :lol:

You'll be just down the road!

No, one of those nameless ones (at least I'm not aware of them having any names) close to Geinsheim ;) . Perhaps a flame thrower would be useful as well? :D

No, one of those nameless ones (at least I'm not aware of them having any names) close to Geinsheim ;) . Perhaps a flame thrower would be useful as well? :D

There are a few around Geinsheim - and you are right. As far as I know, they don't have any names.

Enjoy - and don't forget to pack the flame thrower!

• RMweb Premium

There are a few around Geinsheim - and you are right. As far as I know, they don't have any names.

Enjoy - and don't forget to pack the flame thrower!

I actually didn't need any flame thrower - wonder if the tzatziki we brought contained sufficient garlic to act as a repellent? :D

Need to wind down first before heading to bed, though. Lots of talk there, so my mind's still too active. However - good night to you all! ;)

• RMweb Premium

Morning ERs...

Been raining a few minutes ago when I got up. Other than that, it's calm outside, as usually is the case on Sundays.

Will report back as soon as that coffee has had some effect :lol: ...

Morning All,

It is chucking it down with rain here at the moment. A right gloomy Sunday!

I am heading off to France this afternoon for a bit of a break - unfortunately, I won't have Internet access so you won't be hearing from me for the best part of a week. Back next Saturday!

Have a good day everyone...

Morning from sunny East Hampshire! Hardly an okta in sight!

I am heading off to France this afternoon for a bit of a break - unfortunately, I won't have Internet access so you won't be hearing from me for the best part of a week. Back next Saturday!

Bon Voyage, Robert!

• RMweb Gold

Have a great, relaxing time Robert - you deserve it!

It's been a horrid two days. Similarly to Gordon, our cat went missing all of yesterday, unfortunately she hasn't returned yet so I just hope she is OK. She was getting on a bit but was very healthy otherwise. Not only that but we've had two deaths in our village. Both in their 40s and both died of heart attacks. Very sad. We knew both people and they were both very nice sad.gif.

Still just have to chin up and try and move on.

Yesterday I did however manage to get some more model supplies to help build the castle.

Hope you all have had a better couple of days than I have!