The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Sunderland Eye Infirmary. . . I've never heard anything but praise for the place, and my own experience also confirms this . . .

The banks of the  Wear at Durham. . .an enjoyable walk where you can smell the history,

Goodnight all . . . .Pleasant dreams.

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Here we go again, just starting work, 6C37 crewe to carlisle and pass back for 08:00 in the morning, not a bad little job really, 60087 as usual

You really need to learn the S&C........... and give me some tonezzzz when passing my house!

I hope 60087 doesn't last as long as 66849 on this duty (September 2014-May 2015)

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 10

What’s a Breakfast Mushroom?

Sounds more like a Full American with their ubiquitous Hash Browns...

I would have at it though (assuming SWMBO was several thousand miles with my Dr.)

Best, Pete.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Morning all… Looks like a sunny day beckons. Bit of a frenzy and a trip to A&E last night as Elise had an accident caused by someone opening a car door while she was passing on her bike. Must have hurt like hell but fortunately, it turned out it was nothing worse than a set of contusions, so she's off work for the rest of the week to recover. Better to have had it checked in any case, though!

Happy Hump Day, everyone...

• RMweb Gold

Raining in carlisle this morning, in fact it rained pretty much from low gill all the way through to carlisle on the run up last night, hoping its raining in crewe too as i have had a new lawn laid that needs a water and as i'll be asleep all day i'm not bothered if it buckets down!

• Like 16

Morning  all, and a fine morning it is here on the Surrey Riviera. There'll be whelks on offer tonight!

Went to bed early and finally got a decent night's sleep, except that I woke at dawn...  nice to have coffee in the garden smelling the roses and listening to the dawn chorus whilst next-door's bl**dy dog is still asleep.

Haven't decided on breakfast, but it won't be the full English - banned by the Digestive Abuse Unit. Possibly a boiled egg and soldiers.

Waiting for deliveries today, presents for grandson's birthday. Then 'up in the loft'. Great...

Have a good day, all, especially those in travail and difficulty.

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Up early due to her indoors waking up to go pre teaching swimming.

Bit grey outside which means I can do some more crust earning today.

Have a great Wednesday everyone!

Dick, chuck a few whelks this way if there are any going spare please?

Baz

• Like 13

Morning All,

It is another nice sunny morning here today - supposedly it is going to be the hottest day of the week.  I have a day of testing to look forward to, with a particularly pedantic colleague - so should be fun!

It was great to hear about so many old computers.  It is amazing how much the field has advanced in such a short time.

trip to A&E last night as Elise had an accident caused by someone opening a car door while she was passing on her bike. Must have hurt like hell but fortunately, it turned out it was nothing worse than a set of contusions, so she's off work for the rest of the week to recover. Better to have had it checked in any case, though!

I hope the person concerned has good Haftpflichtversicherung! (Third party insurance - for those who don't speak German)

Knocking someone off their bike can cause you a lot of grief in this part of the world.  Hope Elise gets well soon.

Have a good day everyone...

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Seems like a nice morning.

I am building up enthusiasm for the journey to the roadside to deposit my bin bag.

Breakfast will be toast (seedy wholemeal) and more tea!

Dom, hope Elise is feeling OK this morning. My experiences hitting the road suggest it hurts a bit more the morning after and then improves.

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Morning from a sunny Surrey.

Busy evening fitting the second blind. Need to order two more now that I knew w these are suitable. Just he hassle having to drive some distance to collect them from the courier and wait a long time whilst they find the package.

Talking of which Parcelfarce tried delivering an EBay purchase (an old Windows Tablet and keyboard) yesterday but as usual they have left it at our post office which is only open normal WHSmith hours with no chance of getting theire for some time and no way of now getting it re delivered etc. So looks like I will have to please with my boss's to let me leave early to get back from the smoke before 17.30.

Other tasks last night included re juggling the N scale American stock trays to get more items in. Still some more work to do before loading and heading North tomorrow night for our stop enroute overnight.

I keep saying that I mustn't buy any more!!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I thought fly tipping was illegal?

No flies in my bin bag! We have a separate food waste container for anything that would attract flies or rodents!

Of course the regulations about when and where to place one’s bag are quite complex but we seem to cope!

• Like 9

A chance to catch up at last! I'm using an iPad Air, one of my birthday gifts from Ian, and it's great! More convenient and quicker than my laptop and more reliable.

My trip to France was rather a whirlwind, being only a week long this time. Nevertheless, I enjoyed my introduction to Race Week, especially the atmosphere in Le Mans city centre and at the circuit. Although I could only stay for the first few hours of the actual race, it has whetted my appetite for future visits. Having a knowledgeable and enthusiastic companion helped, of course!

On a more somber note, my aunt's funeral was an inspiring event with rousing hymns (although the organist was slightly overwhelmed by the difficult intro to "Jerusalem"!) heartwarming tributes from various grandchildren and a packed church. A convivial wake followed then we gathered at the family home where we sat in the garden. Luckily, I'd booked into the local Travelodge so no driving afterwards. Bizarrely, given that this was Devizes, I found the noise of the seagulls at night to be a nuisance, a rarity here in Torquay!

Thank you for all the supportive and kind messages. Have a good day!

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Sunshine & blue sky at the moment although possibility of cloud later and rain this evening.

I'm waiting in for a parcel which should have been delivered last week, was lost by the courier, replacement has been sent and was supposed to be here yesterday. Needless to say they have been told that I am unimpressed with the (lack of) service so far.

Today's task may well be clearing up the powdery mess that was the underlay under the carpet in the small bedroom. I distinctly remember the carpet fitter saying that the particular underlay we used would not crumble over time. He was mistaken!!!

Once that is done I may (or may not) start stripping the wallpaper.

Have a good one,

Bob.

P.S. Dom, I hope Elise soon recovers from her accident.

Edited by grandadbob

Today's task may well be clearing up the powdery mess that was the underlay under the carpet in the small bedroom. I distinctly remember the carpet fitter saying that the particular underlay we used would not crumble over time. He was mistaken!!!

Oh God. You've just reminded me that we need to go carpet shopping in Cromer. Deep joy. It's not like I need to be there... nothing I like will make the shortlist anyway...