The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

How about a Tea Trolly to nudge along, Phil?

I've seen this work and it doesn't have to carry tea.

That's actually a pretty good idea. When my Grandmother could no longer walk unassisted, my Grandad adapted a tea trolly for exactly that purpose. He extended the handles so she could push it standing up and she could also carry things as required. Far more useful than the Zimmer frame she had prior to the inventive adaptation.

Also on the subject of Zimmer frames - I was having a discussion with a colleague the other day about brandnames that make it into common usage. Things like Hoover and Kleenex. Zimmer is another one - anymore?

Ooooh! 301 pages :P

• RMweb Gold

I'm pretty sure that the answer will be to make 'zones' in my house - ie the kitchen is where I'll eat and drink, the lounge for watching telly and practicing one legged rock god poses etc. I think we all get used to different areas being multi-functional, as in having a cuppa in the lounge, so it becomes a tad strange when we have to deviate from that.

As long as I don't mix up the loo and any other room in the house I'll be fine....

• RMweb Gold
little things such as when you're on crutches you can't really carry anything

So I guess asking you to build my baseboards while you are just sitting round on your ar$e is out of the question then.

• RMweb Premium

It wasn't the layout although Mrs B says it smells, I painted it at least three weeks ago. It was ikea furniture from when the kids had a playroom now obslete. I am glad you invalids are feeling better Phil I think having a dry run at home might show that a few more days being looked after would be better for you.

Morning all (just!) Happy 301st...

The weather gods held off for tennis yesterday, and I've got a riding lesson this afternoon at 2.30.

Got a load of things to do (not model railway related, though, sadly). Got to pack for my trip away, leaving on Friday, plus need to produce accounts for our Masonic Lodge while I have free time today and tomorrow... Should really be gutting the flat too and tidying it out, but there are only so many hours in the day!

• RMweb Premium

Just three days and a bit each year then. Makes "I'll do it tomorrow" a lot simpler....wink.gif

Even more so when you consider that a Venus year has just 224 days! :D Of course, calculating all these values for Venus is made more complicated by the fact that the planet has a retrograde rotation.

• RMweb Premium

I once knew a girl with a retrograde rotation.

That sounds like the start of a limerick, but it doesn't scan very well...

...but was stuck in my durned procrastination.

How 'bout that?

Also on the subject of Zimmer frames - I was having a discussion with a colleague the other day about brandnames that make it into common usage. Things like Hoover and Kleenex. Zimmer is another one - anymore?

Biro!

Morning All,

It is rather grey and gloomy here this morning. It wouldn't surprise me if it rains pretty shortly.

I seem to have slept odd too - my back aches this morning. Maybe something to do with my axial tilt! :lol:

It is amazing how many product names are in common usage - I've found a few more:

Aspirin

Thermos

Velcro

Tipp-ex

Have a good day everyone!

Morning! Have woken up strangely early and not sure whether to get up or go back to sleep for a wee while.

Was hoping to see the aurora borealis last night as a result of the solar flares, but it was too cloudy in Edinburgh. Did anyone manage to see them?