The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Evening all,

Spent a large chunk of the day working on e-Bay, both listing a couple of surplus model railway items, and posting off an item which Joanna bought for quite a sum a while ago - a 'Wii Fit' complete kit including 'dance board' and several games! It was only used twice to my knowledge, but proved its usefulness by giving an early warning of arthritis in her hips. Only made coppers by comparison with the purchase price, but there seems to be a glut on the market and it was only gathering dust!

Did the graveyard duty again today, replacing the flowers and cleaning the headstone and the plaque on the nearby bench (placed by MiL some years back. The bench is quite new as the previous one was reduced to matchwood by a very short lady who could barely see over the steering wheel of her BMW X5!) At least she had the decency to own up, mind you, we were only a few yards away and Joanna's language might have even raised a blush from AndrewC! Brownie points duly banked!

Birds fed and tomato plants watered in the greenhouse - an absolutely lovely old client of mine used to bring me half a dozen such plants every year at the garage, and he still drops them off, even though it is now well over two years since I was taken ill! Some people just choke you with their kindness. One of the directors dropped them round to me so I'm up to date with the gossip again!

Neil, it seems like the weather is determined to mess up the TT schedule, even though they ran in the rain years ago. It must be a nightmare for the organisers and the police with the constantly changing road closure requirements!

Great to read that Ian is enjoying the hospitality in Prague - some interesting looking beers there, and proper size glasses!

Hope John(Killybegs) gets safely across the Irish Sea and up the Dumfries road, which isn't the easiest in good weather.

Sounds like you are nearly back to full fitness Andy(ram), hope your two ladies have shaken it off as well. Hope too that all our other sufferers and recovering post op members feel better with each passing day.

Looking forward to World Superbikes, TT and F1 action this weekend. The Sky+ box is set accordingly.

Hope you all have a great Sunday,

Kind regards,

Jock.

G'night all! C'mon Lewis!!

• Like 15

Evening all!

Two sugars... I hope your walk through Crimson Dean ea nice. Having worked there many years ago I have some very happy memories of the place.

Baz

It's very tranquil.. . . Pony World is where the fairground used to be, and as for the dene, they seem to be encouraging a return to/of nature , so no crowds of yesteryear .

Today was Shildon Show at Locomotion. . . That bl00dy woman was there again purveying her  gluten-free cake. . . . I was very good. . . I only bought a piece of orange cake. . . . . 

and a piece of coffee cake for tomorrow . . . .FAILED! ! ! !  Had it for me supper . . . .Goodnight all . . ..Sleep well..

• Like 12

30C here today and quite low humidity. Dropped to 18C by nine o'clock this evening. Very pleasant.

We dragged this carpet out of our storage shed and put it on the deck so we could decide whether to keep it or not. Torri and Shona have decided it's staying on the deck.

post-25691-0-87037800-1433653060_thumb.jpg

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from a very sunny village. Got up at stupid o clock this morning thinking it was 7.20 when it was 5.20 so having a leisurely start before setting off for the club open day.

5 crates of stock sorted out and stacked by he front door ready to put in the car in an hour or so. Looking forward to a good day and some good 'crack' with friends. Regards to all.

Jamie

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold

Today was Shildon Show at Locomotion. . . That bl00dy woman was there again purveying her  gluten-free cake. . . . I was very good. . . I only bought a piece of orange cake. . . . . 

and a piece of coffee cake for tomorrow . . . .FAILED! ! ! !  Had it for me supper . . . .Goodnight all . . ..Sleep well..

They were very nice, weren't they.

• Like 4

A bright, sunny morning as I await instructions to board "Mont St Michel" at Portsmouth for just a week with Ian this time as my aunt's funeral is on the 15th.

Hope you are enjoying sunny skies too!

Edited by Ashcombe
  • Like 18

• RMweb Gold

A bit of a lay in for us this morning probably due to the very late arrival in to Prague Friday night / Saturday morning coupled with a very hot day yesterday diluted with plenty of beer.

Hopefully it's a cooler day today.

Heading to Dobris to get more photos for the layout including shots for the backscene by mounting the camera on a monopod and holding it in the air remotely viewing and taking the shots via the phone. fingers crossed this will work.

• Like 12

Morning all from the sunny tropical paradise of the boring borough.

Leisurely Sunday morn on the patio with latte in hand.

Jock, turns out that HR formally withdrew several redundancy notices just as the transfer paperwork was drawn up. (Not that they actually forwarded the notice to the affected employees) to try and stop people like me from exercising their statutory 4 week trial. More tribunals to follow no doubt. I've decided it's too much hassle and will stay on until I can find something else. 1/3 of the way through Swansea. I've been promised a London based project next time.

Yesterday turned into DIY day as the bathroom sink waste pipe crumbled. Cheap pic + direct sun + 15 years at least = plastic crumbs. Easy enough to replace but a nuisance none the less. Today will be bbq and concrete day. Just hope I don't mix them up.

Bon voyage Sherry

Bill, hope the mince is feeling better.

To everyone else enjoy the day.

• RMweb Gold

A beautiful sunny day here too.

The wind seems to have dropped a little, it was really wild yesterday.

Off soon to do some revision with yr11 students for tomorrow's GCSE Maths second paper.

Don't think I'll take them any orange sweets though.

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium

Still a bit breezy here but nice and sunny.

Two sugars and BoD... I was offered a piece of chocolate cake with my cricket tea yesterday but politely refused. Hope the do at Locomotion was good.

Have a restful Sunday..hope the concreting goes well Andrew!

Baz

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium

Bill

The Castleford team seem to turn up spinners of all kinds. We had three off spinners and one leg spinner yesterday.

The England selectors are blind to the spin batteries in the Yorkshire teams....and if they do select them I guess they couldn't set a field for them.

Baz

Edited by Barry O

• RMweb Premium

The sun is trying to break through.

Hope it does as it's out Jubilee golf competition and BBQ afterwards.

Then home to watch a recorded F1.

Meanwhile - off to tidy up at wife's work before the leisure begins..........

Have a good day folks.

Mick

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

It is a very pleasant morning here.

I haven't made any plans for today. Perhaps Aditi has but hasn't shared them yet.

Tony

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Morning all. Did I mention that hayfever sux0rs? Although there's a solid eight oktas in the sky, no rain is expected for the Leipzig area, and no t-storms did appear yesterday either… Anyone not affected by hayfever can really call themselves lucky, says I.

Enjoy what you do!

A bright, sunny morning as I await instructions to board "Mont St Michel" at Portsmouth for just a week with Ian this time as my aunt's funeral is on the 15th.

Hope you are enjoying sunny skies too!

Safe journey Sherry, hope you enjoy trying to stay awake for 24hrs!

Kind regards,

Jock.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

Noises of an emerging proper job breakfast are coming from the kitchen so I might suddenly depart, yum!

Pete - urban muntjac seem quite common.  We have one in the garden quite frequently although as certain growing veg is now 'protected' it might not reappear this year.  Our record at any one time was 5 in the front garden busying themselves one Christmas Eve trying to get at the contents of a couple of bird feeders.  Some say they are quite good to eat although I seriously doubt a .177 airgun would do the first stage of the job.

Have a good day one & all - we might be heading out for a riverside walk, which could be quite entertaining if some of the usual sunny Sunday goings on occur with certain visitors from the Reading area.

• Like 8