The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

I wonder how many accidents have happened where  pedestrians/ cyclists/ motorist say 'I didnt see that' (or the equivalent in German)  when they have a colision with a bright yellow tram!!!

I had a car of a similar colour, someone shot out of a side turning into the side of it, and yes he said SMIDSY.

Edited by PhilJ W

• RMweb Premium

That isn't a key hole its part of the towing brackets for towing M1s, Leo 2s etc.

CV12 is multi fuel..currently running on used cooking oil from Army bases.

The DTT is a driver training tank with no big gun and a ballasted fixed turret with seats and controls for a driver trainee and an instructor in the fixed turret.

Major boys toy!

Achieves 56kph nominal, 6 speed gearbox, hydrogas suspension...so the crew might not have noticed the car being dragged along.

I hope the Army take the young lady out for a spin in one!

Baz

PS yes I do miss my days at Barnbow working on the best tank in the world!

• Like 9

At last!  Hopefully the net will tighten further…:-)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32982449

Perhaps they should also amend the voting formula based on number of Professional Club Teams, Ticket Sales or some other means based on popularity. As much as I like Africa it is absurd that they are the biggest voting bloc.

Best, Pete.

Am I looking at things the wrong way round or does that tank hap[pen to be on the wrong side of the road in Germanic terms?

The turret is facing backwards. Stops the big bangy thing denting buses or causing mayhem at corners, traffic lights and so on. I suspect it tried hard to miss the small car as well and swerved.

• RMweb Gold

Modifying one of my late father's expressions, "Don't protest your right of way from underneath a bus tank". Do we know, by the way, if the tank's air bag was deployed? Perhaps one for Barry O to answer? :no:

My experience of Challenger's predecessor, the Chieftain, was that the air bag sat in the cupola  on the rhs of the turret.

I suspect nothing has changed since those days.

• RMweb Premium

Evening.  Poor practice for TT, rain showers so an untimed session, no light so no photos, sorry Jock!  It's the anniversary tomorrow, so Jayne's big test.....it's the last 'first' to get out of the way.  I have to work unfortunately.  They're going to have a little gathering at Gary's memorial tree.

Jamie, we got married the day before my birthday so I have never neglected our anniversary in 31 years!

Love the tank photo, our TT houseguest used to pilot something like that in his past, I think he's going to need CPR the way he's laughing like a drain currently!  Little sympathy for the car driver shown.  He agrees about the 'airbag' too, Richard.

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

Airbags optional (as are furry dice) but it does have reversing lights(!) indicators and a great big flashing light on top of the turret.

I suppose the operator was busy brewing up in the Boiling Vessel  so wasn't keeping a look out...

I know its camouflaged but ........

on another point - well done Kiwi!  They deserved to win and some of the England players need a kick up their back sides!

Baz

• Like 3

My experience of Challenger's predecessor, the Chieftain, was that the air bag sat in the cupola  on the rhs of the turret.

I suspect nothing has changed since those days.

Nothing had changed when I left 15 years ago (was it really that long ago?). I had one temporary airbag who wasn't concentrating at one time. Braking very hard I managed to eject him out of the cupola. For some reason he never travelled with me again.

• Like 1

Evening all. I hope today has gone well. Thanks to Jock for the good wishes. I can say that I got through the first day back, but it was a struggle. I woke up at 6am to a dose of something unpleasant which required a dose of Imodium. I pretty much starved myself all day and drank only the odd mug of tea. No wonder I feel exhausted. On the plus side the cough seems to have eased so I should be grateful for small mercies.

Remaining positive I have had some nice layouts confirm for our show in November with two being models I have admired on RMWeb. Could be a bit of a social gathering at the end of the year.

Interesting conversation in the staff room earlier. The head teacher was discussing my ex pupil who recently got appointed to the staff for next year. She apparently was asked what made her want to teach. Her response was how she had been inspired by one of her primary teachers who had really taken time to help her. She had said that she had wanted to emulate "his" achievements. When the head asked if she was referring to me her response was........."No". Oh well!

Remaining positive I have had some nice layouts confirm for our show in November with two being models I have admired on RMWeb. Could be a bit of a social gathering at the end of the year.

Looking forward to the show - been every year so far :)

• Like 3

Evening all. I hope today has gone well. Thanks to Jock for the good wishes. I can say that I got through the first day back, but it was a struggle. I woke up at 6am to a dose of something unpleasant which required a dose of Imodium. I pretty much starved myself all day and drank only the odd mug of tea. No wonder I feel exhausted. On the plus side the cough seems to have eased so I should be grateful for small mercies.

Interesting conversation in the staff room earlier. The head teacher was discussing my ex pupil who recently got appointed to the staff for next year. She apparently was asked what made her want to teach. Her response was how she had been inspired by one of her primary teachers who had really taken time to help her. She had said that she had wanted to emulate "his" achievements. When the head asked if she was referring to me her response was........."No". Oh well!

Of coarse. . .she could have been telling little porkies to avoid embarrassing anyone. . . . 

Goodnight all . . .and Sleep well.

Edited by Two_sugars

Film crew all over the sea front at the moment in Teignmouth. Looks like they are turning the sea wall by the yacht club into the main filming area. Palm trees and lobster pots unloaded from vans, clothing hanging in vans, people all over the sea front with walkie talkies. The Crowhurst yacht is round on the river beach. Have not seen Colin Firth yet but will have a stroll down there on Thursday.

• Like 8

Spent half night in a+e. May be absent for a while, nothing serious.

Bill

You weren't in St George's Tooting by any chance?  My SiL injured his leg playing football, so he and Katy were there most of last night as well.  Funny thing was they ended up being mike'd up as Channel 4 were filming their '24 Hours in A & E' whilst he was truly suffering.

They left about midnight with Matt on crutches and his leg in a brace having apparently torn some ligaments and damaged his knee cartilage.

I think it could be time for him to hang up his boots.

Morning one and all.  27 holes today in the Mid Week Championship, so hoping for a good 'un.

The news about FIFA just keeps getting better and better…:-)