The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Good morning all. Went to bed at 8:00. Woke up at 4:00, got up at 4:30. Cafe au lait (with dash of brandy) at 5:30. Started the day with a smile over Dd's junk yard. Good news from BoD getting away for a break. You deserve it. Also my idea of a perfect holiday. A quiet hotel (in my case, guest farm). Early morning coffee brought to you in bed, three meals a day, drinks before lunch and dinnr, sitting in the sun (I am more or less guaranteed that) with a good book. ENJOY. When does it happen?

How are you(s) Stewart and Phil?

In Safrikan "yous" is often used as plural of you!

Have a great Tuesday all!

Have a good break rest, BoD.

I can't remember what doing nothing feels like.

Junk Yard is on website under 'P.C. Werld investigates'.

Amazing how all those offcuts and bits of junk get used.

Yes, it is sad about the old folk (present company excepted).

Losing their personalities may be the worst thing.

• RMweb Premium

I can't remember what doing nothing feels like.

I can, and it's great for about a day - probably feels a lot better if it's not enforced by circumstances.

Don, things appear to be loosening up a bit now, and I can bend my leg back to about 90 degrees - last week it had to stay flat. I need to exercise it three times daily in every direction, so that the muscles don't get wasted.

Very early start this morning as we have our neice due for a few days, and of course due to my injury, I can't do a lot to help with preparations.

Absolutely chucking it down again in the North - and there's Chris Evans on the radio saying how lovely and hot it is down South - still we need the rain up here, as some of our reservoirs are only half full and they've also closed a great lump of the Leeds-Liverpool canal to conserve water as the Barrowford reservoir is used to top the levels up, and is even less full as a result.

I'll get back onto ERs a bit later to see who else is about.

Morning all!

Not as early a start for me today, thankfully, although I did really enjoy yesterday. I'm playing tennis this afternoon. Other than that, not sure what else the day holds!

Probably spend a bit of time tidying and clearing out some stuff.

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Positively peaceful in these parts today. Only got two glaziers fitting the last of the replacement window frames. SWMBO is back on Thursday so I better make the best of the lack of lists. Bound to be lots of things that "need" doing on her return.

Cheers

Dave

Morning all.....

Nice and quiet for the next few weeks as the main road is being dug up again to fit a new water main. Plus side is no traffic for 8 weeks. Downside is that we are cut off from the town and a half mile trip to Tesco's and the town now involves a five mile diversion. Win some, lose some I guess....

Big tidy up day today as everything is all over the place again. It has been pointed out to me that 95% of it is mine...cool.gif

Hen pecked? Who me?...

• RMweb Gold

Hello all ERs.

Not been posting on here for a while as you probably know. Hope all those who have seen better days recover soon!

Life has been quite busy again but is now slowing down so I can enjoy the summer holidays. Didn't get to the next stage in the job process but at least it has been good experience.

Progress on the layout front has been good as you can see from my blog.

Driving lessons are going really well, including busy city centres and big roundabouts.

Now I've just got to enjoy the summer holiday and crack on with the layout!

Hi Jam, Good to see you back among us.

I've visited your blog and observed the hard work you have done.

Very precise and very well done.

Good news about your driving confidence too.

Sorry about the job.

Are you looking for part time/holiday employment or a carreer?

regards

Don

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Robert! smile.gif

Hi Don,

Thanks for the support.

Probably just a holiday job really. I may be able to work with Dad doing some carpentry or just generally help him with building work etc.

I'm really pleased with the driving at the moment - need to start learning some theory really.

Didn't you have to pass a theory test for your leaners.

Here there is a written theory exam to get a learners.

It's quite stiff and many fail it.

Any way, enjoy the holiday.

What will you be doing after the hols?

• RMweb Gold

I think we have to do a theory test to be able to take the practical.

After the hols it is back to college for one more year, probably taking the layout to some exhibitions along the way. Of course I've also got the theory and practical driving tests at some points as well.

If the weather stays like this it should be a good summer holiday. Very un-British though! laugh.gif

What's the weather like for you at the moment Don?

For the last few days it's started out cloudy then cleared by noon but still coolish temperature wise. Although today's forecast was 18, I'm wearing a jersey.

BoD does not agree with you. He was complaining about the low grey clouds.

Have you got all the track and points (OO and NG) that you need for Calshot II?

• RMweb Gold

There are grey clouds here but it is surprisingly mild which just happens to be about the right temperature.

I have all the NG points for Calshot II but I'm debating whether to buy new OO points. I have some insulfrog ones at the moment, but I'm fed up of dead frogs (no, not the creatures!) as every locomotive stalls on them. I've had the points for some time so they're not great anyway. Perhaps it's time to spend yet more money and go for some electrofrog ones!

There are grey clouds here but it is surprisingly mild which just happens to be about the right temperature.

I have all the NG points for Calshot II but I'm debating whether to buy new OO points. I have some insulfrog ones at the moment, but I'm fed up of dead frogs (no, not the creatures!) as every locomotive stalls on them. I've had the points for some time so they're not great anyway. Perhaps it's time to spend yet more money and go for some electrofrog ones!

Firstly, do those Hornby track clips not work with your points?

Secondly, if you do go electro-frog, don't forget the insulated fishplates (SL-11) on (at least) the two middle rails!