The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

A'noon.  Future postings may be sporadic for a couple of weeks - TT time!

Guests arrived OK after their 4am start - ugh.  The remainder that are staying with Jayne were overnight on the ferry with the van full of bikes, so I don't think it'll be a late night tonight.

Tomorrow may be different, but I have to work 4 days next week so earplugs may be needed!

• Like 11

Good evening from Sarajevo, where the hills are green and the sun is shining. I am on route to Nuremberg but it's a rather circular route.

Can anyone suggest a way to get photos onto here from my phone? Otherwise I am afraid you will have to wait til I get home and then suffer from severe pic spam.

No asparagus here. Incidentally the stuff in Cologne came with hollandaise, boiled potatoes and schnitzel.

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Can anyone suggest a way to get photos onto here from my phone? Otherwise I am afraid you will have to wait til I get home and then suffer from severe pic spam.

What sort of phone is it?

Visited Cockington, the scene of the impending nuptials. Admired the Registry Office and The Drum, duly impressed.

There was a wedding being held there and they were taking the 'before' pix - the bride and bridesmaids, all of Devonshire Dumpling proportions, wore nuclear dresses - plenty of scope for fallout.

We did visit the craft place and Sandy bought some glass - there are, amongst others, a glass blower and a blacksmith working there.

Now it's back to pack up ready for the journey home tomorrow.

Glad you liked our choice; we are delighted to be able to celebrate our union in one of our favourite places.

I hope you have a safe and easy journey home.

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from a slightly cloudy village 5 miles south of Headingley.   Set off early today to Cleckheaton to help staff the Brig and Buy stall.    Quite a good day as I only bought a few odds and ends and a 6 wheel full brake that was going cheap.   The test etch for my NBR coaches was on the Publications stand and the good news is that we took advance orders for 18 of them.   The downside was some thieving varmint taking a motor gearbox that I'd bought, from under the stand where stupidly it was accessible to the great unwashed.  Not what I would have expected at a GOG event.   Anyway I met of lot of good people so had a good day all in all.

Jamie

What sort of phone is it?

Good evening from Sarajevo, where the hills are green and the sun is shining. I am on route to Nuremberg but it's a rather circular route.

No asparagus here. Incidentally the stuff in Cologne came with hollandaise, boiled potatoes and schnitzel.

If its a smart phone you can put them straight on to RM Web. I do this but have to ensure that they are the lowest quality images possible.

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Popped down to the small exhibition at Benfleet today. Being a local exhibition I'd seen most of the layouts before but one that was new to me was 'Port Elkin' a 00 scale 12 mm gauge Isle-of-Man layout with a short tramway as well. Bumped into a few people I know including some fellow club members but I didn't see Tony who said he'd be there.

• Like 7

Evening all. A mixed day weather wise, and everything else wise too. Last night was pretty sleepless until about 2.30am thanks to the constant and irritating cough. Who would have thought that the old wives tale of rubbing Vic's Vapour Rub onto the soles of both feet would actually work. It allowed me some sleep until the neighbour woke me at 6.30am by unloading his garage. It later was clear why as we saw him standing the local car boot which Sarah dragged me to just after 9am. She picked up a few clothes which she resells on EBay for a profit - something that always surprises me.

Sarah was disappointed when I called off our dinner date tonight, I just did not feel up to it. This has led to the cold shoulder for much of the day.

I felt a little brighter in the afternoon so ventured out to the garden centre with Amber so that we could choose a few plants for the garden. For a 3 and a half year old she has a pretty good eye. She also proved quite helpful when planting them this afternoon. I must admit that gardening was not my wisest choice as feel pretty exhausted now.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Jock, Yes, I'd always assumed Quinn was Greek after "The Guns of Navarone" which I think pre-dates Zorba? I think he was actually born in Mexico. I also have a fond memory of meeting Gregory Peck when 21 after I joined Capitol Records - Peck was a director of the company.

I've never seen my Mother so thrilled............

Ah, to be young once more........

Best, Pete

Edited by trisonic
  • Like 9

• RMweb Gold

As in Travellintrev?

The Internet in general and this place in particular is fantastic for making virtual friends - and very good friends too.

However the majority are just that, virtual friends, and when something untoward happens we are not likely ever to find out.

Sad but true.

The Internet in general and this place in particular is fantastic for making virtual friends - and very good friends too.

However the majority are just that, virtual friends, and when something untoward happens we are not likely ever to find out.

Sad but true.

I think it should be a clause written into wills, decree nisi and other documents that if the person involved vanishes, dies, divorces or becomes terminally unable to communicate that I.T. type friendships should be fully informed.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Evenin' all,

Well we actually went out - to Blenheim Palace as herself remarked a week or two back that we hadn't been there 'for a very long time and we should go again', so we did.  Rather busy there today as the sunshine was getting folk out & about although it wasn't exactly hot but enjoyable all the same apart from the brain transplant donors who seem to be a regular feature propelling their motor vehicles on the Oxford by-pass  So we returned via Witney & Abingdon - and got a nice view as left Witney of an RAF C-17 flying circuits of Brize Norton at a suitably low altitude, shame I couldn't stop to take some pics.

Seems I was slightly off-beam about the good Doctor's route from Koln to Nurnberg - should have been obvious to me that she was going via Sarajevo.

Good night all - and hope your weather tomorrow is better than the soggy day we're expecting - which, alas, means i won't be able to cut the hedge.

• Like 15

Evening all,

Managed to avoid cutting the dandelion patch today as Joanna decided that cleaning her mum and dad's grave and replenishing the flowers was more important - then it was a visit to Tesco to help out grandson's partner as he has been late receiving payment for last month's work (he is self employed in the building trade!). We did a weekly shop for them and the two kids, which was an eye opener when matched to our normal checkout payment! You are welcome to take bets on who ultimately foots the bill! The joy they give us makes it all worthwhile, and as someone said, 'there are no pockets in a shroud!'

Hope all our holidaymakers have a good night, and wish a safe and uneventful journey home to John and Sandy.

Ian(OD), good luck with the pics, if last year's are anything to go by, we are in for a treat.

Rather weary and a bit nauseous tonight so I'll check in again tomorrow - hope you all enjoy your Sunday to the full,

Kind regards,

Jock.

G'night all!

Hello again,

Ian(Abel), that excellent set of images came in as I typed my last post but well worth waiting for!

As to 'lightengine's' query about Tex, we've even tried a personal e-mail without success! As Ian mentioned in his post above - several of us had a dialogue about such an eventuality, prompted by the passing of dear old Don in Cape Town, when we were updated about his passing by his son in law! I have prepared comprehensive instructions on how to sign in and post on here, and my nursing sister daughter is sufficiently competent in the use of my PC and is happy to comply with my wishes! Grandson No1 is the back - up!

Kind regards,

Jock.

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Evening all!

Rotherham Town Cc scored 345-5 off 55 overseas. Sheff collegiate didn't score as many despite 68 from Billy Root.

More cricket tomorrow.

Enjoyed a ring-it-and - bring it curry for tea. Yummy!

Baz

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

HTC desire

I don't have an Android phone but this Android tablet seems to support adding photos. Go to ,"reply with attachments". When adding the photo on this one it gives an option of camera or documents. Choosing documents seems to find all the photo directories.

• RMweb Gold

I did go to the Benfleet exhibition today. I am not exactly sure what time it was but middayish.

Then we went off to Enfield. MiL was very pleased with the seat/storage item we had ordered for her. She persuaded us to stay for dinner. Traffic was very light this evening.

Hopefully a quiet day at home on Sunday but Aditi has garden tasks planned for whenever the rain ceases.

• Like 11