The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Evening all.  Now back at home in Cumbria after a long drive from St Neots.  Fortunately the A1 and A66 were both pretty clear and we made good time.  We had great weather all the way, which made the journey better.  We had a stop at Rheged (at Penrith, just off the M6/A66), and went to view the Lakeland Herdwick photo exhibition, which had some superb photos of hills, sheep and lakes etc.  Well worth a visit if you are passing that way until the 19 April (and free!).

Serious annoyance at home as I had expected a letter from the Pension company and nothing had arrived in the last 2 weeks.  As I retire in less than 4 weeks, I would quite like to know that they are actually going to start paying my pension to me!  There will be some serious phone calls at work tomorrow!

Glad to see that Ian is back on line and hopefully recovering OK.

It's when you're walking the canines by water and you hear a dog-shaped splash that you know you're going to feel slightly damp in a short while when she comes to sit on your lap.

Talking of things 'doggy', our 13 mth Jack Russell (Bingley - has previously been my avatar pic) has just figured out that if he drops his ball the human will throw it again. Now means we don't have to take more than one out. As a bonus he also carried it home as well.

Hoping everyone's day has been at least satisfactory, if not here's to the morrow. :-)

Edited by leopardml2341
  • Like 13

• RMweb Premium

and now settling down to an evening of trying to figure out how to cut out the back of a 45xx cab without making a total cock of it again.

So the other way of doing it provides you with, erm, a toy?

Today has been spent filling in the platform edge on Höchstädt and painting the Preiser figures.  I have stuck down the "seated" figures in the beer garden with most of them having a beer glass set in front of them.  A beer glass is about 3mm in Spur Null, and at least has a flat bottom.  Some of the ladies should be drinking wine, but wine glasses are about 2mm with a pointed bottom, that is going to be a fun job.  A reminder to our Essex brethren that Höchstädt is at the Romford show on 25 & 26 April, so hope to meet Phil and Tony, and anyone else who fancies a gossip.  Keith (Tetsudofan) will be operating on the Saturday.

Bill

• Like 9

Some of the ladies should be drinking wine ...

I know (knew) several German ladies who were quite happy with beer. 

And I shall be there to operate at some stage. Just tell me when. :senile: 

Tony

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Travelled back from the south west today in the belief that the traffic would be better. How wrong I was. The traffic wasn't too bad, just terrible when mixed in with the re-instated road works.

Time to get myself sorted for work tomorrow.

where about are the roadworks?

We are travelling down to Melksham this weekend and have a choice of A303 to Stonehenge (preferred route) or the M4 (not so enjoyable but slightly quicker).

We are travelling down to Melksham this weekend and have a choice of A303 to Stonehenge (preferred route) or the M4 (not so enjoyable but slightly quicker).

Either of those should be OK. The problems I had were on the A35 and A31

• RMweb Gold

Talking of things 'doggy', our 13 mth Jack Russell (Bingley - has previously been my avatar pic) has just figured out that if he drops his ball the human will throw it again.

How odd. It must be new tricks day for dogs. Robbie has always been really good at chasing and catching anything that is thrown but today was the first day ever he has repeatedly brought the ball back. He will be eleven this year!
  • Like 11

• RMweb Premium

Evening all, Had another good day today with a committee meeting to do with Aspergers Syndrome at Ingrow on the KWVR. This went well punctuated by the sounds of a dub dee going up and down the valley outside the building we were in. This evening Mark and I got the rest of our test etch done for the first North British coach so all in all a good day.

Hope that Ian is progressing and that You are feeling a bit better Jock.

Goodnight all.

Jamie

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold

It's when you're walking the canines by water and you hear a dog-shaped splash that you know you're going to feel slightly damp in a short while when she comes to sit on your lap.

Years ago my mate's girlfriend have a brand new Moggie 4+4 I think. With my girlfriend ( now missus) the four of us used to go out and the car owners Red Setter would come along. Whereever we stopped the Setter would always find water to jump in. Getting back in the car it would lay on my lap and dry off ready for the next dip. Happy days though. Sadly on a service a Mechanic left a rag on the engine. It burst into flames on the A303. Small porblem with getting a replacement.

Don

Are you going to Trainwest? I should be there helping operate Sheep Pasture with Barrow Road of this parish.

This is a late check in for me but, having only just got back from my meeting in Enniskillen, I needed to unwind and have a wee snack before doing the bins and eventually getting to bed. Tomorrow is going to get off to a hectic start: drop Steph off,walk and feed the dogs, remember not to feed Tigger, have breakfast, take Tigger to the vet for her op, go and see a friend and probably get back about lunchtime. Pack a bag for two weeks, chase up a few people who are dragging their heels, renew breakdown cover, pick up Tigger from Vet, collect Steph from work, get supper ........

I might just get to check on ER's at some point. 

Thursday morning I will be getting the bus down to Dublin to avail myself of Mr O'Leary's hospitality on my flight to Bristol, from where I will catch a train to Cheltenham where I have to remember to collect all my rail tickets for the next two weeks.

So don't worry if you don't hear from me for a while!

Good to see Ian back; and Debs has nae probs wi sun block, either.

Just booked a couple of tickets for Ozric Tentacles in Glasgow online - so as well as taking their 'booking fee' they also charge me £2.50 to print out myself - eh? Is it me?

Mal

Morning all,

Not feeling great again tonight but I did manage to mow the 'lawn' and dinner was a success. Topped that off with putting out the rubbish and recycling so nightcap followed by sleep is on the agenda.

John (Killybegs), hope you have a safe and trouble free journey and the same goes for Ian (Roundhouse) who has certainly covered a lot of the UK in the last few days.

Baz, hope you can still enjoy the break despite having the health issues hanging over you, it will be a great relief when the medics finally sort out exactly what you need!

Anyone check out Tony's link to the Clacton boat incident? Imagine what the so-called builder's workmanship is like if his 'boat' is anything to go by!

Neil, very enigmatic - I look forward to the denouement in due course.

Ian (OD), good luck with the catheter, we're still thinking of you! Sherry, drive carefully and good luck with the equine duties.

The hump is here again so soon, it really does seem to come round quicker each week!

Kind regards,

Jock.

G'night all!

I'm sitting here because I tried to load some photos into iPhoto about six hours ago and crashed it completely. Unrecoverably so. There's a beta of Yosemite 10.10.3 available, so I've loaded and installed that, and then the new iPhoto replacement, Photos. And now I'm trying to recover a library of 14000 photos...

I may be here all night.

Sweet dreams, amigos.

In baby news, Baby Squid aka Leo has kindly agreed to switch to a diurnal cycle broadly similar to those of we adult mortals and no longer requires entertaining between ca. 1am and 4am.

Leo may not have told you this, but he has retained the right to revert to previous arrangements, as and when he sees fit.

Leo may not have told you this, but he has retained the right to revert to previous arrangements, as and when he sees fit.

Yes, but the small print in the same contract gives us the right in case of on-going regression to take him to the park to live with the ducks.

• Like 3