The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Turned out to be a pretty nice day after all! :) Sun's out and temps are just about 22° now, with a bit of wind. Very suitable for getting all that heat out of the flat. Preparing dinner'll be next.

• RMweb Premium

I've just spent a very pleasant few hours chatting and strolling in the Taunus.

Good choice. By the way, did I ever mention I was frequently dreaming about a Rhätische Bahn-like narrow gauge railway into the Taunus when I was a kid? :lol:

The only trouble with Gordon's list is that it is the 24th July not the 19th and that is the list from 2008 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers

Nonetheless, it's still a To Do List!!! There's no time like the future!

• RMweb Gold

The only trouble with Gordon's list is that it is the 24th July not the 19th and that is the list from 2008 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers

Sounds like Gordon's lists have the same completion timescale as mine.

• RMweb Premium

Morning ERs...

Been up for a while already, but felt too dozy to post anything at least remotely substantial :lol: . Very quiet outside and cool air - but I think the rabbits like it that way. I once read they feel most comfortable between 8 and 12°.

Have a nice day all!

Morning All,

Another nice sunny morning here. Looks like it has potential to be quite warm later on.

Good choice. By the way, did I ever mention I was frequently dreaming about a Rhätische Bahn-like narrow gauge railway into the Taunus when I was a kid? :lol:

Perhaps that's a good business opportunity Dominik! Build a narrow gauge railway to take tourists from Wiesbaden up the Nerotal and beyond into some of the more inaccessible parts. B) The old Wiesbaden-Taunus station on the Rheinstrasse could be re-opened as the starting point!

Having said that, the preserved railway up there (which I always think of as the Taunus Bahn - but it isn't) didn't make enough money to stay afloat - so it probably wouldn't be that good a business venture...

Have a good day everyone.

The only trouble with Gordon's list is that it is the 24th July not the 19th and that is the list from 2008 laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Cheers

Well, I'll be blowed. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Do you know I never noticed that.....I'm sure that came from the 2010 Farnborough site.

Dreadful news from Germany last night. Similar situation to Hillsborough with too may people being funnelled into a confined space...sad.gif

• RMweb Premium

Having said that, the preserved railway up there (which I always think of as the Taunus Bahn - but it isn't) didn't make enough money to stay afloat - so it probably wouldn't be that good a business venture...

You mean the Aartalbahn? Yeah, I heard about their struggle.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

So far, so good. Only five weeks and six days of list avoidance left.

Have a good day.

Are your local shops full of "Back to School" offers yet?

Morning all.

It is much cooler and rather dull here this morning.

I'll be taking Matthew to the shops later as all the trousers he was taking on holiday seem to need replacing. At least he now seems to have got to the age where he he doesn't have to replace clothes due to outgrowing them.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Dreadful news from Germany last night. Similar situation to Hillsborough with too may people being funnelled into a confined space...:(

Sounds like it indeed, from what I read up on the Hillsborough tragedy :( . Must be one of the most cruel ways to die indeed...

Afternoon All,

I am feeling absolutely exhausted this afternoon! The weekend is supposed to be relaxing :blink:

Still - I had a very pleasant day. I had lunch with friends, while listening to a Jazz concert, and then came back home to do a few jobs getting myself ready for work tomorrow. I decided not to go for a bike ride, thinking it was better to have a rest - and promptly fell asleep for two hours!

Dreadful news from Germany last night. Similar situation to Hillsborough with too may people being funnelled into a confined space...sad.gif

Yes - a truly dreadful situation. It sounds like the site had a few access problems reading between the lines. They must have known that they were expecting such a huge number of people - still, it is easy to look for people to blame when such a tragedy occurs.

You mean the Aartalbahn? Yeah, I heard about their struggle.

That's the one Dominik.

• RMweb Premium

I had lunch with friends, while listening to a Jazz concert (...)

Would that have been at some place in Wiesbaden? While I do not specifically know if there are any locations there which offer this kind of thing I would think there may very well be some, considering the impression I am having of the city :) . My dad recently had a business dinner at Nassauer Hof - along with an opera at the State Theatre right across the street - which I understand is about the most prestigious hotel and restaurant there.

• RMweb Gold

I survived the shopping trip with Matthew. He was buying jeans, t-shirts and books for the holiday. I'll probably read the Bill Bryson book he bought. I had left my phone at home so I told Matthew to meet me back at the car. I didn't buy anything apart from some Euros (just enough in case the only garage open at early riser hours won't take my credit card) for the start of the holiday (depart Thursday evening). Matthew didn't take too long over the shopping, I only had time to listen to about half a cd.

By the time we were back the German GP was over but I watched the "red button" highlights.

No one wants any dinner tonight, we all ate a lot yesterday and at breakfast this morning.

Tony

Would that have been at some place in Wiesbaden? While I do not specifically know if there are any locations there which offer this kind of thing I would think there may very well be some, considering the impression I am having of the city :) . My dad recently had a business dinner at Nassauer Hof - along with an opera at the State Theatre right across the street - which I understand is about the most prestigious hotel and restaurant there.

Yup! Käfers at the Kurhaus - which is a very civilised way to spend a Sunday afternoon - and I hasten to add, very reasonably priced!

The Nassauer Hof is fantastic - was he able to stay and try the thermal baths?

Which Opera did your Dad see?

• RMweb Premium

Yup! Käfers at the Kurhaus - which is a very civilised way to spend a Sunday afternoon - and I hasten to add, very reasonably priced!

Haven't been there myself yet, but the Kurhaus sure looks like a comfy place from the outside :) . So does Käfer's, going by the images on their web site.

was he able to stay and try the thermal baths?

No, they stayed for dinner only.

Which Opera did your Dad see?

I think it was Lucia di Lammermoor.

Morning All,

It is a bit of a gloomy morning here - with rain on and off. Apparently, that is the forecast for most of the week - but at least it isn't too hot.

I'm quite surprised to be in first this morning! Perhaps everyone has had a similar amount of trouble getting up that I did. It seemed to be one of those Mondays where getting out of bed was extremely hard. :tongueclear:

I think it was Lucia di Lammermoor.

Good choice! I was just curious because I have a few friends who work there.

Have a good day everyone...

• RMweb Premium

Morning all!

You're right, Robert, the weather we're having isn't really like summer :blink: . But I guess it is just what nature has been longing for after all that heat, so that's fine with me.

Have a nice day all! ;)

Good morning all.

A very pleasant weekend weatherwise, but uneventful.

How were the roundabouts Jam and the interview?

Congrats on Headline pic Gordon.

I know you have earned your break BoD and Mick (My Mother was a teacher, so I know) but I do envy you your 6 weeks!

I hope the week is good for all of you.