The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Good luck with the Interview.

You don't need luck for the driving lesson.

Driving is fun - plus, the instructor has dual controls so very little can go wrong.

(Although it did go wrong for a friend of mine - but that's another story)

As far as the interview is concerned. If you want my advice, ignore the advice of anybody else :P and go in there and be yourself! Good luck!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Friday again and oktas are all present and correct(?). Why am I not surprised you couldn't resist that banjo Mr. Harding? Now you have a guitar for each hand (and foot). I was having fun bashing drums for a while but then my youngest gave up learning and SWMBO sold the drum kit!

Busy weekend ahead as I have to go up to The Smoke tomorrow to meet some friends (food and alcohol will feature prominently) then hopefully I'll be allowed out to play trains at the Gauge 0 Guild open day affair at Otterbourne on Sunday. It's a tough life for some of us. Have a good (and cold free) one all.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

The weather looks nice,so at least the washing should dry. Apparently there is a shopping list but I can't find it. I'm sure my wife hides the list to make my life more interesting!

I've also got to do a bit of searching for wherever I put my scart cables. My MiL's video and Sky box were connected to her old television through the aerial connector but her new television has lots of inputs. I know I put all my scart cables somewhere but I can't remember.

Tony

I can offer virtuosity on the comb and paper to the combo although it makes my lips itch.

SWMBO is a whiz on the keyboard (to Gold Medal standard at the London School of Music) and this is only exceeded by her well rehearsed shopping skills.

• RMweb Gold

My brother and I bought the "Hold Down a Chord" book in the 1960's I got as far as the lesson that was based on "The Grand Old Duke of York". I'm now saving guitar for when model railways turns into an extreme hobby.

Matthew played trumpet during his time at Junior school. He had lessons, could read music and was looking forward to being in the school orchestra. When the available trumpet place was given to a girl who couldn't play at all, he lost all interest in playing an instrument and gave his trumpet to his cousin. My nephew is one of those people who can play many instruments but currently favours the banjo.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Now boys you really are stringing this one out. I hate to pick-up on this but the train would have to head up towards the neck either that or terminate at the nut. Of course there's scope for a bridge. I would hate to sound board but the tension is getting to me!

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Premium

Wow wow we are really plucking at straws and pedalling on the edge. Does all this amplify the original track. It seems to strike a chord but we may have to put a capo on it soon.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Premium

Encore? Isn't that what that nice chap Del Segno does until all is Fine. Then again perhaps he just moves Da Capo. Could catch a Coda gain if I keep on strumming this string of conversation. Better pluck up the courage to flip the switch and go out with a cymbalic crash.

Cheers

Dave