The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Guest Max Stafford

Message from the repair centre - the ipod has been repaired and despatched. Amazing!

Apparently, I also have to write it a letter of apology and cut the grass in the park for a month...! ;)

Dave.

• RMweb Premium

Message from the repair centre - the ipod has been repaired and despatched. Amazing!

Apparently, I also have to write it a letter of apology and cut the grass in the park for a month...! ;)

Dave.

And repeat after me three thousand times 'who's a lucky boy then' 'who's a lucky boy then''who's a lucky boy then'

Guest Max Stafford

And repeat after me three thousand times 'who's a lucky boy then' 'who's a lucky boy then''who's a lucky boy then'

I know Mick. Believe it or not I don't actually go off like that very often at all, but I just had a catastrophic sense of humour failure that day... :blush_mini:

Dave.

• RMweb Gold

Oh dear, you know how it is...you plan for something then it all happens at once. It's like this: as you probably know I've just started to learn guitar and, even if I say so myself, it's going fairly well. I have always loved Fender Stratocasters and have a Mexican HSS Standard. Although my playing skills don't warrant it I made up my mind that over the next year or so I would get an American Deluxe, a really nice top of the range job (apart from the Signature and Custom Shop models)

Notice that I said in the next year or so - till I noticed this on Ebay.

post-6683-127983180603.jpg

It's a 2003 AM deluxe, on for a buy it now. I put in a cheeky offer and got it!(although I couldn't have afforded anymore)

Really pleased, can't wait to get it, but am open to any offers of food over the next month......

• RMweb Gold

Oh dear, you know how it is...you plan for something then it all happens at once. It's like this: as you probably know I've just started to learn guitar and, even if I say so myself, it's going fairly well. I have always loved Fender Stratocasters and have a Mexican HSS Standard. Although my playing skills don't warrant it I made up my mind that over the next year or so I would get an American Deluxe, a really nice top of the range job (apart from the Signature and Custom Shop models)

Notice that I said in the next year or so - till I noticed this on Ebay.

post-6683-127983180603.jpg

It's a 2003 AM deluxe, on for a buy it now. I put in a cheeky offer and got it!(although I couldn't have afforded anymore)

Really pleased, can't wait to get it, but am open to any offers of food over the next month......

Perhaps you could try busking?

• RMweb Gold

Perhaps you could try busking?

I'd definitely starve....major and minor pentatonic scales, some chords, Hey Joe and All Right Now isn't exactly much of a repertoire.

Guest Max Stafford

Better than me Phil, I've got a Pacifica standing in the corner next to a Guv'nor bass just waiting for some action. I just need to make some time for them. How are you teaching yourself? I need a bit of structured learning, I think!

Dave.

Guest Max Stafford

:D

I refer the honourable gentleman to my blog...! ;)

In truth, this really is the most relaxing and fulfilling activity I partake in.

Quite why this is so, I've no idea, but nothing comes close to the feeling of satisfaction I get when completing my latest project.

Especially since I started building my own stock again!

Dave.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Throat's quite sore at this time :( ...hope some tea will help. Overcast outside and it looks like there might be additional rain today.

Have a nice day all!

I hope that you have recovered your equilibrium Max.

Smile for the birdie :)

I hope the throat improves Dominic.

It rained quite heavily overnight but was only spitting mildly on the drive into work.

The weekend becons :D

Happy Friday all.

Morning All,

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling too good Dominik. Summer colds are always unpleasant - thankfully mine seems to have, by and large, given up and gone away. I suggest you get yourself down to the Apotheke for a bottle of Bronchicum - it is homeopathic and works very well.

Persistent rain is the order of the day at the moment. It is a very grey day.

Have a good one everybody!

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Anyone play the drums? Early Risers sounds quite a good name for a group.

Dominic won't be lead singer. Not the moment anyway.

• RMweb Gold
How are you teaching yourself? I need a bit of structured learning, I think!

The internet is an amazing resource, pretty much everything you need. I'm trying to learn the rudiments of musical notation, but for me tab is the way to go - I also have two one hour lessons with a tutor a month, expensive but worthwhile I think.

The Pacifica is a cracking guitar, very well thought of by most. Start shredding!

Guest Max Stafford

I don't know. With Dominik's voice being a little hoarse at the moment, we could perform thrash metal whilst he 'sings' Rammstein-style. That might work...! ;) :D

Dave.

• RMweb Gold

I can play the piano... that's about it though. wink.gif

Another driving lesson today - considerably earlier than the rest. Think I will be tacking some big roundabouts. I just hate this horrible nervous feeling in the gut! Very unpleasant.

Speaking of being nervous, I have that interview with Waitrose tomorrow blink.gif